Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 5,093

WoomyNNYes

Two things.
1. I didn't realize Side Order was likely a reference to the final splatoon 2 splatfest, Order v Chaos. The DLC has different translations in other regions. "Tower of Order" and "Call to Order". Being that I picked team order, I'm pleased.
2. I pasted this video to play at a timestamp showing a pic of Pearl. I noticed her jacket appears to have a blue NASA-style mission patch on it, which could mean rockets & space for the DLC. Search "nasa mission patch" if you're not familiar. Which could also be supported by the fact that the orange rocket in single player hub world gets replaced with a blue rocket after you beat the game.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Grumblevolcano

They brought back the Kraken special from Splatoon 1:

The 2nd video confirms that Manta Maria is returning from Splatoon 2.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Great news, I loved the Kraken in the first game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Takomaki

Is there a video in english for the new season?

Takomaki

Budda

@Takomaki
No. They said the infos for the next season comes on March 1st. I guess we get the trailer there.
Edit: Never mind. I can't find it anymore where they said that. I swear there was a tweet saying that. 😅

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Budda

For everyone wondering. There's this overview. Juke box is coming. And something new for Salmon Run. There's a gold medal that is unfamiliar to me.

Edited on by Budda

Fizza

Of course the ONE time I decide to fire up Smash Ultimate is when they decide to drop an utter bombshell of an announcement. Someone help me.

These look awesome though! Never in a million years did I think Kraken would make a comeback (seemingly even better than before which is....worrying) and the new weapons are looking great as well (TRI-SLOSHER'S FINALLY GETTING A NEW KIT THANK GOD). Other than that, the new gear is looking spiffing (hopefully they'll add more than before), I'm curious about those cute bombs (new sub perhaps?) and that Salmon Run tease is giving me hope for a new King Salmonid (sure would be nice to have another XD). Don't think I can complain in the slightest honestly, hoping for a full trailer later today!

Though really there's only one thing that's truly perfection: the return of the jukebox.
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

ok1

After looking at the poster, it seems Frye is getting a new card? What exactly is different about this one? Hopefully someone translates the words on it…

hello

Barbiegurl777

Is Splatoon 3 worth getting sooner as opposed to later? By later I mean this June lol. Mainly because I just got Splatoon 2 this past January & love it but still want to get Splatoon 3 to play later. Is there a big difference between both games other than the years they were released in? Just curious~ 🤷‍♀️✌️ Thank you in advance for any advice/ help~ ✌️

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

StarPoint

Wow, Fresh Season is looking incredible. They still haven’t dropped a trailer yet so we don’t know about everything, but the return of the Manta Maria and the Tri Slosher kit is enough to make me happy!

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Croctopus

So it's not Squid Beatz but the Jukebox is still a way to listen to this game's music, so I'm happy! Bonus points for being in a free update and not paid DLC. Nice to see the N-ZAP '89 and Custom Jet Squelcher returning. Hopefully the Custom Dualie Squelchers won't be far behind. Can't wait to see the new desert ruins map.

Whirling Deep Cut Fan
Team Bucket List: Die for Frye

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

LiNeR

Oooo. I just realized something, in the season poster, the pictures next to the juke box are album covers! Probably new music for the multiplayer!

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

StarPoint

@LiNeR ohhh man I sure hope we get some new music! That would just be icing on the cake.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

LiNeR

@StarPoint me too. I love splatoon 3’s music, but i’m definitely ready for a few new songs in the rotation.

@Dev9417 it would be cool if we could toggle the frequency that songs play like in Smash Ultimate.

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

Budda

@LiNeR
Not sure about that. One picture shows Octarians. It's probably from single player. Unless they have their own song now.
And the 3rd picture is from the song that Pearl and Marina are performing. They are snippets of the cover you can see on the video that Nintendo uploaded on YouTube.

Edited on by Budda

WoomyNNYes

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Is Splatoon 3 worth getting sooner as opposed to later? By later I mean this June lol. Mainly because I just got Splatoon 2 this past January & love it but still want to get Splatoon 3 to play later. Is there a big difference between both games other than the years they were released in? Just curious~ 🤷‍♀️✌️ Thank you in advance for any advice/ help~ ✌️
Happy Gaming! (^_^)

If you play Splatoon online, the best time to have Splatoon is while it's serviced with Splatfests, which Nintendo only holds for two years. Splatfests are a very fun, magical time to play. Splatoon 3's Salmon Run is also available full time, whereas Splatoon 2's Salmon Run isn't always open.

Asking if there's a big difference between between Spaltoon 2 and Splatoon 3 can be a polarizing question. Splatoon 3 is an updated version of Splatoon 2. Since you're new to Splatoon, I'd say the biggest reason to get Splatoon 3 would be for Spaltfests. You can also skip the news on Splatoon 3. And Splatoon 3's single player is generally praised as the best single player, although I love all the single player in Splatoon 2 & 3, so I revert back to Splatfests.

I tried to keep my answer simple. Someone else here may have other points.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

Budda wrote:

I just checked my capsule-seed.
Oh man... I get the gold capsule on the 900th capsule from now on.
I guess I won't get it for a looong time. 😅

Holy crap. Maybe that explains why I've only gotten two? Or at least points to them getting less common over time. What do the gold capsules give? I think they give the 10 ability chunks for every ability, what else? Am I right that the gold capsule is where the gold banners come from? I still haven't gotten a gold banner.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Budda

@WoomyNNYes
They give you the gold seasonal splshtag. The one you get in the catalogue, in gold.
Silver gives you seasonal titles.
Bronze gives you 10 of every ability junk.

What capsules you get is predetermined randomly when you start a game brand new with an account. But with some computer-y stuff, you can calculate what you will get, since computers can not actually do real random. It still has an algorithm you can read.

Edited on by Budda

Barbiegurl777

@WoomyNNYes

I'm not new new to splatoon my first Splatoon game I still have on the wii u but liked it & wanted to get Splatoon 2 before jumping into Splatoon 3 is why I got Splatoon 2 this year~ 🤷‍♀️

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic