Forums

Topic: Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Posts 421 to 440 of 483

ralphdibny

@HobbitGamer the nadir ship looked cool actually, I saw that in the shop. It was so big I doubt id be able to see the controller under it!

See ya!

HobbitGamer

@gimmi_c It’s one of the two bigger ships (Neptune is just smaller). Hardly use it, but the Nullifier missiles+ice missiles are crazy fun.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ralphdibny

I've caved, I got the lot. From Argos though so slightly cheaper, I think came to about £80 (including the PS4 version with the other ship) and am going to pick up the Smyth's exclusive one on Saturday so 90 total. It's amazing that its cost £20 more than the switch version to get the game again with all the toys. I felt ripped off last year when it dropped in price dramatically after I bought it but I think the pain has died down enough for me to double dip into this world....

I'm guessing that pre order bonus character is a lost cause. No way am I shelling out £15 for it at cex (I hope). Doubt anywhere else will have it still.

See ya!

HobbitGamer

@gimmi_c NICE! Which exclusive is that? Startail is the only one that comes to mind, the US didn’t get him IIRC

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ralphdibny

@HobbitGamer startail is the pre order bonus I think. Argos had the Cerberus with a razer lemay figure and Smyth's has the scrambler with Levi mcray (I think that's what the pilots are called) they include guns too but they might be duplicates

See ya!

HobbitGamer

@gimmi_c Oh ok. Cerberus with Razr is a GameStop exclusive here, and I can’t bring myself to care about Levi and his Scrambler. Levi is probably my least favorite character anyway 😂
Out of all the series 2 things on dlc, I wish they had at least produced a physical StarFox pilot pack

#MudStrongs

ralphdibny

@HobbitGamer haha yeah, I wonder how much more this game would've sold if it had starwing characters only lol.

Our shop names must sound really odd to an american! Makes me laugh when they mention the spy organisation Argus in the show Arrow because it sounds so much like one of our shops!

See ya!

ralphdibny

I heard a little while ago about new star fox missions being added as paid DLC. To get them, do I download the "Digital Star Fox Team Pilot Pack"?

It doesn't say anything about missions in the description...

See ya!

HobbitGamer

@gimmi_c Yes, the additional DLC missions for StarFox team is accessible after purchasing the Star Fox Pilot Pack. If you try to begin the mission tree without buying that pack, the game will prompt you with a message stating as much.

#MudStrongs

ralphdibny

@HobbitGamer oic fair enough, cheers. I guess these are the only pilots with missions locked behind them?? So sad they're not making toys of these guys

See ya!

backinthegame

are the toys necessary to play this as I only play in hand held? Eg: can I buy the starter pack display the toys and play the base game without having to use them or purchase anything else.

Gaming in places no other consoles have ever been!

HobbitGamer

@backinthegame Your idea works, with one minor detail; In order to use the digital version of the toys, you’ll need to use them in game at least once every seven days.
For example; boot up your save with the controller mount, put on the arwing and swap out weapons/pilots just so the tv reflects what you’re doing. Then you can use all that without toys for a week.

Hope that makes sense

#MudStrongs

backinthegame

@HobbitGamer Once a week? Not once and once only perhaps I will pass this one by.

sr_388

backinthegame wrote:

@HobbitGamer Once a week? Not once and once only perhaps I will pass this one by.

The Arwing is digital as well (along with the main guy's ship). You don't need to actually use the physical Arwing. Maybe the first time you play, but if so that's the only time. The 7 day thing only applies to any extra toys you buy.

sr_388

HobbitGamer

@sr_388 Oops, you're totally right! I forgot that everything in the starter is digitally unlocked for good, @backinthegame

#MudStrongs

backinthegame

Thanks perhaps I will pick it up then it looks like the sort of game I would enjoy.

backinthegame

Absolutely loving this. Got the digital deluxe version for £26.99 it’s my first download. Might just have to pick up a physical copy to keep the collection in order. This game in my opinion has a feel of an xbox360 mmorpg I used to play called defiance. This is definitely going to get many many hours of play time. For me it’s just a shame they didn’t release a full physical deluxe version without the need for toys. This is definitely a very enjoyable game.

HobbitGamer

@backinthegame Glad it turned out for you! It is a very fun game. If you liked the loot drops in Defiance (great show and game imo), you’ll really enjoy it in this one. Mid to late game really shows off the customization of builds.

#MudStrongs

backinthegame

@HobbitGamer thanks yes I’m really enjoying it and glad I got the digital deluxe, however I would of preferred a physical copy of the deluxe and no need for the toys. Yeah I was a huge fan of defiance on 360 hundred of hours and so many orange weapons and shields. Never saw the tv show.

CTmatic

Hey man, we’ve chatted before back about Asphalt 9. 😉. Anyway, so...Starlink. A few questions for you please. I’m hoping you’ll reply by tomorrow morning if not tonight because I have this on hold at GameStop for tomorrow. @HobbitGamer

I never played this but always thought about it. I saw GameStop has the new physical edition starter pack on sale for ONLY $9.99!!! So I called my store next to my job and it’s on hold for me to grab tomorrow. It depends a little on my questions below.

The starter pack toys are available digitally right away, correct? Like I never need to do the goofy attachment to my controller at all if I don’t want to (which I don’t), correct? My intentions are physical game copy and all digital gear/ships/weapons/etc.

I know from reading that it’s almost stupid to get the physical version when the digital game includes everything and the physical does not, but I don’t care I’m a physical version guy all the way.

So next question, I was shocked to see on the eShop that “Collection Pack 1” is $50 and “Collection Pack 2” is $60 or vice versa with the pricing. Are the entire packs worth it? I see tons of individual $4.99 packs to choose instead, but I don’t want to regret buying some cheaper ones and whind up wanting all the ships, weapons, etc. My mindset is simply, I’m hoping and want this game for the long haul so I don’t want that feeling of “I’m missing out on a lotta stuff that I know is available” to make the game better overall.

Thanks man!

Edited on by CTmatic

~ A man chooses. A slave obeys. ~

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic