Forums

Topic: Stardew Valley

Posts 101 to 120 of 325

Hughesy

Indeed, but this is a thread about the game, literally everything is a spoiler. If you don’t want to see people talk about the game then this isn’t the place to look

This game is awesome, as a FIFA fanatic, this game has kept me from playing Fifa mostly, it’s just so addictive.

Edited on by Hughesy

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

JasmineDragon

I couldn't figure out how to fish for the first couple of days, but once I got the hang of it I actually like it a lot. It is definitely "a Mario Party minigame" in flavor, but it makes kind of a fun break from the routine of farming. I may or may not have rushed through my "chores" so I could go fishing once or twice.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

KirbyTheVampire

@Hughesy There's a difference between talking about the game in general and talking about the really spoilery parts, so those parts should be covered with a spoiler tag. It's just the courteous thing to do.

And I know that people talk about the game here, and that's fine. You don't see me complaining when people talk about stuff like upgrading tools or whatever.

KirbyTheVampire

NaviAndMii

@JasmineDragon Yeah, I'm a big fan of the fishing mechanic too! To me, it has the feel of a 'man vs. fish' tussle about it - like the fish is trying to escape, so you really have to work to reel it in...all in the form of a cleverly constructed, Mario Party-esque mini-game, like you say! I think it's really fun - and adds a real shot of intensity in to the game if and when you fancy a change of pace

Admittedly, I'm not that great at it really - but I was able to use my limited fishing skills to good enough effect at the Stardew Valley Fair to earn myself my first Rarecrow! ..good job too, because I totally sucked at the other mini-games!

..so, yeah, I wouldn't change it - it's a winner for me!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

SKTTR

It's on retail for PS4 and Vita? I'll wait for the Switch retail version then.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

JasmineDragon

Anybody having a glitch where the cursor or your character keeps moving to the left when playing handheld? It comes up sporadically for me, and I checked my Joy-Con calibration and it seems to be fine. Haven't had a chance to check if it's occuring in other games yet, but it's definitely not happening in my Switch home menu.

dav2612

JasmineDragon wrote:

Anybody having a glitch where the cursor or your character keeps moving to the left when playing handheld? It comes up sporadically for me, and I checked my Joy-Con calibration and it seems to be fine. Haven't had a chance to check if it's occuring in other games yet, but it's definitely not happening in my Switch home menu.

I just spent an hour with it over my lunchbreak and no such issue. Having had a similar issue with the Xbox One controller I would recommend you check this in another game. If it is a fault with the analogue stick then chances are the 'push' to the left is not strong enough to register on the menu but it is in a game. That is certainly the situation I had with the Xbox controller.

dav2612

Hughesy

@SKTTR Quick question, why would you only want it if it’s retail? It’s such a tiny download it seems totally pointless to have the added cost of retail. I can’t see it happening, but if that stops people buying an amazing game then that’s a shame.

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

NaviAndMii

@JasmineDragon I've experienced similar...however, it happened on a very windy day - and my character seemed to be moving in the same direction as the wind (from right to left) - so I wondered whether it may have had something to do with that? ..I've since played on calmer days with no issue - is that a thing? :/

Fooligan

This is the type of game that, I believe, feels better as a download due to the convenience. After playing one game I just slide over to this one and play one or two in game days without having to switch carts out.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

CroRock

@NaviAndMii Blacksmith needs 2 days for upgrading tools. Watch TV every morning for forecast. When it says it will raining tomorrow, water your crops and head to blacksmith.
Btw I upgraded first watering can and water lasts longer but still waters one tile. Maybe I should try holding button for longer range like someone wrote...

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

CroRock

I experienced some issues with my right joy con being not responsive or to be precise-buttons work with delay, kinda. And that’s on docked mode.
I had similar issue once in BOTW in mountain area. I just hope it’s not my switch or joy con..
Anyone else experienced “slowdowns” in docked mode? Please, anyone?! 🤞

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Haru17

@Meowpheel The game really should explain that in tooltips, lol. I kept using my watering can 1-by-1 manually into summer it feels.

And the game randomly lags sometimes in handheld mode, not that it ever bothered me. It's not persistent.

The reason that I'm playing it in handheld mode however: the text is way too small. This is another PC port that forgot to enlarge the text so people don't have to squint to read it from just a few feet away. Kinda really dumb.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

SKTTR

@Hughesy

Size doesn't matter. Tetris was on a 2KB cartridge. I want the best games on my shelf. Stardew Valley is one of them, isn't it? Let them polish it up and release it on retail. They did it for PS4. I'm confident they can do it for Switch as well.

At the moment I'm playing Mario+Rabbids, Disgaea 5 Complete, and Sine Mora EX on my Switch, and there's a dozen of other retail games I have pre-ordered: Super Mario Odyssey, L.A. Noire, Breath of the Wild 2, Skyrim, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, This Is The Police, and DOOM. That's just my Day 1 wishlist for the rest of the year.

Also, it's not that I never download anything from the Switch eShop. I have the BotW DLC, and I even downloaded a Switch game, Thimbleweed Park, for 19,99€. If that one's getting a retail release for 29,99€ I'd buy it too. I'm from a time where such a game was 49,99€ anyway and worth every penny.

Do you think Stardew Valley is worth 13,99€ + 29,99€ later on for the retail version?
The first Harvest Moon on SNES was 69,99€.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Eel

@Haru17 I guess I simply expected it to work like that, having played harvest moon and all.

I dunno if the game explains it... But yeah it should.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NaviAndMii

CroRock wrote:

@NaviAndMii Blacksmith needs 2 days for upgrading tools. Watch TV every morning for forecast. When it says it will raining tomorrow, water your crops and head to blacksmith.
Btw I upgraded first watering can and water lasts longer but still waters one tile. Maybe I should try holding button for longer range like someone wrote...

Ah, great stuff - thanks for the info! The 28 sprinklers I'm going to need to auto-water my 7 tilled fields is going to take me quite some time (2 down, 26 to go!) - but a can that holds more water certainly seems like a worthwhile investment in the mean time...I've just had back-to-back-to-back rainy days, so I'm probably due a dry spell - but I'll get on that at the very next opportunity!

Meowpheel wrote:

Yes, hold the button to increase the area of effect.

Didn't know that either - good to know! I assume that doing that uses more water per sprinkle (if that makes sense)? ..even so, it'd be worthwhile - especially with an upgraded can!

JasmineDragon

NaviAndMii wrote:

@JasmineDragon I've experienced similar...however, it happened on a very windy day - and my character seemed to be moving in the same direction as the wind (from right to left) - so I wondered whether it may have had something to do with that? ..I've since played on calmer days with no issue - is that a thing? :/

Didn't think about the wind. I've seen that effect, too. But this is happening to me on calm days and in the menus, too, so I don't think it's related to that. Guess I'll have to try playing a different game when I get home, see if it happens there too.

I'm afraid my kid might be banging on the Joy-Con too hard. I hope that's not the case - those things are too expensive to be replacing every six months.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic