Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 5,035

WoomyNNYes

Do bombs thrown at Slammin Lid fields take out Stingers? I regret not trying, although, the fence on the left probably would have blocked my bomb throw.

(I saved this clip, because it's the first time I've taken out a Flyfish with this method at 0:27. Afterwards realized the Stinger was right there, too.)

@BenAV @Budda or anyone else

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Budda

I hope we're getting the new season trailer this Sunday or early next week. The first season update trailer was released at that time. (About 2 weeks before its release)
Fingers crossed for a new Boss Salmonid. 🤞
I'm eager to see the new Salmon Run map. Rumors say that it should be a completely new one.

@WoomyNNYes
Maybe? I haven't tried or noticed it, but it should. Probably not completely though. It's like throwing a bomb regularly next to it.

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

jump

I’m starting to really feel the lack of maps I’m this game compared to the last ones. Was it Splatoon 2 that had one off special maps for Splatfests or did I make that up in my head.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Budda

@jump
You mean Shifty Station maps.

Budda

Great! >_< I had really bad luck of getting four x10 matches every 2 games and get thrown in to a team of just Aerosprays and Rollers against just middle to long range weapons in the enemy team. ... lost all of them. I won the first x10 prior to the four in a row(that doesn't help at all).

Grumblevolcano

What I'd love to see is if each plaza comes with the songs from that game, so like if you use Inkopolis via the DLC you get Splatoon 1 music in multiplayer matches.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

I had a 6 win streak default turf war. JUST missed a seventh win. I don't think I've ever had a six win streak before.

Oh, yeah, there's no shifty stations for splatfest, as jump pointed out. Although, being that this is my second Splatoon game, and I've played A LOT of Splatoon, I don't know if shifty stations can solve my getting tired of turf war.

I wonder if Nintendo reallocated shifty station resources to make the tricolor stages & Big Run?🤔

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Budda

Is it possible that they increased the chances of multiplying matches (x10 in particular)? From the 3 hours I played in total, I had eight x10 matches and one x100. I had maybe two x10 each Splatfest and no x100 in the past. Today, there were crazy many multipying matches. Like almost one after another. 😐

Edited on by Budda

Fizza

Finally got time to participate in the Splatfest after being at work for most of the day. I played 27 matches so far and won....4 of them (one of the losses being literally because of the last 5 seconds of the match which was fffffffffffffffffffffffffffun). I'm going to go back at it again now but I am struggling to say the least.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Servers seem rough, I've had a load of matches where there'd be a lot of lag followed by 2+ players disconnect. My most recent match even ended in a 1v1v0.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

Managed to bounce back slightly from my long list of losses earlier on by getting on a winning streak with Goo Tuber of all weapons. Hoping to try and get/win a 10/100x tomorrow in addition to chipping in to the Tricolour points tally (my Blaster is about to clean UP).

@Grumblevolcano Had a couple of matches like that myself though none of them resulted in a DC error message, it just carried on like normal. Got one during a losing streak when 1 of our team DC'd and 2 of theirs did the same. I think the game was taking pity on me honestly.

Edited on by Fizza

MarioVillager92

Guess who got a 100x win for the very first time?!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

After losing a lot during tonight's session, that win made me feel real good.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

BenAV

The lag from my crappy Internet is really killing me today. Still mostly been winning but haven't been having much fun. Can't wait to just get to Ruler so I can get the heck outta here.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I think Milk will win popularity, most of my Tricolor matches have been Milk vs. Milk vs. Milk.

Grumblevolcano

gcunit

Is there any way to check your connection strength in-game before entering a battle? If not, there really ****ing should be.

Got Splatoon 3 this weekend. Played in the Splatfest last night, no significant problems, played 22 games. But tried playing this morning in another room of my house where WiFi is iffier, and I keep getting booted from matches for connection issues, but my connection seems fine until I'm in the match. Why the **** doesn't it show you what your ping rates are or whatever the appropriate measure would be so that I can diagnose my connection issue and stop entering matches to get booted straight back out?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Fizza

I'm convinced 10x battles are a myth. I've played over 90 regular matches between the last two Splatfests and only gotten a single one. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG.
Untitled

BenAV

@Fizza I didn't get many last Splatfest but in the few hours I played earlier in Pro I got like four 10x and one 100x.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Budda

Wow. This Tri-Colour map is a lot of fun. Probably the best map we had. It's very balanced for both teams. The defending team can't get overwhelmed easily like on other maps, but it's not too hard to attack either.
The half-time results were surprising. No team had that of a lead in the past, if I remember correctly. Go team White Chocolate!

Croctopus

Milk Chocolate will get the most votes but I have a bad feeling White Chocolate will win handily. I've lost some matches to Dark but many to White. I think I'm just going to bother with Tricolor for now on. I don't mean to be salty and I know I can't judge how everything is going based on personal experience but I get pretty pessimistic playing Splatfest, to the point that it's just not as fun as it should be. Oddly, I find myself playing better when I think I'm always behind.

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic