Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 5,194

Wolf_BrickApple

If I buy the Spaltoon 3 dlc, will my NSO family members with Splatoon 3 be able to access it?

Nintendo Switch code: SW-1698-5917-2965

WoomyNNYes

@Wolf_BrickApple I can tell you how Splatoon 2 worked, and I expect Splatoon 3 to work the same: If you bought Splatoon 2's expansion pass, aka Octo Expansion, all switch users on the console can access the dlc single player. NSO family plan is not needed for access to the expansion's single player game.

Regarding Splatoon online features, each switch user profile needs to be linked to their own nintendo account, and have an NSO sub. Since you have a family plan, you've got the subscription covered. But note, the in-game progress & gear you've acquired with your main switch user does not get shared to other switch user profiles. They will have to start from scratch & at level 1.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

So is the catalog resetting on the 1st March for the new season? Damn, I’m only on level 72 and won’t get a chance to claim some of the prizes before then.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

A bunch of new stuff dropped this morning across the Twitter accounts (click the tweet for the full thread).

Firstly, a brand new Special! We were speculating those bombs with the cute little faces might've been a new sub, turns out they're part of a Special called Super Chump (brilliant name btw) which sends out a legion of bombs into a designated area that explode after a few seconds (basically a cross between Tenta Missiles and Bomb Rush). While the idea of Tenta Missiles 2 does worry me immensely, this seems like a pretty balanced version of it due to lacking the tracking of the original so I'm definitely a big fan.

Next we have two confirmed kits for both N-Zap 89 and Clash Blaster Neo. Both have Super Chump in addition to Autobomb on N-Zap and Curling Bomb on Clash. ....they're really just giving us the 2 kits without Missiles huh. Not that I'm complaining to be honest because these seem both really fun and a LOT healthier than their previous versions!

And finally is the typical new gear and locker items. Not the most exciting thing in the world but still really cool regardless (BEANIE/C-SIDE POSTER MY BELOVED).

Overall...good lord this was a massive dump of information but the stuff they've shown here gets me really excited honestly

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: ....nothing XD

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Budda

So the increased shop slots are not exclusive to Inkopolis, like many have speculated on Twitter.

These bombs are hilarious. 😁
These look so derpy. Like they are saying: " Destroy us before we are destroying you! 🤪"

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Fizza

Budda wrote:

These bombs are hilarious. 😁
These look so derpy. Like they are saying: " Destroy us before we are destroying you! 🤪"

I saw someone on Twitter call them the 'Kawaii-kaze' and I still can't get over it XD

WoomyNNYes

jump wrote:

So is the catalog resetting on the 1st March for the new season? Damn, I’m only on level 72 and won’t get a chance to claim some of the prizes before then.

Yeah, a new catalog starts March 1. I think the robo steppin emote is around catalog level 82 or 84, which might the coolest thing you haven't gotten. Beyond that, there's nothing I cared for. There's a couple ugly/boring gear sets I'll never use ever. The tan parka/winter coat gear for completing the catalog is so drab, I'll never use it. The pink, purple octopus banner at level 99 is cool, but I don't use it, because I think some other banners look cooler, or have more street cred. If you play a few matches every day, I think you could still get the robo steppin emote before the new catalog drops.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Budda

Talking about catalogue levels. I thought I couldn't get to 100 in time this season. 1 month past and I was just in the 30's and thought I couldn't make it. Buuut... I looked at my level now and realised, eh, wasn't close after all. 😅 (I'm now 177)

Edited on by Budda

jump

@WoomyNNYes cheers, thing is though I’m off on my holidays next week and I’ve got a few gigs and family commitments too before the end of the month so I doubt I will get a chance to play it to level up that much.

To be honest I’d don’t care about the items themselves and it’s just that I can’t have them which tricks by brain into now wanting them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Grumblevolcano

Each day you get a win (in any online multiplayer mode), you get a catalog level so there's 11 or 12 easier level ups dependent on whether you've already got a win today.

I won't get to 100 but I can't say I mind. For Season 1, it just came naturally as a result of how much I wanted to play the game normally given there was a large gap between the last Splatoon 2 event and Splatoon 3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

I managed to get to Level 100 during the Splatfest so I'm sitting pretty myself. Probably going to take a break until the new Season drops to refresh myself going into it (apart from the first Golden Salmon Run rotation happening this weekend, will definitely be around for that ).

Wolf_BrickApple

@WoomyNNYes thanks for the response. I have myself as the main account holder on the NSO family plan with two members of that plan all three of us are using a physical copy of splatoon 3 as well as a switch console each. If I understand correctly that means we'd all have access to this DLC if just I purchased it once using the main account?

Edited on by Wolf_BrickApple

Budda

@Wolf_BrickApple
Only on the same console. Doesn't work with separate consoles. Even if the account owning the DLC are on all consoles. That's because it can only share DLC with other profiles on a console if that account is set as 'primary console'. And you can set that only to one console.

(If they add the DLC to the Expansion Pack, every member can download it seperatly.)

Edited on by Budda

Wolf_BrickApple

@Budda I was afraid of that. Guess I'll have to buy thrice. Thanks for the info I was having a tough time with this issue

WoomyNNYes

@Wolf_BrickApple Just bolstering Budda, above. It's true NSO expansion pass does give access to Mario Kart 8 & Splatoon 2 expansion DLC, but so far, Nintendo has not added Splatoon 3's expansion to the NSO Expansion subscription.

Half way down Nintendo's NSO page (see link below), there's a "membership comparison" section, which has two columns on the right outlining what standard NSO and NSO expansion offer. MK8 & Splatoon 2 expansions are in there for NSO expnasion, but nothing for Splatoon 3. And I don't recall anything in Splatoon 3 expansion's trailers mentioning access via NSO expansion.

Nintendo's NSO membership details page
https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online/nintendo-switch-online/

'Tendo liker

Croctopus

I wondered about new emotes. I'm hoping for the T pose someday!

Always appreciate more opportunities to get more titles. I still regularly blow money on the Shell-Out Machine to get titles that even remotely describe me and my likes.

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

GX_64

4 pairs of Toejamz? That is too many. I like some of the posters like the C-Side one and the Squid Sisters one (although I will not be able to reach it since it is at level 97 and I am going back to uni soon).

GX_64

jump

@Dev9417 I’m rather thankful I found some titles I really liked early on, “Rockabilly Grease”, so I still use that machine daily but I doubt will find any others that would make me want to change mine.

Nicolai wrote:

BenAV

Untitled
Well that was horrible. Taking my two Cohozuna kills and running. That'll do me for Splatoon till next season.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic