Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 5,048

Fizza

@StarPoint Never forget what they took from you.
Untitled
Untitled
The kits in Splatoon 3 feel very half and half for me as well honestly: you have absolute godsends like Mini Splatling, Sloshing Machine and Splat Roller that both synergise with the main weapon and make playing them an absolute blast....and then you ones like Undercover Brella, Dynamo Roller and H-3 Nozzlenose where you just have to ask....why?

Seems like the new weapons kits this time round are keeping up that tradition as well: for every Tentatek Splattershot and Carbon Roller Deco, there's a Slosher Deco and Inkbrush Nouveau creeping up alongside it.....sigh.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StarPoint

Fizza wrote:

@StarPoint Never forget what they took from you.

Mannn the Trislosher kit was insane in 2. It was awesome. Overpowered? Maybe. But awesome

For me, I pretty much only play Trislosher and Dualie Squelchers, and both of the kits in 3 have been fine for me. But there are quite a few out there that just make me question what approach they were aiming for?

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Grumblevolcano

Damn, I spent so much time on the S rank up battle (A+ -> S) and the start of the new season ranked me back down to A+.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GreenTea

@Fizza I will NOT take this undercover brella slander! Seriously , the ink mines complement it so well as they can make splatting your opponent much faster, assist allies, and the brella itself consumes very little ink, so you can throw one out in the middle of battle safely. The reefslider is also a great last minute emergency tool, and the splash damage allows for a 1-hit kill. It's so much fun. (Seriously, it's an incredible feeling losing to an opponent only for your ink mine to finish them off post-splat, my favourite sub-weapon!)

Funnily enough, I've always mained brellas but pretty much ruled out the undercover brella completely after trying it in Splatoon 2, but in 3, it's the only weapon I've managed to get 4 stars on yet, and it's my go-to for rank battles with the Tenta Brella (also a great set).

Though seriously, the splat brella has such an underwhelming set in comparison, why is it so dull? At least in 2 you could use the ink rain to weaken your enemies but in 3 the triple inkstrike doesn't really complement it (same with the sprinkler).

Anyway, I originally wanted to defend my cherished undercover brella but this is turning into a full-on review from your local brella user😅.
Hope they give us the sponsored brellas soon!

Edit: Or some NEW ones I'm starving dammit!

Edited on by GreenTea

I can't believe comphet killed Bayo

Switch Friend Code: SW-1492-1491-3432

BenAV

@Grumblevolcano Rank up battles can be real annoying sometimes. That's the main reason why I took the time to get past S+10 last season to make sure I only ever rank down to S+0 and I can play X battles without going through Anarchy first each time.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

StarPoint

What's everyone's opinion on Brinewater Springs? I know it's getting memed on for being another Tetris-shaped map with no flank routes, but I still really like the design of it overall. The large drop-off slightly off of mid was very unexpected and I think could lead to some very fun strategies or charger positions.

And besides, along with this map, we got Flounder Heights back, which is one of the least linear maps in the game right now. So I think it's a good balance overall. I wouldn't be opposed to Brinewater Springs getting an alternate route in the future, though.

Edited on by StarPoint

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Budda

@StarPoint
Is it just me or does the lighting change now and then on the Springs map? I'm quite sure it was one time pretty dark and then suddenly bright.. 🤔

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

StarPoint

@Budda Huh, I guess I haven’t played it enough times to notice a difference yet

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

inenai

@Budda This reminded me of "The dress"

Zelda and Sonic forever, just not in a shippy way.

Grumblevolcano

@StarPoint Can't say much about Brinewater Springs as I only got to play it once (in the rotation the launch maps kept being selected when paired with it), Flounder Heights returning however has been fantastic. I feel it would've been best if for the first day of rotation for update maps, they're the only ones playable kind of like how in FPS games in the past you'd have a DLC only maps playlist.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StarPoint

@Grumblevolcano

I feel it would've been best if for the first day of rotation for update maps, they're the only ones playable kind of like how in FPS games in the past you'd have a DLC only maps playlist.

That would be nice, but at least they're keeping the maps in rotation all day, but with another original map anyway. I guess I don't mind the variety but it would be nice to get more practice with them initially.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

chapuH

@StarPoint Only played it once, but it was totally nuts. The small and linear size meant that the flow of the game swung back and forth constantly, and I had no time to breathe. Great fun.
(the 284773 torpedoes being thrown helped)

Hope you're having a good day.

Snatcher

@StarPoint I gotta be honest, ai think it’s sucks, if your team gets pushed there the chances of getting out is insanely slim, because it has a vary easily counters flank spot, that if I sniper is to be I. The area to bad, anyone plus it’s just to much space to cover after the fact, so you will never get enough done to remotely save your teammates before the other team realizes, that on top of all the booya bombs going around makes the map unbearable, and it’s not like splatoon balanced teams depending on the weapon, so yeah if you happen to get a lot of rollers or low range weapons, your probably gonna lose.

Can’t say nothing about the new map, haven’t played it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Budda

@StarPoint
I constantly got the map for an hour. Maybe 1 or 2 times the other map, but it felt like I only played that map.
Maybe it's the ink color that darkens or brightens the map. I notice that in Salmon Run as well and thought it was just a Salmon Run thing.

Fizza

Finally found the time to play a bit of the update. First match ever in the Chill Season was against a Tetra and 3 Aerospray RG's.
Untitled
So many Sprinklers....so many Booyah Bombs....

I've had a great time so far though. Here are my current thoughts after about half an hour of play:

• Only purchased one new weapon as of yet being the Custom Splattershot Jr. My most hyped weapon before the update and can confirm: it's really stinkin' fun. Honestly might become one of my most played weapons once I properly get the hang of it, this kit rules.
  • The new weapons are....weird. Snipewriter is one of the most unique Chargers we've ever gotten and, while I'll probably never play it due to a distaste for the class, I think it's brilliant. Big Swig is getting memed on currently as pretty bad but I've got a soft spot for it myself (you have to remember this thing's goal is to paint and get frequent specials similar to an Aerospray and in that regard, it's pretty damn cool. Oh and don't forget: the horizontal flick may only be 70, but the vertical is still 120 so jump often!). And then Splattershot Nova....I'm sorry to everyone who likes it but I just don't see the point of it. This thing's whole 'gimmick' is that it doesn't have accuracy fall off, but when the base accuracy is so bad then what's the point? And after that....it's just a worse Splattershot Pro (COMPLETE WITH F******* POINT SENSOR WHYYYYYYYYYYY). Yeah....I ain't spending my money on this.
  • Played one match on both of the new maps and my thoughts are pretty much the same as the general public: Brinewater is one of the most beautiful maps aesthetically and pretty average competitively and Flounder is wonderfully diverse in the routes you can take. Pretty big fan of both though I do definitely prefer Flounder.

Overall, I can't wait to play more (especially when you-know-what rolls around)!

Edited on by Fizza

Budda

@Fizza
The Snipewriter is probably the most fun weapon I played. I am horrible bad with Snipers. But this one eased me in to sniping and got pretty good with it... Maybe... someday... I am able to play a regular sniper, with some more practice with the Snipewriter.

Snatcher

@Fizza I’m just glad my favorite weapon the Luna launcher got a new kit, I loved it but I couldn’t stand what it came with.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Fizza

@Snatcher Exact same here with CSJ: the vanilla kit's alright, but I quickly soured on it after having to use it for the first 4 levels in order to unlock the rest of the weapons and shops (plus Big Bubbler isn't amazing on it either). So to get one with not only the Kensa's Torpedo, but also one of my favourite specials in the game in Wave Breaker (a special mind you, that has turned Heavy Splatling into a personal favourite of mine)? I am so damn happy right now

Snatcher

@Fizza The weapon variants seem to be much better then the actual new weapons to the game, because tbh I’m more happy and enjoying those waaay more!

Fizza

@KAIRU Yeah! Just saw your avatar in the lobby and thought I'd drop in! Unfortunate that the match we were in ended prematurely though (the minute I saw the Booyah Bomb without the glow effect, I had a hunch) but I'd love to do it again! I have currently fallen in love with Big Swig (I don't care if it sucks, this weapon is mad fun) so I'll probably be playing a lot of that over the coming days.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic