Forums

Topic: Stardew Valley

Posts 301 to 320 of 325

Tasuki

@Eel Oh ok I was thinking that the upgraded watering can just made it so you can hold more water. Definitely will get it upgraded the next time I play.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

Well upgraded my watering can and since we are in winter been plotting out my garden area for the spring, basically setting the walls up and scarecrows and sprinklers so all I basically have to do is plant the seeds when it's time.

I also manger to unlock the minecarts which I am guessing is a fast travel system. Currently on the Winter Festival. Then it's onward to spring.

My Backlog

Eel

Sounds like a good plan! Yes, though a bit limited, the minecarts are a faster way to get around, particularly if you have anything to donate to the museum, since you can just zip to it and back to your farm.

By the way, if you ever find any weird eggs that say you can donate them to the museum, try incubating them in your coop instead.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

@Eel Do normal eggs turn into chickens if left in the coop?? I thought I read somewhere that eggs don't become chickens just like you can't slaughter animals for meat.

My Backlog

Eel

@Tasuki Level 2 and 3 coops come with incubators, they're in the corner next to the feed dispenser, you just need to hold and egg and place it there like it's a maker-type machine.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tasuki

@Eel Oh ok I only have the first coop right now, which is why I been turning my eggs into mayonnaise as I get more money for mayo then just an egg.

Before I upgrade my coop though I was thinking of getting the barn but before that I need to make a pasture for Hay production and a couple of Silos to hold it. As of now this Winter I have 3 chickens but have already used up alot of hay as I do have a silo so I can only imaging how much I will go through with cows and such.

My Backlog

Eel

Ah yes, you'll have new grass in spring, just remember to make an extra silo to keep all the feed before cutting it all. I'd also recommend keeping a grassy area around your barns so your animals can go out and eat on their own. As long as there's enough for them to eat without finishing it all, it should keep reproducing on its own.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tasuki

So I noticed that Robin can move buildings. I don't like where some of the buildings are placed but I wanted to ask how does that work?? Like do I have to empty everything out of the building so it can be moved?? What about buildings with animals like the Chicken Coop? Do the animals move with it?

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Eel

@Tasuki you only need to free up the space where you want to place the buildings, remove stuff like trees, rocks, etc and make sure there's no animals around.

Moving is done instantly, and the buildings contents remain unchanged.

Bloop.

Tasuki

Anyone know a good place to farm hardwood?? I need quite a bit for some things but I don't have any on my farm to chop.

My Backlog

komodo182

@Tasuki Left of where you buy animals.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Eel

Yes, that's the "secret" woods, you need to chop a large log to get access.

And if you get any mahogany seeds from the stumps or the slimes in the secret woods, those grow into hardwood trees.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tasuki

@Eel Yeah I got the stumps from that area already but I didn't know that Mahogany seeds grew into hardwood trees. Guess I got some planting to do.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Update on my farm in Stardew. I just got the Greenhouse 😆 but also I am in my second Winter so I am using this time to remodel the layout of my farm.

One thing I am curious about does anyone know which crops are the best to pickle/jelly? I am thinking of setting up a production area near my crops to produce stuff like Pickles/Jelly and Wine/Juice.

My Backlog

Eel

I mostly use the pickling tubs to age fish roe, and use the kegs with ancient and star fruit.

I do also try to have three or four kegs working full time on making coffee though.

According to the wiki, crops with low selling value and high yield perform better in the preserves jar, while fruits with already high selling value do better in the keg. Mostly because pickling much faster than, uh, juicing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tasuki

Ok that's good to know. I have seen some charts that people did online and such but I couldn't make heads or tails of them. Right now I am just trying to maximize my profits.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Finally finished all of the bundles and rebuilt the community center tonight. I think the one thing I really enjoy about this game over older Harvest Moon games is the fact that there is no ending. I don't rushed to do things in this game like I did in Harvest Moon.

Now that I am done with the community center I think I will turn my attention to one of the available bachelorettes.

My Backlog

Eel

Well there's very few Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons with real time limits/endings. Anyhow, congrats! I'm sure you'll notice a few things opening up now that you completed the bundles! The last update added tons of good new content there.

Bloop.

Tasuki

@Eel I remember one HM game I played on PS2 only gave you three years and then the game would end and you had to start over. It seemed like you were just getting started and BAM that was it.

I wasn't aware of the updates they did to Stardew. Going to google now.

My Backlog

Eel

Yeah back in the early days they did enjoy their endings, exclusively on home consoles too. I can't think of any handheld game in the series with a true definitive "kthxbye start over" ending (besides getting married in Harvest Moon 3 when you play as a woman, because [insert sexist joke here]).

That one you mention, was in fact remade/reimagined some time later for the PSP, and they did allow you to continue playing and get married in that one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic