Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 4,886

ChaoticMagolor

Oh my god white is actually pulling through.

Edited on by ChaoticMagolor

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

gcunit

gcunit wrote:

Is there any way to check your connection strength in-game before entering a battle?

Anyone know the answer to this?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

jump

@gcunit nope you can’t check in game before hand unless you meant to check your wi-fi strength in general.

I’m probably talking out of my bumhole but the game is peer to peer so even if your connection is a good one if one of the host players has a weak internet connection it mucks up the game for everyone else.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

So if Nintendo follows what happened last time, the Season 3 trailer should be tomorrow.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

gcunit wrote:

gcunit wrote:

Is there any way to check your connection strength in-game before entering a battle?

Anyone know the answer to this?

gcunit wrote:

Is there any way to check your connection strength in-game before entering a battle? If not, there really ****ing should be.

Got Splatoon 3 this weekend. Played in the Splatfest last night, no significant problems, played 22 games. But tried playing this morning in another room of my house where WiFi is iffier, and I keep getting booted from matches for connection issues, but my connection seems fine until I'm in the match. Why the **** doesn't it show you what your ping rates are or whatever the appropriate measure would be so that I can diagnose my connection issue and stop entering matches to get booted straight back out?

It's possible, that some days can have connection issues at no fault of your own.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Dev9417 I thought milk chocolate was going to win most votes based on people here in the forum and all my switch friends. But, all three days, Splatoon 3's news has shown White Chocolate with most votes, Dark second, Milk in last place.

First day of splatfest: Dark: 33%, Milk 31%, White 35%
Today it was like: Dark 33%, Milk 31%, White 36%

I chose Milk, because I thought it would be most popular. I've been surprised by the outcome.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

gcunit

@jump Thanks for the answer. Seems like there really should be a way to check, but hey-ho...

I returned to the room I'd been in for the 22 matches tonight and still got connection issues at first. Changed to the other SSID in my house and it seems better now. My ratio is now ****ed cos I've been booted from about 8 games.

And do you know, I think it might have taken me 7 years and three iterations of Splatoon to realise that inking walls doesn't count as turf in a turf war. FML. And I'm still falling out of bounds sometimes. Ridiculous.

Edit: I feel like I have to put on record that I think I must have known about the wall inking in Splatoon 1, but I've definitely forgotten somewhere along the way.

Edited on by gcunit

Fizza

Closing up shop with about 140k Clout total between the three options. This Splatfest definitely started off badly for me (I won 4 out of my first 27 matches for crying out loud), but I managed to pull it back on Day 2 and definitely ended up feeling a lot more positive overall than I was to begin with. Had a great time overall and hoping Team White Chocolate manages to hold on going into tomorrow!

Also I finally managed to win a 10x as my last match of the Splatfest which was absolutely fantastic

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

gcunit

@Fizza Sounds like a great second day. The only x10 I had was one of the matches I got booted from, and after a 5-game winning streak to balance out my ratio, I finished up this evening with a 5-game losing steak 😫

Grumblevolcano

Wow, White Chocolate won everything.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Croctopus

It's another Big Man sweep. White Chocolate swept everything, even the votes.
Votes: White 42.22%, Milk 33.31%, Dark 24.47%
Open: White 36.63%, Dark 32.14%, Milk 31.23%
Pro: White 35.50%, Dark 33.32%, Milk 31.18%
Tricolor Battle: White 33.94%, Dark 33.15%, Milk 32.91%
White gets a full 57 points. Poor Shiver now has a losing streak of three in a row.

Congratulations, White Chocolate! I'm not TOO disappointed since White was my second choice. White ink is the reason why it won. Historically, teams with white or silver ink have usually won Splatfest, such as Team Friend and Team Modern in Splatoon 2. Team Order has been (unfortunately) the lone exception.

Now that I've lost, I'll have to try to go buy White Chocolate from a store to eat. I think I'll have a hard time finding something since I think it's a little niche, but I've drank coffee drinks with white chocolate before, so maybe I'll just get that?

Edited on by Croctopus

Bonerattle Arena Legendary Warrior
Pedal to the Megalodontia!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

gcunit

When I started playing Splatoon 3, the game offered me the chance for 3 gold tickets if I uploaded my Splatoon 2 save data, and my level would carry over, so I'd be playing closer matched players straight away.

I accepted the deal, took the gold tickets, and I seem to be playing decent players all the time, BUT my level hasn't updated i.e I still started at Level 1.

Is this because I started playing during the middle of a Splatfest?

Fizza

I ALWAYS KNEW I HAD CHOSEN THE SUPERIOR CHOC
Untitled
Untitled
Being real for a sec though....I genuinely can't believe we won (and in such a landslide too!). Everything seemed to point towards White being the least popular by FAR leading up to the Fest and, I'm gonna be honest, my performance on the first day pretty much confirmed to me that I wouldn't be winning this time round so this was a gigantic surprise to say the least. Very glad to have another Splatfest win under my belt (it always seems to be with Big Man huh) and hopefully we'll get the trailer for next season later on to really kick things into overdrive (new Tri-Slosher kit I BEG)!

Also #BIGMANSWEEP
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Maxz

Splatoon once again proving that having a sweet tooth apparently confers a competitive advantage, completely confounding my expectations.

I felt I’d got reasonably good at predicting the winning team in Splatoon 2, based on which option seemed most likely to appeal to children and which to grizzled 1337 pr0 g3m3rzZz. My hunch wasn’t always perfect, but I’d say I had a decent hit rate.

That’s been turned on it’s head by the last two Splatfests, where the teams I thought would come last (‘Sweet’ and ‘White Chocolate’ — arguably the most ‘accessible’ flavours) have ended up victorious — by an enormous margin in the most recent case.

I am humiliated and would like to formerly apologise to lovers of sugary treats everywhere. I hereby acknowledge your sweet, sweet moves on the battlefield and superior tactical mousse nous. You saccharine soldiers are clearly not to be trifled with — pudding me to shame, one game at a time. Consider this my humble pie.

I chose the ‘sour’ and ‘bitter’ options at the lasts two Splatfests, fancying myself a suave and sophisticated member of the dominant elite. I was sour and bitter for sure, but anything but dominant.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Dogorilla

@gcunit It doesn't carry over your level, you still start at level 1. As you can't see other people's levels in this game it's difficult to tell how it affects who you play against, but as you say you've been matched with decent players it must make some difference.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

jump

Maxz wrote:

I am humiliated and would like to formerly apologise to lovers of sugary treats everywhere. I hereby acknowledge your sweet, sweet moves on the battlefield and superior tactical mousse nous. You saccharine soldiers are clearly not to be trifled with — pudding me to shame, one game at a time. Consider this my humble pie.

lol

This is the perfect example of why there should be an upvote system to the site. I can't think of a witty sweet pun reply but I don't want the comment to go unappreciated either.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

StarPoint

So are we expecting the Season 3 trailer today? Seems like it would make sense for them to announce it after the Splatfest. I'm trying to find out what time they announced it on that Monday but I've been unable to find anything.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

ChaoticMagolor

Well.. that didn’t go the way I expected.

GGs all around.

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

Snatcher

Wile I missed the splatfest, I’m so surprised that we won, region difference maybe? But I’m really surprised, GG all.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic