Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Posts 681 to 692 of 692

MarioVillager92

@chipia I think only the player characters' speeds increased. The end of Conkdor Canyon (with the horizontally waving platforms) was tweaked to compensate for the faster speed though, but I think that's it.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

chipia

MarioLover92 wrote:

@chipia I think only the player characters' speeds increased. The end of Conkdor Canyon (with the horizontally waving platforms) was tweaked to compensate for the faster speed though, but I think that's it.

That sounds disappointing. Doesn't the game become too easy that way? I imagine if you run fast you can also jump farther and more easily skip pits and enemies. Also if you are faster than the enemies then you can more easily dodge them. I think it would make more sense if they sped the ENTIRE GAME up and not just the player.

Edited on by chipia

chipia

Epo

chipia wrote:

MarioLover92 wrote:

That sounds disappointing. Doesn't the game become too easy that way? I imagine if you run fast you can also jump farther and more easily skip pits and enemies. Also if you are faster than the enemies you can more easily dodge them. I think it would make more sense if they sped the ENTIRE GAME up and not just the player.

I did not know the game was sped up. I did not own the original because I didn’t own a Wii U. Super Mario 3D Land is one of my favourite games, thus I was excited when I finally got my hands on this game.

And something felt off to me. I felt like I was able to run through the levels way too quick and yes, especially the first worlds, it just felt too easy for me. 3D Land certainly didn’t feel that way. The overall pace was slower, but here, it seems like I have turbo all the time.

Now that I read that it has been sped up, my experience makes sense. I still wonder why they did that, though. I would certainly have preferred it to be a bit slower.

Luckily, later on, when the game gets more difficult, it is not much of an issue anymore. And also I’ve probably gotten used to it by now, but it did take some adaption as I was very surprised - and disappointed - with it.

Epo

MarioVillager92

@chipia I think the game is a little easier as a result, yeah. But not by much, I don't think. I still had a tough time on the later levels, especially Champion's Road. The faster speed did throw me off temporarily, not gonna lie, but I eventually got used to it. Toad in particular is like, as fast as Sonic now, however. He's the character I had the most trouble with. I'd also not hold down the dash button during my first couple hours of playing, so I wouldn't lose control by accident.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

newmoonwinter

Am I the only one who's unable to use a pro controller when trying to play bowser's fury on my switch lite?

newmoonwinter

Tasuki

Been playing the game for awhile and is it me or are the controls really stiff compare to say Mario Odyssey? I tried using different characters, Mario, Princess, Toad and movement feels real stiff.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

BookhouseBoy

@Tasuki It doesn't feel as fluid as Odyssey but that's probably because it's within the confines of SM3DW. I did find it weird that I couldn't do the usual tricks with Mario like the backflip.

I'm excited to see if this is the formula for the next Mario game because it would play amazing with Odyssey style movements and controls.

BookhouseBoy

Nintoz

@Tasuki 3D World's controls are locked in 8 directions, this was done so the game could be compatible with Wii remotes.
Feels like something they would have fixed for the Switch release given everything else they changed but that's probably why it feels kinda stiff. Bowser's Fury, on the other hand, has lovely fluid movement from my experience at least!

Nintoz

Tasuki

That makes sense. Back when I played this game on the Wii U the controls didn't feel that way. Perhaps I will try Bowser's Fury and see how I fair with those controls.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Hey do you still wanna play co-op with me? My birthday's this Wednesday, but if you're unable to make it that day, that's fine.

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Just pulled the game off my shelf to remind me. I should be able to play, unless something comes up, I should be free.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Ok great! If something does come up that day, do feel free to reschedule it, no pressure.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic