Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Rumor and Speculation Thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 4,146

Grumblevolcano

@NinChocolate There's been a lot less Switch Pro discussion since that E3 Direct (exception being Nintendo's stock dropping because of no announcement) so would be perfect timing for announcement.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

sixrings

I didn’t see many of these third party games which demanded a pro model at e3. If they are coming next year then maybe Nintendo stock piles the units for A March release to avoid scalpers.

sixrings

skywake

@SwitchForce
Amazon, Google and Microsoft are the big three tech companies. Pretty much everything you do online (or even offline) will at some point go through one of these three companies. Often all at once.

Microsoft is far from "just windows and office"

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

skywake

@MarioBrickLayer
Yeah, that breakdown doesn't really surprise me. It's not something people see on the consumer side of things but there's a lot of expensive licencing for Microsoft products in the enterprise space. $10k for SQL Server or $100/mo/user for something like Microsoft Dynamics. Then there's Azure cloud servers which is a whole other can of worms.

But yeah, like I said, if you do anything online or even have something you do offline logged by someone in some form? It'll likely go through Microsoft, Amazon or Google at some stage. Order something online, buy something at the shops, walk through a home open, catch public transport. Really anything. It'll go through one of those three and whoever wanted to track that stat will pay one of those three for the ability to do that.

SwitchForce

And yet to the NintenDoomed fandom they can't even make a decent Console for all their money spent. That tells me they don't have much innovation as other might think. And yet those very same company can't spend money on Security infrastructure but can payout CEO payouts and gets constant hacks/breaches. All their money did little to harden their own security for all their presence. And Microsoft of the three would be the only real software writer for their own Server software the other uses and buys others to use so the Dominant one is Microsoft without it neither the other two would be where they are now.

SwitchForce

TheFrenchiestFry

After the previous Switch v2 chip was codenamed Mariko and this one has an SoC codenamed "Black Knight" with a CPU named "Hercules", I'm convinced the NVIDIA people are huge Marvel fans. Jensen Huang clearly reads a lot of comics

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TSR3

@skywake FYI - Sony's PlayStation Network is hosted on Microsoft's Azure cloud

TSR3

rallydefault

Can anyone understand what @SwitchForce says half the time or is it just me? It's not really the language, just the ideas I think. I honestly have no idea what their latest post in this thread is trying to say.

rallydefault

GrailUK

@rallydefault That last post was tough to get my head around. Granted, most things are.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

RR529

@rallydefault, @GrailUK, the way I take it they were trying to reply to the comment by @skywake regarding Microsoft & the other tech giants.

Something along the lines of that they (MS) don't have the imagination to give the anti-Nintendo crowd an innovative console, and they're more concerned about giving their bigwigs bonuses rather than having decent cyber security (probably a reference to some sort of hack that hit Xbox at some point in the past), and that Amazon & Google are even more worthless as they have to use MS' software because they're apparently unable to make their own.

That's how I read it, anyways.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

ThanosReXXX

@rallydefault @GrailUK Most of us have long since given up trying to make heads or tails of whatever weird kind of brain fart he flings into the ether, nor should we care, probably.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

GrailUK

At least it's a different point of view. Always welcome those in any discussion

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

rallydefault

@RR529
Ah, yes. That is probably about right. Very helpful, thank you!

rallydefault

skywake

RR529 wrote:

Something along the lines of that they (MS) don't have the imagination to give the anti-Nintendo crowd an innovative console

I do find it amusing when MS cops this kind of rant while the Apples of the world don't. Microsoft is a large ship so it's harder for them to change direction. Meanwhile Apple suffer from the same slow, corporate motions but it's ignored largely because they're brave enough to not include enough ports on their products...

Similar deal with Nintendo to a degree. We all like to do the "Nintendo are unpredictable" dance but when you think about it they're not a particularly disruptive company. I mean the Switch is what, a high spec portable? It's a great piece of kit and Nintendo is second to none as a game developer but other than that....

Meanwhile Microsoft, while a boring cooperation with generally weak IP, defined what a console being online meant on the 360. They pushed the indie scene into a profitable part of the industry. They are now pushing games as a service and pushing hard against the traditional console model. But you know, who needs innovation when you get praise for putting a notch in your phone screen

Edited on by skywake

SwitchForce

@rallydefault it's called life as we know. If we could predicate everyone why are we alive and breathing. We should just become mindless sheeps to the slaughter. But everyone is entitled to their posting and to try to deny to tell what one can write beyond the Rules posting is Censorship.

SwitchForce

skywake

SwitchForce wrote:

@rallydefault it's called life as we know. If we could predicate everyone why are we alive and breathing. We should just become mindless sheeps to the slaughter. But everyone is entitled to their posting and to try to deny to tell what one can write beyond the Rules posting is Censorship.

You what in the who now?

SwitchForce

@Eel Correct and if you don't then don't respond to it.

SwitchForce

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic