Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 101 to 120 of 5,037

StarPoint

I have heard some people address their concerns with this game not looking drastically different from Splatoon 2. I totally understand why people would have an issue with this, but I personally think this is a good thing. I really wouldn't want them to change up much from 2.

The core gameplay is already extremely strong from 2, so if anything, I would just like this game to refine what made 2 good. We have already seen some pretty game-changing features too, like choosing where you can spawn (hopefully eliminating spawn-killing) and throwing eggs in Salmon Run (potentially leading to some good teamwork strategies while not being broken since it consumes some ink).

We're also getting a lot of new stuff. New weapons, new maps, new specials, new gear, etc. while presumably keeping most of the stuff from 2. I think this is a great thing for making sequels for a series like Splatoon. I don't really think they can drastically change what the game is, and I don't really want them to. So if you can't change up the core game, just add new stuff. Add QoL features, add new maps and modes, add new weapons and gear. These things sound simple but I think it's a great thing for a sequel of Splatoon to do.

EDIT: Also I wanted to mention that they haven't shown off too much of this game yet. They probably still have lots of stuff in store for us.

Edited on by StarPoint

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Ninfan

I thought they said it was going to be released in 2023 ?

Ninfan

SnackPop

If we have to rescue the Elder Zapfish from Octavio one more time then I'm done. Shouldn't need paid DLC to give us an original story in the Splatoon universe.

Retro gaming is too damn expensive.

jump

The story is about the return of Mammalians and also it's an online shooter, I don't even think it needs a story to be honest.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SnackPop

@WoomyNNYes Yes. "Save the princess!" got boring very quick. I know story isn't a priority in most Nintendo games, but it wouldn't hurt to have some variety in storytelling to shake things up every now and then.

Retro gaming is too damn expensive.

Fizza

@jump I really hope the final boss is just a really highly detailed human. That would be both terrifying and hilarious.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StarPoint

@Fizza That would be so cool and I would completely expect it from Splatoon.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

jump

@Fizza Hmm...where do you reckon the human's weak point could be? ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

@jump THE D-

Edited on by Fizza

WoomyNNYes

In the final Splatfest, Chaos vs Order, in which the winning team determined the direction of Splatoon 3, I really wanted Order to win. I loved the chrome robot theme gear that Order had, aka Eye of Justice(helmet).
Untitled

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes I really hope Pearl/Marina make a return in 3. The entire Final Fest was kind of themed around them and it would suck to not see them return in some form after it.

WoomyNNYes

So, is Nintendo paying for the rights for Santa Cruz's Screaming Hand, by that artist?🤔😉 It was an iconic skate logo in the late 80s. This is more of a playful comment, but I know how hard core Nintendo is about protecting their IP, so here we are. It is a cool logo, though. It's inspired version in Splatoon 3 still looks cool. It can be seen on the Splatoon map, under the bridge at 3:09 in the video below, and at he end of the match in the victory banner at 3:29. It probably looks different enough in splatoon 3 to be ok. edit: Anyway, I love that Splatoon 3 has it.😁

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHS,_Inc.#Logo
https://www.surfertoday.com/skateboarding/the-story-of-jim-ph...

Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

GX_64

The Japanese Splatoon 3 website seems to have been updated. It mostly has things that have already been in trailers, but there is some artwork I haven't seen elsewhere, as well as a section explaining the basic weapons that has a demonstration of the new Tri-Stringer! https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/av5ja/

Edited on by GX_64

GX_64

NinChocolate

@WoomyNNYes I’d say the parody is quite distant from the original. It’s evocative but not confusing. At first I thought it was Slimer on the wall

NinChocolate

WoomyNNYes

NA region Switch eshop now has a Splatoon 3 place holder page. (maybe everyone's noticed by now) File size says 6.0 GB.

Splatoon 2 says 6.1 GB. Octo Expansion is 2.0 GB.

@GX_64 Oh, cool. Thanks for the heads up on the page that's gone live.

Here's a few clips embedded in the Nintend's Splatoon 3 page that GX_64 linked above, in case anyone wants to see some close up footage of the characters, weapons, new clothes. I don't know if these clips are new. Nothing crazy here, but it was new to me.

transform https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/av5ja/images/pc/modal/about...
weapon 1 https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/av5ja/images/pc/modal/about...
weapon 2 https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/av5ja/images/pc/modal/about...
weapon 3 https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/av5ja/images/pc/modal/about...
weapon 4 https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/av5ja/images/pc/modal/about...
weapon 5 https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/av5ja/images/pc/modal/about...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

JaxonH

I love it.

The style in this game is off the charts.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Been playing Splatoon 2 all weekend.

It's funny. After years of not playing Splatoon, the fun I had faded to distant memories. Rarely would I bring the game up, or mention it as one of my faves. But jumping back in, I was very quickly reminded just how inkredible this game is.

Easily one of my favorite games of all time. I lost my save data buying the OLED so I've been ranking up from scratch. Currently Level 6 and just obtained some 4 slot gear (hat, shirt and shoes) with mains I wanted. The hard part is lucking out on the subs.

It's a lot of work trying to get the perfect gear set. My amiibo has my old gear stored but won't load it unless I own those same gear pieces, irrespective of skills. Haven't run across any of them yet, though. Ah well.

Trying to play Salmon Run and Turf Wars now, saving the Octo Canyon and Octo Expansion for later, since, once Splatoon 3 releases, those modes will basically die in this game. Which means there's basically a 90 day window for Turf Wars and Salmon Run in Splatoon 2. The single player can be done anytime.

It gets me super excited for Splatoon 3 though. This game is going to be epic.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dogorilla

JaxonH wrote:

Trying to play Salmon Run and Turf Wars now, saving the Octo Canyon and Octo Expansion for later, since, once Splatoon 3 releases, those modes will basically die in this game. Which means there's basically a 90 day window for Turf Wars and Salmon Run in Splatoon 2.

I don't think that's necessarily true; I booted up the original Splatoon at one point last year and I was still able to find a game easily. If people are still playing that I'm sure some people will keep playing Splatoon 2 once 3 comes out.

But yeah, this probably is a good time to play S2, it might feel a bit odd to go back to it after getting a feel for S3. I've been meaning to get back into it myself.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic