Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 4,886

jump

@Grumblevolcano Europeans suck at Halloween. It’s madness to dress up as toilet paper or breakfast as a Halloween costume!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WoomyNNYes

BenAV wrote:

I don't recall seeing any of the catalog items in the store until after I had already unlocked them in the catalog.....

@BenAV My experience has been the same. But I don't know if XP level also unlocks store gear. I'm rather surprised with how narrow my in-game store offerings are. Even when the daily stock changes, it's frequent that half of what's in stock was the same as it was the previous day.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes XP does affect the stock, if you remember when you first booted up the game all the items were single stars and it's only later you see three star items stocked as you level goes up.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

You know I was literally about to say only a few days ago how much I wanted a Pokemon Splatfest. Do you think I could pass off as a Psychic-type?

It also doesn't look like there will be an in-between Splatfest based off the wording of this tweet.

A shame but hey what can you do. Now to deliberate over the most important decision of my life: Fire or Water? (sorry Grass)

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Looking back, Europe didn't get a Halloween themed Splatfest in 2017. While NA got Vampire vs. Werewolf, Europe got the toilet roll and breakfast Splatfests.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/north_america_gets_...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/nintendo_aims_to_fl...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/the_next_european_s...

I didn't even participate yet I still feel scammed all the same.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Budda What he heck! I can’t even get my hands on them, they won’t let me buy them from people, that’s so odd.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Deltarogue

@Budda Out of curiosity, did you get the retro framers before you saw them in the store? Because I spotted them in my store after obtaining them from the catalog, therefore I believe that they start showing up in the store so that way you can use your money to up their star power rather than use a sea snail.

Deltarogue

OctoAmbush

Fingers crossed for Big Run this Halloween.

OctoAmbush

WoomyNNYes

@OctoAmbush Is "Big Run" salmon run on the Turf War stages? I'm struggling to find this idea interesting. Although, Nintendo hasn't shown us anything for it, either.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

StarPoint

@WoomyNNYes Yep, it’s exactly that. I think it might be interesting to see how Big Run could play out on a standard map. In the Direct, they showed some brief footage of it on Wahoo World and I thought it looked kinda cool. Remains to be seen I guess.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Grumblevolcano

@StarPoint Oh wow, I forgot about that in the Direct and it does say it's happening every few months. So yeah, it seems that we'll get Splatfests on odd numbered months (September, November, January, March, May, July) and Big Run on even numbered months (October, December, February, April, June, August).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StarPoint

@Grumblevolcano I would certainly be good with that pattern. Give Salmon Run some time in the spotlight too!

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)

Fizza

@StarPoint @Grumblevolcano @WoomyNNYes When it comes to Big Run, I'm curious (or rather hoping) as to whether or not they'll be specific rewards tied to it. Because if it's just Salmon Run on regular stages with nothing else special about it? I mean it'll still be cool but not something I'd want to replace monthly Splatfests.

StarPoint

@Fizza I think it would at least be nice if you maybe got some extra fish scales, but then again I agree it would be cool if we got a new form of currency or reward.

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)

StarPoint

I finally reached Eggsecutive VP and it's a lot of fun, but the framerate is absolutely CHUGGING. I'm pretty sure it's dropped down to about 20 fps at some points. Hopefully the performance will improve over some updates.

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)

Fizza

I'm fully aware the game's only been out for (quite literally) a month but I've been obsessed about with what this 'large scale paid DLC' could entail (buckle up 'cause this is going to be a LONG one).

All we know at the moment is that Pearl and Marina will be returning which, while small, does give us a bit of info to work with. My guess is that it'll be related to the events of Octo Expansion and the aftermath of taking down Kamabo Co. (we do see the remains of the NILS statue in the back of Hammerhead Bridge for instance so there's definitely a lasting impact left by it already), with one of the big things about it being the return of the other agents: Agent 4 & 8.
Untitled
Untitled
Obvious? Potentially. But I really want to see what they do for their characters since OE itself (the last paid DLC) turned Agent 3 from stock protagonist to one of the most badass Nintendo characters ever made and I think seeing how these two have changed in the years since could be really cool.

But that leads on to my next question then really: who's going to be the villain? I'm aware they could just pull an OE and have it be someone entirely new like how Tartar was, but I personally think they're going to link it further with the events of that storyline and have a character that has never actually been 'seen' before but has a very big presence within the Splatoon world: dedf1sh.
Untitled
If you're not aware who this is (which I don't really blame you for), they are the in-universe musician for Octo Expansion's music in a similar vein to Squid Squad, Chirpy Chips, etc. Where dedf1ish deviates however is in their backstory: they were an Octoling musician who made great music but were plagued with self-doubt at every turn. As you can probably tell by the picture, they were then put through the sanitisation process (what Tartar did to every single enemy you see in OE in order to mind control them) to remove every shred of doubt (and by extension emotion) from their mind. This could lead to the storyline of 3's DLC being about saving the few remaining Octarians who fell victim to the sanitisation process, with dedf1sh (the one with the most free thought that we know of) leading them in order to try and fulfil Tartar's mission of taking over Inkopolis.

I suppose there is one question that I need to answer though: why on Earth would they introduce a character to 3 who's only been used as in-universe explanation for the game's music? Like seriously: there's no way in hell they'd actually put the time and resources into creating an in-game model just for a character who's only been shown through artwo-
Untitled
I think it's fair to say Harmony's inclusion gives a fair bit more credence to my idea (at least to me).

In short: happy Octopus Day everyone.

GX_64

@WoomyNNYes The concert will be starting at 7pm in Queensland. The Splatoon part of the concert only starts after half an hour, so it would actually be at 7:30 pm. Where I live it is at 8:30 pm because of daylight savings.
According to what I have read from people who have already been able to go, the concert was very good. I also read a Famitsu article with some more information about it, but it has pretty big spoilers in it, so I would recommend not reading it. They seemed to be pretty impressed by the concert

GX_64

Snatcher

Fizza wrote:

I'm fully aware the game's only been out for (quite literally) a month but I've been obsessed about with what this 'large scale paid DLC' could entail (buckle up 'cause this is going to be a LONG one).
All we know at the moment is that Pearl and Marina will be returning which, while small, does give us a bit of info to work with. My guess is that it'll be related to the events of Octo Expansion and the aftermath of taking down Kamabo Co. (we do see the remains of the NILS statue in the back of Hammerhead Bridge for instance so there's definitely a lasting impact left by it already), with one of the big things about it being the return of the other agents: Agent 4 & 8.
Untitled
Untitled
Obvious? Potentially. But I really want to see what they do for their characters since OE itself (the last paid DLC) turned Agent 3 from stock protagonist to one of the most badass Nintendo characters ever made and I think seeing how these two have changed in the years since could be really cool.

But that leads on to my next question then really: who's going to be the villain? I'm aware they could just pull an OE and have it be someone entirely new like how Tartar was, but I personally think they're going to link it further with the events of that storyline and have a character that has never actually been 'seen' before but has a very big presence within the Splatoon world: dedf1sh.
Untitled
If you're not aware who this is (which I don't really blame you for), they are the in-universe musician for Octo Expansion's music in a similar vein to Squid Squad, Chirpy Chips, etc. Where dedf1ish deviates however is in their backstory: they were an Octoling musician who made great music but were plagued with self-doubt at every turn. As you can probably tell by the picture, they were then put through the sanitisation process (what Tartar did to every single enemy you see in OE in order to mind control them) to remove every shred of doubt (and by extension emotion) from their mind. This could lead to the storyline of 3's DLC being about saving the few remaining Octarians who fell victim to the sanitisation process, with dedf1sh (the one with the most free thought that we know of) leading them in order to try and fulfil Tartar's mission of taking over Inkopolis.

I suppose there is one question that I need to answer though: why on Earth would they introduce a character to 3 who's only been used as in-universe explanation for the game's music? Like seriously: there's no way in hell they'd actually put the time and resources into creating an in-game model just for a character who's only been shown through artwo-
Untitled
I think it's fair to say Harmony's inclusion gives a fair bit more credence to my idea (at least to me).

In short: happy Octopus Day everyone.

A lot of this could actually be legit, nice observation! Do you think we will another playable character?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Octane

@Snatcher As in, next to Octolings and Inklings? No. But there could be a DLC specific character, that's very likely.

Octane

Fizza

That Deep Cut concert was so good you guys oh my god.
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic