Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Posts 241 to 260 of 692

Grumblevolcano

Well we don't know how Nintendo handled the microphone levels. For those who don't remember, in 3D World there were some levels where you blew into the Wii U Gamepad's microphone to move "fan" platforms.

Maybe increasing speed has something to do with the workaround?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioVillager92

@Grumblevolcano I'm gonna guess that they'll replace the fan platforms with normal moving platforms. There's no microphone on any of the Switch's controllers so it only makes sense.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

in 3D World there were some levels where you blew into the Wii U Gamepad's microphone to move "fan" platforms.

"You know this motion you almost never do whilst playing any video games, and therefore feels completely weird and out of place. Yeah, we need to you to do that like 3 times in the middle of the game, but then never again."

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

1UP_MARIO

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury + Bowser's Fury Steel book For £42.85

Shop to.net

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

prof_grunty

This game just needs to be out already! I feel foolish for how much I'm anticipating a game I've mostly already played a few years ago.

prof_grunty

VoidofLight

I'm probably going to wait on this game honestly. As much as I want to play it, there's other things I want to get later down the line, so I'll probably just wait for a few months, as I already own the game on the Wii U anyways.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Dezzy

Plenty of new gameplay footage. It's looking great.

Definitely runs at 60fps, although not sure about the resolution. Looks very aliasy:

dionysos283

The article also says, that Bowser's Fury is bigger than any kingdom from Mario Odyssey! 😮

EDIT: It's probably the water in-between the islands, that make it so big (like in Wind Waker).

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

dionysos283

dionysos283 wrote:

@Clyde_Radcliffe
Where in the article does it say, that it took them six hours to complete?

So, I did my research and apparently the author of the article deleted the section about the length of the game. Maybe he was not meant to talk about this yet?

Here is the now deleted quote:

"Bowser’s Fury took me about 3 hours to beat and 3 more hours to 100%. Not bad at all for a bonus campaign."

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

dionysos283

Now I'm really pumped for this game! 100 cat shines and 6 hours of gameplay is quite awesome!

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

Clyde_Radcliffe

@dionysos283 Ooh, sounds like he broke an embargo. Yeah and I like to take my time and look around in Mario games (I'd literally climb to the highest points in Mario Sunshine levels just to look at the view!) plus can be quite bad with certain puzzles so will probably take me much longer! The journalist was probably playing through fairly quickly so he could write about it.

Clyde_Radcliffe

Dezzy

Wow 6 hours is incredible if that's true. 3D World itself is only like 10 hours for a basic playthrough (not completionist).

If that's true, this is one of the best value releases Nintendo has had for quite a while.

Bad news though, the eurogamer preview says that Bowser's Fury is 30fps in handheld mode, but 60 when docked. So Switch Lite owners are getting screwed.

CITRONtanker

If the 6 hour campaign of Bowsers Fury is true, than this makes 3D World the greatest Wii U Switch port by default, combined with this games incredible gameplay improvements.

Please be true, please be true.

@Dezzy Ooh, that actually kind of blows. I play docked at almost all times, so not a problem, but that's a real shame. Doesn't Odyssey run at 60 FPS in handheld?

Buy Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Maaryotyme

@GigaMermaid 6 hour to 100% would be great. I’d say mario kart 8 is the best Wii u switch port. All DLC new characters and new battle mode

Maaryotyme

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic