Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 761 to 780 of 942

Eel

It just worked on its own, with L-targeting centering it behind you, like on the N64 games.

Here I'm not sure if the automatic camera was always like this, or of they stripped it down for this version since you can control it yourself, but trying to play without using the camera stick is kinda rough.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

blaisedinsd

Zeldafan79 wrote:

@blaisedinsd

That tip about ghirahim blows my mind! I used to think tricking him was the way to go also. He's so much easier now! All this time i was fighting him wrong.

Awesome, glad it helped you šŸ˜€

I have a major gripe finally, the pumpkin shooting game s driving me mad I can barely get 400 points. I tried joycons and pro controller and found the aiming difficult. I think my joycon started having connections issues again as it was choppy sometimes. I am definitely going to have to check on Wii to see if I find this easier, not sure if I ever did it as I didnā€™t 100% any of my Wii play throughs.

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

GoldenBoy

Just beat it! After around 35-40 hours. I think I only played through once on the Wii, taking a looong break midway through, and I never revisited it. But after playing through again, itā€™s really gone up in my estimations, maybe one of my favourite 3D Zeldas.

I started off playing docked with motion controls, but visiting home this week so I played in handheld. Which was difficult to get to grips with first. But I persevered and it got to the point where it felt natural. Eventually it just clicked.

I like that itā€™s kind of linear, I never felt stuck enough to have to Google things which Iā€™ve done in previous games. The dungeons feel a lot more manageable and self contained, it feels rewarding to figure things out for myself.

QUESTION THOUGH. So, I think Iā€™ve done my version of 100-percenting things. Iā€™ve got all the heart pieces, etc. BUT, I only have eighteen hearts? Twenty with the two heart medallions. Is that all of them? Is it not possible to have twenty without the medallions in your pouch?

SWITCH FC: 7878-9122-1502 / Benjamin

blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd wrote:

I have a major gripe finally, the pumpkin shooting game s driving me mad I can barely get 400 points. I tried joycons and pro controller and found the aiming difficult. I think my joycon started having connections issues again as it was choppy sometimes. I am definitely going to have to check on Wii to see if I find this easier, not sure if I ever did it as I didnā€™t 100% any of my Wii play throughs.

I just watched on YouTube to turn off motion controls completely, aim at the second fence post, let go of charged up A button as soon as the pumpkin moves from his torso. You hit it on the way up out of his hand consistently so the wild throws at high scores arenā€™t any more difficult.

SW-7087-5868-6390

Zeldafan79

@blaisedinsd

Yeah that really helped! You totally made that fight alot less irritating!

Here's a tip for you. In the pumpkin shooting game the first five or six throws the pumpkin will fall in roughly the same spot so just try to hit the first one thrown and keep your aim in the same place. Always use a fully charged shot and shoot just before the pumpkin gets to the center of the aiming reticle. Also keep an eye out for the flashing pumpkins They are worth double the points!

Oh and getting multiple hits in succession adds to your multiplier.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

GoldenBoy

@Eel Ahh, thank you!

SWITCH FC: 7878-9122-1502 / Benjamin

WoomyNNYes

Four hours into first playthrough. That wooden shield is really pretty crappy. Where do I find some amber to upgade it?

Also, this Groose guy really is a doosh. There was no way he was going to get the statue from the bird in the ceremony. He thinks zelda likes him, but she totally doesn't. I really showed him!šŸ˜ƒšŸ™ƒšŸ™ƒšŸ¤Ŗ

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

@WoomyNNYes in this game, you canā€™t just use the shield like in normal Zelda games, itā€™s more like breath of the wild in the sense that you need to do parries in order to use it effectively.

If you just use it to block normally, itā€™ll take damage and break, but if you parry attacks with it, then itā€™s effectively infinite.

For amber relics, theyā€™re found about everywhere in the faron woods, just keep your eyes open for them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

rallydefault

I'm at the end of the desert/mine dungeon. I do really like it, but I'm not jumping on that wagon of moving SS up in my Zelda rankings yet lol I still love these little "ah-ha!" moments I'm getting from some of the motion/direction-based inputs.

Playing this game has also given me a new-found respect for how timeless WindWaker's art style truly proved to be.

rallydefault

Joeynator3000

checks thread for the very first time, decides to give everyone an update on how I'm doing with this game

...Look, it's 3 in the morning here, okay? Just, leave me alone...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MarioBrickLayer

So, I'm 30 hours in, I have just got the second flame on the Sandship, I really enjoyed this boss battle against the Tentalus too. I'm assuming that I'm over halfway through now?

It's been a very enjoyable game so far, the Dungeons are great, some really fun puzzles.

MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

Eel wrote:

Iā€™d say youā€™re about 2/3rds in.

ah OK, thanks! So I'm looking at around 45 hours total. I'm happy with that. I wasn't sure about the game, after it was announced there was quite a bit of negativity, but it's been well worth buying.

MarioBrickLayer

rallydefault

@MarioBrickLayer
It's a great game. We all need to go back to listening to reviewers we trust rather than general internet attitudes, in my opinion.

rallydefault

JaxonH

@MarioBrickLayer
Thereā€™s negativity around every game nowadays. Itā€™s always something.

Itā€™s so prevalent you can no longer rely on controversy to discern good from bad. Thereā€™s so many ppl who live their lives in an endless pursuit of criticism for video games that what may have started as a fairly reasonable but minor or circumstantial complaint gets ballooned into a game breaking reason to avoid at all costs.

Combine that with the $60 price warriors, the ā€œI hate portsā€ army and the annual ā€œZelda is overratedā€ hate train, not to mention the fact this game is genuinely more divisive with controls that arenā€™t as easy to use as in most other games and is more linear (which isnā€™t as popular as open world games), and you end up with quite the circus.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Zeldafan79

@JaxonH

Zelda is like starwars in that nobody hates it more than the fans.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Tyranexx

Joeynator3000 wrote:

checks thread for the very first time, decides to give everyone an update on how I'm doing with this game

...Look, it's 3 in the morning here, okay? Just, leave me alone...

No gliding in this game. That's in the next home console release.

JaxonH wrote:

Itā€™s so prevalent you can no longer rely on controversy to discern good from bad. Thereā€™s so many ppl who live their lives in an endless pursuit of criticism for video games that what may have started as a fairly reasonable but minor or circumstantial complaint gets ballooned into a game breaking reason to avoid at all costs.

So much this. There are genuine criticisms out there, including this game. If I'd listened to the internet on the mountains made out of molehills however, I would have never 1. Played and actually enjoyed Metroid: Other M (even if the plot is meh at times, I've seen worse), 2. Tried Paper Mario: Color Splash (Another good game there despite the card system being bleh, and 3. Picked up the Switch version of Ys IX.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic