Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Rumor and Speculation Thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 4,146

HotGoomba

@GrailUK It may be unveiled before the end of summer, based on Nintendo's past announcement of revisions.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

HotGoomba

And if anyone is wondering why Nintendo didn't announce the Super Switch during E3, the pure reason is because of the Wii U. Because they don't want to repeat the Wii U's failure, they're now gonna announce new revisions and consoles following that year's E3 (maybe even before).

So don't get your hopes up, and if this isn't true, don't shoot me, I'm just the messanger. I'm just saying that if Nintendo is going to announce a new Switch revision, it will likely be in the summer or fall.

Likely not Winter because they have to release it before Christmas.

Edited on by HotGoomba

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

GrailUK

@HotGoomba I wonder if it's related to Microsoft's Switch announcement in Fall. (They better not be aquiring them hahah!) Way I see it is Nintendo is probably their best way to reach Japan.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

link3710

@GrailUK There's no way they're acquiring them. But Nintendo + Microsoft currently function well in each other's weakspots, so working together could pay off big time if they can make it happen.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo has their annual investor meeting on June 29th (there's quarterly investor meetings and an annual investor meeting each year) so there's a decent chance of announcement before then.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

@link3710 Man, it's a shame their conversation got omitted from the Epic / Apple courtcase. Boggles my mind how they can make a partnership work (it's easier to think it can't happen haha)

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano If they don't reveal it beforehand, I can imagine they are going to get inundated with questions regarding it lol. 'Hey, Nintendo, can you divulge to your competitors what your plans are?' 'No.'

GrailUK

Just dawned on me. Advance Wars gets a reboot.

Nintendo Switch Advance confirmed hee hee.

GrailUK

@Slowdive 6.99". Man, so much for the 7" rumours...

SwitchForce

GrailUK wrote:

@HotGoomba I wonder if it's related to Microsoft's Switch announcement in Fall. (They better not be aquiring them hahah!) Way I see it is Nintendo is probably their best way to reach Japan.

IF that is then Nintendo has already own Microsoft already. Their stock is only Windows/Office beyond that it's pretty worthless. They aren't a Tech company but software company only that buys others because they lack Innovation and Creativity thinking outside of the (Windows) Box.

SwitchForce

GrailUK

@SwitchForce Could it be that the Switch easter egg was Doom Eternal dlc in the direct?

rallydefault

@SwitchForce
Just Windows and Office? That is a pretty narrow view of Microsoft. Love them or hate them, they actually have their hand in a lot of different pots at the moment. They're big into augmented reality research and development, web services of all stripes including large-scale security, and they're really deep into cloud stuff. They also seem to be dabbling back into smart phones.

Edit: And I forgot their entire line of Surface hardware. I've owned a Surface laptop for like 3 or 4 years and it's been nothing but excellent.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

@GrailUK Unlikely because it was a known entity, Panic Button announced last year that Switch was getting DOOM Eternal's DLC. The shelf teases have been things that hadn't been officially announced when the shelf tease happened.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, that's a point. Hmm...

NinChocolate

Friday. That’s the day I’m anticipating upgrade news. Of course there could be a 2-3 week margin of error there..

NinChocolate

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic