Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 5,014

Blue_Blur

Team Sweater won... 3-0?! Very happy with this outcome, but based on my matches yesterday, let's just say that I expected the results to be the exact opposite, or at least a close 2-1 victory. Really surprised Team Socks didn't win a single category! I did have a fair number of sweater vs. sweater matches though, so I can see why we won popularity.

That makes my splatfest win streak two now!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

NaviAndMii

Booyah! Just managed my most proFRESHional Salmon Run clearance to date! (earlier today)

Untitled

Easily my best shift - one fellow freelance squid managed to bag 45 Golden Egg's all by themselves! It actually took me just 4 rounds to get the Superbonus thanks to 3 further 60+ team scores!

Just loving the mode at the moment - I hadn't really played much Salmon Run up until now but, since I've got my pay grade up, the rewards are rolling in quite nicely - and it makes for a nice change of pace too...a whole lot of fun

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

My performance in Splat Zones has been all over the place today, went from S down to A and then back up to S.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Maxz

Growing quite fond of Clam Blitz as I move into the more higher ranks and generally work out how to play it properly.

As with most modes (but particularly relevant with CB), the teamwork and understanding of the game's nuances generally improves as you reach the higher ranks, and that can make for some much more satisfying matches.

Rather than just feeling unfocused and generally a bit 'all over the place', most matches now have a much clearer sense of direction and purpose. But the 'decentralised' nature of the mode - especially the fact both teams can have power clams simultaneously in play - means that it feels refreshingly different from the other modes with their single objective. There's only one Rainmaker, one Tower, and only one team can be in possession of the Splat Zones. But in Clam Blitz, the key objects can be distributed over the map and over the teams in any number of patterns.

It's fun!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

-Green-

The squeezer (or whatever it is called) is a-coming. We're getting closer and closer to getting all the original weapons on-disc released. Taken your time Spla2

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NaviAndMii

I wish there was a way to 'favourite' some of my gear to make them always appear towards the top of my inventory list(s) - or even just trade in/delete the various items that I don't/won't use...my gear selection screen is looking awfully cluttered at the moment - and I have my eye on various other pieces too, which is only going to make matters worse!

It's quite handy to have a few spare pieces of gear (with slots that you don't mind scrubbing) for grinding ability chunks - but, since I've developed my game a little bit, I really don't use a lot of the items that I bought at the start of the game anymore - yet, frustratingly, they always appear towards the top of my inventory lists, no matter how I sort them...and now that a whole bunch of new clothing has been added (which I'm starting to buy to replace other items) it's just getting more and more cluttered!

Not the biggest problem in the world by any means - I've got about 3-or-4 'go-to' items of clothing in each category that I can mix and match depending on the weapon I'm using etc - and I know what they all are...I just wish that I could have a 'custom' inventory list for my favoured gear - or just get rid of the old, useless items I bought when I was a newbie altogether!

#FirstWorldProblems

Zyrac

@NaviAndMii I don't see how you old stuff could stay near the top of the inventory if you're not using it. The default sort order ("favourites") lists the most recently used/bought items first, so if you're consistently using the same few things, they should be easy to find.

An actual favourites list would still be a nice little quality-of-life addition, though. Until that happens, I'll just keep being a pay2win cheater and using amiibo to store my favourite sets.

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Zyrac I dunno, I must've used those items a lot because they never seem to go down the list - some of them I don't even remember using! :/ ..I spent a good 100hours+ playing like a total newbie - and I've had a whole bunch of stuff just cluttering my lists up ever since - I suppose that they'll drop down the list eventually, but something more immediate/flexible would be nice!

I completely forgot that you can use amiibo to store favourite sets (that may be why the feature I'm looking for doesn't exist! ) ..could be a nice solution though - can it be any amiibo, or just the Splatoon ones?

Edited on by NaviAndMii

NaviAndMii

@InklingBoy2005 Are you getting them for Christmas? If so, you'll be coming to Splatoon 2 at a really good time ..they've added a whole wave of new content recently and - more importantly - seem to have really fixed the game up nicely. It seems to have been a loooooong time since I last disconnected from a match, the controls don't seem to 'drift' anymore and I think that the overall experience is the best it's ever been! I've just gotten back in to it recently and can't seem to put it down! ..you won't be disappointed!

shani

I've been out of the loop for a while (first XC2 & BotW and then moving to a new place), haven't played Clam Blitz or any of the other new content. How is it so far?

I'm just reading your comments and I already love the fact that people are talking about positions like 'goalkeeper'. I think you could have something like a 'flying goalkeeper' (a dedicated outfielder who is also the goalie when needed) or 'the last player is the goalkeeper' (just whoever is nearest to the goal at any given moment) - both common rules on German (and probably worldwide?) football grounds.

Edit: Wow! I went straight from C- to A- with only two rank-ups in one rotation! CB is really awesome, it might even rival RM as my favourite mode...

@Zyrac: Thanks, that video was actually insightful! 👍

Caldorosso-E wrote:

Also, apparently you can splat other players with the Power Clam throw.

Lol, really? I gotta try this.

meleebrawler wrote:

I wonder if randoms will either waste time back-and-forth passing clams, or hog them?

Nope, I don't think that would be smart, the other team can always get some clams and take the lead.

@OorWullie Flounder Heights would be great! It's one of my favourite stages.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

OorWullie

There is an interview with the Splatoon producer over at Eurogamer and includes some interesting facts.

Development started on the sequel in October 2015, just 4 or 5 months after the original released and overall took around the same time to develop as the original did. So much for it being a 'lazy rehash'

Splatoon 2 also already has more active players than the original had.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-12-22-nintendo-on-givi...

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

NaviAndMii

OorWullie wrote:

Splatoon 2 also already has more active players than the original had.

...and it hasn't even had its first Christmas yet! I'm sure that Santa'll have plenty of copies loaded on his sleigh, ready to be delivered to lucky Inkling boys and girls around the world! ..well, the ones who have been 'nice' this year anyway!

Quick question: Is it possible to have more than one active food/drink token? eg. if you've had an 'Ink Resistance' drink, then eat some '2x Cash' food - does that replace the effect of the drink? Thanks!

Grumblevolcano

This is cool, Clam Blitz is being much more common tomorrow. At these times (UK time) it's playable:

• 4-6am
  • 8-10am
  • 12-2pm
  • 6-8pm

The app doesn't go past 8pm yet so it may stay common for a bit longer.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Zyrac

@NaviAndMii You can only have one ticket active at a time, regardless of whether it's food or drink. And to belatedly answer your earlier question, only the Splatoon amiibo are compatible.

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Zyrac Nice! I have an inkling that I may be getting a Splatoon 2 amiibo as a prezzie tomorrow, so that's welcome news indeed! ..and thanks for also letting me know about the tickets! I've been grinding for chunks so hard that I ran out of cash, but stopped short of eating a 'money boost meal' just in case it cancelled my active ticket - good job I did!

NaviAndMii

Ooo la la! The game has been FLOODED with newbies! Feels good to be one of the better players in your average lobby for once! ...I wonder how long that'll last!

Blue_Blur

I remember all the newbies after Christmas with the original game as well. I tried to protect the new players on my team so they could stay alive for more than ten seconds; as for the new players on the other team... well, they were the enemy, so no mercy! This time may be a bit different, since I'm sure a good amount of "newbies" have played the original, but still, the sequel definitely has a lot of new things to learn!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

GoldenGamer88

Time to play to feel confident in your Turf War skills I see. Wonder how many low levels will join the 50+, though, lol.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

NaviAndMii

Yeah, in Turf Wars I've generally found it to be (on average) 2-3 high level players and 5-6 newbies in each lobby...doesn't necessarily mean that they're bad players of course - some were crazy good to be fair (and will, scarily, only get better!) - but it's definitely freshened things up a bit!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic