Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 821 to 840 of 5,014

Natzore

Am I the only one who likes Splatoon A LOT (spent 100+ hours on WiiU) but won't buy Splatoon 2 because of how poorly Nintendo manages online play? It's 2017, we shouldn't be using a smartphone app which needs to be always open in order to play ranked battles and have voice chat. I won't buy this game and any game that uses this smartphone app crap until Nintendo listens to fans and introduces support to voice chat AND Bluetooth headphones on the console itself.

Natzore

Honelith

Just saw this, never realised that the inkopolis tower is in Splatoon 2.

Honelith

Switch Friend Code: SW-0658-7331-4900

Haruki_NLI

@Natzore checks

Yeah you dont need the app to actually do Ranked battles.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

gcunit

I liked Splatoon and could have really loved it, but it's lack of off-screen play killed my opportunity for playing it - I've only logged about 20-25hrs I think.

So, in theory, Splatoon 2 should be ideal for me, but at full rrp I am hacked off that there's no local co-op or single player battles with bots. I'm gonna wait this one out for now.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haruki_NLI

@gcunit We really are looking for everything arent we?

The no off tv play had a purpose on the Wii U. Now we see people complaining about the map overlay.

No one liked the local coop in Splatoon anyhow. It was shallow and awkward. And yeah you cant do Player Vs PC turf war, just Salmon Run. Turf War would lose its dynamics if it was AI due to how theyd have to react like people.

The moment reflexes wont be there.

chardir

@Natzore There's nothing in the app that was built into Splatoon 1, so if you were happy enough with that why boycott it now?

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

BigBadJohn

@Natzore Pre judging things you don't know anything about is fun. Boycotting games you enjoy playing is also fun. Banging your head against a brick wall is incredibly fun. Go.. enjoy yourself... have some fun.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

chardir

@Grumblevolcano There were colour swaps for the Splatoon amiibo, do they unlock different things?

Natzore

@chardir Because being different for the sake of being different isn't fun. If they wanted to introduce voice chat they could have done it like everyone does instead of this unnecessary and uncomfortable smartphone app gimmick.
Also to people who have the courage to defend this terrible choice of Nintendo, if not to subtly invite me to hurt myself, you really suck.

Natzore

chardir

@Natzore I'm not defending Nintendo. I agree that putting features into the app that aren't also available in-game is annoying. But I'm not going to avoid a game that I will love just because it's missing some features. I'm not going to hurt my own enjoyment just to try to make a point (especially one that Ninty won't notice).

Haruki_NLI

@Natzore We havent even used it yet. Uncomfortable is hard to tell as a result.

Unnecessary depends on you I am afraid.

And furthermore right now, you are being different for the sake of it. You know what everyone else here is doing? Alternative means or better yet just getting the game and having fun. You are the one announcing that you hate it.

And note, we never said it was good. Just that it would work. Does it function? Great. Then the rest of our lives continue.

The adaptor Apple sells for headphones is a dumb decision. Look how that phone sold.

Natzore

@BLP_Software Yeah so we have to accept every dumb and annoying decision Nintendo makes instead of making sure that they hear our voice, just because "it functions"? Wow. Talk about enjoying when someone shoves a pole up your ass.

Edited on by Natzore

Natzore

BigBadJohn

@Natzore No you don't have to accept it. Vote with your wallet and don't buy it. Nintendo lose one sale and you don't get to play Splatoon 2. The other option is to wait until it's released and get the opinion of people who've actually used it. Then again I'm a bit of a maverick.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

meleebrawler

@Natzore Or if your problems are literally just with the app, how about just buying the game and not get/use the app? That way you can still enjoy the game while still getting your point of the app stinking across.

Boycotting is only sensible if you think the product is thoroughly unenjoyable. Not just one or two aspects, especially if you love the rest.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Late

Took a look at GameXplain's video about the app and it looks fine to me. I'm not really that interested in the multiplayer matchmaking stuff. I'm all about seeing my stats though there's no good reason why they can't show the stats in game too since it's the game that keeps track of the stuff anyway.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

-Green-

Japan gets the game tomorrow right?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Late

@-Green- I'm pretty sure it's the same release date worldwide. Thanks to the time difference it might feel like tomorrow for some people.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

chardir

It releases on Friday in Japan, which is in less than 24 hours. Then again, some people already have their physical copies due to early deliveries.

Spoony_Tech

Can't wait to hear what some of you sound like.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic