Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 5,048

BenAV

Been having a pretty fun time with X battles. It fixes my biggest complaint about Anarchy mode as you can't choose to stick with the same team, plus the fact that everyone playing is at least S+ rank means the teams should be better balanced in general. I also like that due to the regional settings I'm mostly playing in lobbies full of Japanese players. In Anarchy I often get placed on teams with all English names vs teams with all Japanese names and it usually doesn't end well.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

Grizzco Splatana

It's Salmon Run mystery weapon/Grizzco weapon time in Salmon run until Dec 3, 7pm ET.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm looking forward to playing for the new space-helmet-looking gear.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Grumblevolcano

Seems I'm done with Splatoon 3 until Big Run occurs. The new stages are extremely rare appearing in matchmaking now, promoting to S rank isn't going well and Salmon Run's got to the point where it's so difficult that it's not enjoyable.

I hope Big Run doesn't take into account current Salmon Run rank.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

Does anyone think Ink Recovery is weaker in Splatoon 3?

In splatoon 2 I got by with just two chunks of ink recovery up, but ever since splatoon 3's launch, ink recovery seems slow, even if I have an ink recovery main ability plus 1-2 chunks. If this is weapon specific, I'm talking about splattershot pro, splattershot, dualies with the splatbomb, I forget what that duallie gun is called called.

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@WoomyNNYes Not sure how it compares with Splatoon 2 but I run three subs of Ink Recovery Up on my outfit and when I lose it for the Splatfest tee, I end up running out of ink constantly so it makes a pretty noticeable difference.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

There's a bug with rollers and brushes:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

BenAV wrote:

@WoomyNNYes Not sure how it compares with Splatoon 2 but I run three subs of Ink Recovery Up on my outfit and when I lose it for the Splatfest tee, I end up running out of ink constantly so it makes a pretty noticeable difference.

Yeah, you seem to confirm my feeling. In splatoon 2, two chunks of Ink Recovery Up was adequate, but in Splatoon 3, I'm running out of ink more often, and when I watch the ink meter recover, it looks slower. Since Splatoon 3, I'm usually using three chunks, now, or one main of Ink Recovery Up.

I'd like to see someone do a side by side comparison of Ink Recovery Up in Splatoon 2 vs 3.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

chapuH

It seems that in my excitement for a new stage, I forgot just how brutally hard any sort of event or wave is on Marooner's Bay. A failure rate of 2 out of 3 shifts so far for me (usually 1 in 5), with the sole clear only being cleared within 3 seconds of the end.

Hope you're having a good day.

BenAV

@chapuH I played for a little while earlier and think it went relatively well for the most part (2.2 average waves cleared). Give me this over Spawning Grounds any day.

BenAV

Namco

I have a theory as to why stormtroopers always miss their target: They are using the Splattershot Nova -_-

Like... It's accuracy is so bad. I was firing at an opponent directly for 10 seconds and they lived (and I died)

Also a giant hammer flew right through me just now doing absolute nothing... I was hoping they would fix that.

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Croctopus

It wasn't a good idea to bring back Marooner's Bay with all random weapons. Yes, it's an old stage, but the new Boss Salmonids provide a new twist and there's still new people who haven't played the second Splatoon. I'm also disappointed with the Grizzco Splatana. Too clunky and slow when I was hoping it would be the opposite. I still like Marooner's Bay more than Spawning Grounds, though.

I actually like the Splattershot Nova. I thought its Point Sensors might not have been right but evidently my teammates have been capable enough to make them worth it.

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

chapuH

@BenAV I feel that Spawning Grounds gets too much of a bad rep. Yes, high tide, glowflies and grillers are utterly intolerable (not to mention the lack of suitability to an xtra wave) but a standard wave is okay. Marooner's bay is just too big and uneven to transport enough eggs, even with the throw option.
I thus lost 4 shifts in a row today, before finally snapping and demoting myself (I then finally not only won but got my first cohozuna kill - yaaay).

Hope you're having a good day.

Budda

@Dev9417
The Grizzco Splatana is probably the next best weapon to get rid of all regular Salmonids. The best one is the Dynamo Roller since you are somewhat protected by it.
With the Grizzco Splatana it really depends on how crowded it's around a boss when using the charged shot to kill it or to just use the fast swipe. (You can 1 hit evey boss without them showing their weak spot, with the charged shot.)

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Fizza

Finally got around to the all-random Salmon Run rotation today and....boy it was rough. I love Marooner's Bay as a map, but I don't think it was necessarily built with this kind of weapon rotation in mind, especially with the Grizzco Splatana being the weapon of choice. I actually quite like it myself, especially when you're absolutely shredding your way through Steelheads and Drizzlers for instance, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it was easy-to-use (particularly when you're getting goddamn swarmed). My general weapon luck wasn't exactly great either: I managed to get both E-Liter, Rapid Blaster and (one of my least favourite weapons in the entire game) H-3 Nozzlenose. That last one was especially annoying since I got it THREE MATCHES IN A ROW. Lord save me....

Wasn't all bad though: when it worked, G Splatana was awesome, I got a bunch of my favourite weapons such as Big Swig, Splattershot and my beloved L-3 Nozzlenose (I don't know why L-3 and H-3 are so far apart in terms of how much I enjoy them but it is what it is) and, once again, Marooner's Bay is one of my all-time favourite SR maps so being able to play on it again made me incredibly happy. It took me about 15 attempts to reach Cohozuna which I came very close to beating but overall, I enjoyed my time this run around (and it's certainly got me in the mood for Big Run come next week).

Oh and I managed to get a Swim Speed Up max ability slot Astro Helm on the very first attempt. I am sorry in advance to @WoomyNNYes

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

Fizza wrote:

Oh and I managed to get a Swim Speed Up max ability slot Astro Helm on the very first attempt. I am sorry in advance to @WoomyNNYes

Hahah. Yup, I'm struggling to get Astro Helm with Ink Saver Sub ability.🤣 I think I have earned 7-10 astro helms, and still no Ink Saver Sub. I'll be more patient this month.

Yeah, there were plenty of terrible weapon loadouts. I was actually surprised how much easier Marooner's Bay is with the egg throwing ability now. Although, I got that low tide Tornado event, when you have to bust open the big crate of golden eggs on the beach and work together to take the eggs to the basket up on the ship. I guess the optimal path is to throw the eggs up onto the shop from the area at the base of the right elevator. (Right elevator = when viewing the ship from the beach at low tide)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Budda

Is it just me or is the glowfly wave a lot easier on Marooner's Bay? They seem to split up and don't overwhelm you instantly. And there are very long breaks to collect the eggs.
Or did they adjust the difficulty with the new update? The patch notes didn't say anything about that though.
Overall I noticed that low tide is easy on that map. If I lose a wave on other maps, it's 90% of the time low tide, because people don't know how to manage bosses for fast egg collecting. But on this map it's very small. It manages itself. On the other hand normal tides are the low tides there... It's reversed.

@WoomyNNYes
My team always threw it to the top front of the ship. I couldn't do it, don't know what I did wrong, and used the right elevator instead. 😂

Edited on by Budda

Croctopus

@Budda Glowflies have always been easier on Marooner's Bay. Same with Grillers, at least for me. I also like how the map lends itself well to egg throwing. It felt nice to just throw them directly onto the ship instead of just relying on elevators. On low tide, it's always been handy to retreat back to the top of the ship when things get too crowded down there. As long as the quota's been met of course!

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Budda

@Dev9417
I haven't had Glowflies on Bay in Splat2 for a looong time, so I couldn't remember. And I have the tendency to forget most gameplay of the previous game when playing a sequel. 😅

WoomyNNYes

Budda wrote:

@WoomyNNYes
My team always threw it to the top front of the ship. I couldn't do it, don't know what I did wrong, and used the right elevator instead. 😂

Really? That's a higher throw, and I couldn't quite make it. I was using the jump & throw method to throw them higher, but my eggs hit the edge and fell back down to me.

It's a shame we can't do recon for Salmon Run stages. I'd go back and practice throwing eggs onto the ship from low tide on Marooners Bay. ALTHOUGH, I just remembered, we can save jobs. I just saved some jobs; The tough part there is, when you scroll through your jobs play history, you can't tell which jobs had Low Tide waves. And I don't think you can tell if it was a Tornado wave? (when they drop the crate of gold eggs on the beach. HOWEVER, after you saved a job, you can open them in the Saved Jobs menu, and see what the tide level was. I don't know if it will identify the Tornado events, though. I played 20-30+ jobs at Marooners Bay. This is going to be a real pain in the butt to search these jobs. I bet there's a limit to the number of jobs you can save.

If anyone does save a SR job with a low tide Tornado event at Marooners Bay, please share the job code!!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic