Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Posts 261 to 280 of 692

CITRONtanker

@WahooTime Yeah, 8 Deluxe is pretty great. I guess we'll just have wait and see for when 3D World releases, so I can play it through and compare the two.

Buy Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Dezzy

GigaMermaid wrote:

@Dezzy Ooh, that actually kind of blows. I play docked at almost all times, so not a problem, but that's a real shame. Doesn't Odyssey run at 60 FPS in handheld?

Yes it does. I think they put that extra time and energy into making Odyssey and Breath of the Wild run equally well in handheld mode. Probably because they saw them as trying to demonstrate what the system was capable of.
I think they're just spending a bit less time on that optimization stage now.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

With the base speed being faster I'd imagine Champion's Road will be a lot harder in the Switch version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

@Grumblevolcano I thought that at first but it looks like the characters speed has increased the levels are still the same. I saw clips of the rhythm levels where the blocks change with the beat and they are still the same. The music hasn’t changed speed.
The games a lot easier now for new players and the catsuit can now climb higher.

Champions road is actually easier now

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

FroZtedFlake

Pretty hyped for this game, I feel like there's a chance Bowser's Fury could've been a test for the next 3D Mario game and they just made it better and added it to 3D world that'd explain to me why it's kind of a terrain hodgepodge and it's not a real big game.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Dezzy

@1UP_MARIO

I think @Grumblevolcano is referring to the part where you have those speed boosts and have a fraction of a second to switch direction or jump.

This will get even harder if your character is moving faster:

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

1UP_MARIO

@Dezzy yeah that part would be tricky.

Champions road without a tanooki suit is the hardest 3d Mario level.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Dezzy

This got reviewed in Famitsu and only got 36/40 for some reason. 2 lower than the Wii U version. Not sure what that's about. Maybe just randomness.

jump

@Dezzy That's still an average from 9/10 from the 4 reviewers, far from shabby. It's probably lacking the shininess of a new Mario game for them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

@jump

I think reviewers don't really know how they're supposed to review remasters and ports in general. Like are you supposed to review it based on how good the original game is, or are you supposed to review it based on how much it improves on that original version.
They usually do a bit of both. It's not really obvious that one way is correct though.

Edited on by Dezzy

Jakeheh-

Honestly gonna be playing the hell out of this when it’s out, loved the original but I don’t really like playing with the bulky gamepad. Never played it with multiplayer though - are any people interested in playing online? Would be good to get a few people together!

Jakeheh-

CITRONtanker

@Slowdive That kinda makes sense. I also wonder if they'll include Mario Bros. in the game, too, in the place of Luigi Bros.

Buy Kirby and the Forgotten Land

bowzoid

Anyone know how multiplayer will work on this in terms of playthrough progression for connected clients? I mean, if I join a friend's game (they are host), we play through together for a while, will the progress we've made only be saved for host or will client's game update too? I imagine it will not be the case. I wonder if clients get any extra incentive outside of having multiplayer funs, of course.

I appreciate that nobody will probably not have the answer right now as it's not out, but thought I would ask anyway.

bowzoid

Jakeheh-

@bowzoid I believe that it only progresses on the hosts game file, no one elses

Jakeheh-

TeeJay

I'm worried about how it only progresses the host file. If you play with randos it seems there's no incentive for them not to troll. They get nothing out of it after all.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

@Clyde_Radcliffe Oh...I guess that's both good and bad news in this case.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

chipia

So the reviews for this game look reaaaaally good but I wonder two things:

1.) Is the game any challenging for someone who grew up with the NES? Mario Odyssey was way too easy and I was disappointed that they only added two short levels (dark/darker side) for experienced gamers.

2.) Is the game worth it only for the single player mode? I often get the impression that this is a multiplayer game first.

chipia

Ralizah

@chipia

1) It's not a terribly challenging game, although, like Odyssey, some late game content will test your platforming skills. Its final level is harder than Odyssey's final level. In general, as someone who was also a little let down by the lack of challenge in the main campaign of Mario Odyssey, I thought 3D World had a more satisfying difficulty balance. But yeah, don't go in expecting something NES hard.

2) I played it primarily single-player and had a great time. I actually prefer it as a single-player experience. Co-op play is a little... chaotic... for my liking. Also, single player is better for finding hidden collectibles in the levels.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic