Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,761 to 4,780 of 5,014

DanteSolablood

Great gaming everyone, really enjoyed myself this Splatfest!

@Mr-Fuggles777 I get you, had a few matches where we were spawncamped out of existence.. its tough to deal with. Its my job in my team to hunt players down so they don't get the chance to camp. Maybe its a balance thing?

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

Mr-Fuggles777

@DanteSolablood it probably doesn't help that I'm not the best and find the controls a little sloppy.
I struggle with not having an aim button (like pretty much every other online shooter) and have to rely on the right stick for the camera and aiming at the same time. Gyro is a no go for me because moving the screen around while playing gives me motion sickness.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

1UP_MARIO

Team mushroom. Was a great splatfest.

Now gimme those sea snails 😊

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

DanteSolablood

@Mr-Fuggles777 Personally I think its all practice, I literally don't play online or offline FPS games.. Splatoon2 is my only one & I average 7-10 splats a match.. but maybe not having prior experience is a plus? Either way.. if we get another Splatfest, hit me up!

Last fest my friends and I managed a 10x and a 100x win. Mostly solo'ed this time around. :/

@1UP_MARIO Think I'll be taking those snails. Doesn't look like you've got mushroom.. xD

Edited on by DanteSolablood

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

Mr-Fuggles777

@DanteSolablood cheers, will stick with it. The only other 3rd person shooter I played regularly was gears and those games are paced differently to splatoon. I usually play FPS like Destiny or Titanfall which feel much tighter I'm comparison

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

WoomyNNYes

@gcunit I think your clout rating still gets counted if you're playing against your own splatfest team. Playing your own team still counts for something... It still racks up your splatfest rank points, fiend, defender, champion, king (forgive me if I got part of those ranks wrong).

I thought ThatSRB2Dude(on youtube) had some decent weapon tutorials, which might help, if you want to improve. It's not that it's complicated, but it helps to see what the strength or strategy is with a weapon, sub weapon, special weapon. Captain Astronaut has some decent (and funny) weapon tutorials. I like him.

If I get crushed a lot, I often get the orange N-Zap gun. The walking autobombs can take out snipers, or clear an area (if you throw them), and the Tenta Missles show you where all the enemies are. And the gun itself is decent.

Regarding getting splatted a lot, you can wear some gear that boosts your swim abilities after respawning, which will get you back into the game quicker.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 Ohhhh that was this weekend.

Sorry.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, it was this weekend. The Splatfest is over now. No worries, it's cool. I was on Team Star, but Team Mushroom won. Wasn't the first time I picked a side that ends up losing, lol.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 Been there done that. Lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

gcunit

@WoomyNNYes Thanks for that, nice of you chip in - I will check out the vids.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ok1

@Northwind So you have the wrong idea on the how the giveaway worked. It actually used Splatfest Power, not Clout. So the people in top places would probably have around 2300?

hello

BenAV

@Northwind If the levels are really unbalanced then I'd recommend leaving the room after a game and jumping into a new group until you find a more balanced lobby. You'll probably find situations like that pretty frequently until you improve though. Low level players who have just started the game don't have much hope against players with hundreds of hours of practice.

With the Inkbrush, your best bet when getting spawn camped would be to try to sneak around the other team and use your speed to go and ink their side of the map where nobody is or sneak up and try to take them out from behind. Just easier said than done when you're playing against experienced players until you're comfortable with the weapon. You can also use the Splashdown during a super jump so another strat is to just ink what you can safely (even using Splat Bombs if you have to) to charge up your special then jump to a teammate who is surrounded by the other team and try to catch them off guard with a Splashdown when you land. It can be very hard to avoid.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Northwind I played the demo But I wouldnt call it playing it. I I edited the comment above.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BenAV

@Northwind Just the downside of trying to get into a competitive game over three years after it came out I guess. It's super fun once it really clicks though. First thing is to find a weapon that you really like and then just stick with it while you try to improve your skills. The most beginner-friendly weapons for turf war would be the really high turf coverage shooters like the Splattershot Jr, Aerospray and Sploosh-O-Matic as you can mainly focus on inking turf and have a pretty big impact on the match without needing many splats. But any weapon is viable if you have the time and patience to get the hang of them.

The Inkbrush that you're using now is one of my personal favourites (it's one of only two weapons I've reached 50+ freshness with) but its turf coverage isn't great so you do need to be looking to get some splats to make up for it. With any weapon with a really short range the most important thing to always keep in mind is to avoid swimming/running at opposition players head-on as most of the time they'll just use their longer range to splat you. Need to learn to be unpredictable with your movements and sneak around to their sides or behind before hitting them.

Sometimes you won't be able to advance at all so instead of rushing in recklessly it can be best to sit back for a bit and use your Splat Bombs instead. They're my favourite sub weapon in the game. Super dangerous when you get use to aiming them in good spots. They use a lot of ink though so I tend to load up on Ink Saver (Sub) so I can spam them but that's not something you can really do early game due to a lack of ability chunks.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Snatcher

@BenAV I really think I'm going to give the game a chance just need to buy it whenever,

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

WoomyNNYes

@Northwind There is rubberbanding with turf war. Sometimes you'll have a string of losses. And yeah, sometimes it's a frustrating team of japanese names, or users with * next to their level numer, and their skills may seem OP. It happens, but never last forever. (If you dont know already, the * means they passed level 100. My level is 5* =105).

I don't know if you use the NSO Splatnet app, but you can watch your match history and win/loss ratio for your last 50 matches. Right now my ratio is 19 victory/31 defeat, which is pretty brutal, lol, and rubberbanding will let me get back to the 26-33 wins(if not today, it will tomorrow). With the app you can see what weapons the people get the most splats with in your last match, and try them yourself. Sometimes it helps. Sometimes I've watched ThatSrb2Dude's "tearing it up" videos on youtue to see how he uses the weapons - he plays competively and can slay with any weapon, really, and you can see how he uses them.

Regarding pesky spawn camping, get thy walking autobombs, and toss them. And yay, thy spawn campers hiding in ink will have move, get exposed, or get splatted, it usually clears them out. In that scenario I'll wear 3 mains of ink sub saver and two sub abilities of ink refill speed. You can spam autobombs with that.

I've gotten frustrated with splatoon, but as I played more, it's fun to learn other weapons. And it gets more fun to pick & change weapons to counter whatever the strong players were doing. I've had a lot fun with the Bloblobber, unfortunately that unlocks at level 30. It has it's flaws, but I've also gotten plenty of splats with it, and it throws ink far, which helps with turf war. You can use crusty sean food tickets to level up faster, which unlocks new weapons faster. (weapons keep unlocking until level 30)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@Northwind I used to use Ninja Squid ages back when I played with the Octobrush but the swim speed loss is really noticeable and takes a lot of Swim Speed Up to negate it. I'd say it's probably more suited to weapons that kill really quickly like the Splat Roller and better in the ranked modes than Turf War where there's more time to play stealthily but it's definitely something you could play around with and see if it helps you. Quick Respawn only activates if you're dying multiple times in a row so in general it's not something I'd use but it definitely could be handy while you're still learning the game and getting splatted a lot.

My set for Inkbrush is two full pieces of Ink Saver (Sub) which lets me throw two Splat Bombs from a full tank and then my shoes have Object Shredder just to help with dealing with things like Ink Armour, Splash Wall, Baller, etc. and three subs of Ink Recovery Up. Swim Speed Up, Special Charge Up and maybe even Special Power Up are the other abilities I'd consider with the Inkbrush if I wasn't using most of my slots for Ink Saver (Sub).

BenAV

WoomyNNYes

@BenAV Man, when some rascal splats me with an umbrella, I love putting on Object Shredder with Splattershot Pro. It's so fun if they come back to the next match with that umbrella 😁 Although, its funny how often the umbrella is gone before I get to use Object Shredder.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

BenAV

@Northwind I can see the value of Quick Respawn in Ranked where everything's highly contested so the risk of getting splatted multiple times increases and getting back in quickly can be the difference between winning and losing. It probably loses a bit of value in Turf War where your primary objective is to ink the most turf and your less likely to get splatted over and over again unless your whole team is locked in which case you're probably stuffed no matter what abilities you have. Ninja Squid similarly is really valuable in Ranked where you're mostly going for splats and have time to stop and play it stealthy and sneak around but a bit less valuable in Turf War where you generally need to stay mobile and continue to cover as much ground as possible. End of the day though I think the Inkbrush functions pretty well by itself without any specific abilities so you should be fine to build it however.

BenAV

BenAV

@Northwind As someone who has been in the position of the experienced player, I have to admit that it can be pretty satisfying to pick up like 20 splats and keep an entire team trapped in their spawn.

BenAV

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic