Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 5,037

Budda

Fizza wrote:

Snatcher wrote:

The pixel glasses are a catalog reward.

I wasn't aware the catalogue gave you exclusive gear, I always just assumed it was gear you could normally get but you got for free by levelling up the catalogue. That's a pretty good incentive to keep at it honestly.

Also, I remembered something that has always confused me in regards to the NSO app: why doesn't Splatnet 3 allow you to view how many ability chunks you have at any one time? Something like that would be great to have at all times even whilst you're not playing the game and, if the app can keep track of something as seemingly impossible as the total amount of turf you've inked? I feel like its not unreasonable to want something like that in there as well.

The gear in the catalogue are not exclusive. You can buy all of them in the shops. The shop offered the Pixel Glasses many times for me already.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Grumblevolcano

No Splatoween this time, the next Splatfest is in November with a Pokemon theme (grass vs. fire vs. water):

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StarPoint

ahh, finally we are getting some game crossovers.

Honestly, I don't mind the lack of Splatoween. I would rather take some crossovers and more creative ideas which this seems to be. (I also don't care about Pokemon but I'll take what I can get )

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

jump

No Halloween splatfest? Boo!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Budda

Maybe there's a "regular" Splatfest in between? 7 weeks apart from the last Splatfest is weirdly late. Almost 2 month.

Edited on by Budda

Snatcher

I will take a crossover any day, let’s go!

@Budda Are you sure it was the retro framers?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Budda

@Snatcher
100%. They even had the same abilities and star power.

NintendoByNature

Dang, there's no splatfest I love more than a Halloween themed one. Hope we still get one this October.

NintendoByNature

Budda

There has to be another Splatfest in between. I checked the dates for Splatoon 2 again. There was a Splatfest every month. Every 4 weeks on average. As I remembered.
I can't imagine they'd skip Halloween and an entire month. Maybe shortly after the first major patch?

StarPoint

Yeah, I do find it a little strange that there is such a big gap between Splatfests. I suppose that an October one is still a possibility, but why wouldn't they have announced that one first then?

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Croctopus

Really disappointing that there's no Splatoween, or even the possibility that Splatfests may not be monthly in this game. I loved the Halloween Splatfests in 2 when Inkopolis Square was all decorated and I won all three times with Vampire and Treat twice. We really need more opportunities to earn snails.

This just makes me think that Big Run could be on the weekend before Halloween after all.

@StarPoint I remember when in 2 Nintendo announced the Frosty Fest but then the Super Smash Bros. Splatfest was announced and took place first the month before.

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

jump

@StarPoint because the crossover is really marketing for the new Pokemon game coming out in November and that’s more important than the splatfest.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

StarPoint

@Dev9417 Ohh okay, I wasn't around for Splatfests at that time so that clears things up. Thanks

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

WoomyNNYes

@Budda Regarding the pixel glasses, if they aren't exclusive to catalog rewards, then what unlocks them? Level number, maybe? I'm level 20 (rank that unlocks weapons), have over 100 hours in the game, and pixel glasses have never been available yet. And when I saw them on someone in the square, the game would not let me order them, like they were amiibo exclusive. Do you know why the game wouldn't let me order them?

Side note on my progress: I beat story mode & secret kettle. And perhaps 75% or more of my online play has been Salmon Run. I've only played Turf War maybe 10-25% of the time.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes How long have you been level 20 for? 20 is when you become a shop VIP and it could just be you have not been VIP long enough to spot them due to bad luck.

Nicolai wrote:

Budda

@jump @WoomyNNYes
There's a VIP status? That may explain why you can't order them from other players.

WoomyNNYes

@jump I think I reached level 20 a week ago, possibly longer? There hasn't been enough weapon kits or new levels to keep me interested in turf war. Plus, I'm waiting for a new update for to help balance the matching system. So, I've only been playing salmon run daily. I've been watching the in-game store and splatnet every day. No pixel glasses. Yeah, maybe this is all tied to XP level number. I just can't believe the game wouldn't let me order them when I saw them in the square.
EDIT: Or VIP store status is tied to how many things you buy in the stores? Since we can't sell or delete gear, I've only bought gear when something is good, and I like very little of whats in the stores so far. With my amiibo gear, I've already got a decent set of gear with the abilites I want.

(I don't actually want pixel glasses, but Fizza or Snatcher asking about them has made me wonder why I haven't had access to to them either).

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@Budda VIP is too strong of a word to be honest, it just what the shop keeps called it when you go in there for the first time at level 20. I almost missed it as I kept pressing skip to the dialogue balloons.

Nicolai wrote:

BenAV

I don't recall seeing any of the catalog items in the store until after I had already unlocked them in the catalog but that could just be pure coincidence as I finished the catalog pretty early so it's not a large sample size.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Looking back, Europe didn't get a Halloween themed Splatfest in 2017. While NA got Vampire vs. Werewolf, Europe got the toilet roll and breakfast Splatfests.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/north_america_gets_...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/nintendo_aims_to_fl...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/the_next_european_s...

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic