Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 2,230

TheBigBlue

@kms108 once your NSO subscription fully expires, you can’t play the respective games even if you downloaded the applications.

And no, killer instinct isn’t on NSO.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

kms108

TheBigBlue wrote:

@kms108 once your NSO subscription fully expires, you can’t play the respective games even if you downloaded the applications.
And no, killer instinct isn’t on NSO.

Thanks

kms108

TheBigBlue

It’s time to tilt and tumble it seems

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

DannyBoi

Does anyone know how long you get on the n64 app?(switch v2)

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

HistoricKombat

@DannyBoi

As long you are subscribed to Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pass, you should have access to all NSO content including all games available on the N64 app. Keep in mind, you are required to have an active internet connection at least once a month because NSO apps uses DRM that checks for active NSO membership to launch these apps. If you have not launched the N64 app in a month or more and you have no access to the internet, you will be locked out from the app until your NSO membership can be validated via internet.

HistoricKombat

Fizza

It's insane how quickly Oracle of Ages has already managed to grab me by the throat when it comes to basking in that 2D Zelda goodness, it's only been out for a day and I've already put over 2 and a half hours into it and gotten the first two dungeons completed. The Zelda bug has well and truly hit me again and I couldn't be happier

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

GameOtaku

@HistoricKombat
Which is precisely the reason why I want to straight out but then like Virtual Console games.

GameOtaku

HistoricKombat

@GameOtaku

I agree, but Nintendo wants our money and does not want us to stop giving it to them despite being a loyal customer for almost seemingly forever, long since the SNES for me.

HistoricKombat

GameOtaku

@HistoricKombat
The way I see it if they did as I suggested they’d just make more money catering to those consumers that don’t play online but want our own classic gaming library.

GameOtaku

skywake

@HistoricKombat
Don't bother, the discussion is pointless and has been going on for years. The opposition to NSO by some is driven by ideology rather than logic. It's not about what's better value or what's more profitable. It's certainly not about whether or not the VC itself was good or not especially considering those purchases didn't stick between generations (or even within generations). It's not even really about the concept of ownership vs licence vs subscription

It's about some people being nostalgic for the Wii VC specifically to the point where they almost stake their entire identity on disliking anything that is not exactly the Wii VC model. They'd rather pay ~$22AU for every N64 game they want, ~$12AU for every SNES/GBA game they want and ~$7.50AU For every NES/GB game they want. Then do that all again next year for the Switch 2. Why? Not because it's cheaper... but because that's what the Wii VC was

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

GameOtaku

@skywake
It could be improved so purchases can move between gens especially with the account system. Besides it just makes more sense to allow purchases to non subscribers. They are making money either way. I don’t see how allowing us to buy games we want would undermine the subscription service especially if you don’t want to play online.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

HistoricKombat

@skywake

Oh, I don't want the old Wii VC back...the emulation was absolute garbage, it was not any better on Wii U, well aside from GBA from M2. NSO is much improved aside from the N64 at launch. Also, that Fire Emblem game for the series 30 Anniversary, the emulation was trash.

HistoricKombat

skywake

@HistoricKombat
I don't disagree I was just commenting on the long rants some go on whenever NSO is mentioned. It's just not worth the effort engaging with that topic. Some people just have what I can only describe as an ideological opposition to any method of acquiring games that isn't explicitly the way they got games when they were kids

I mean I get it. I still buy movies on BluRay, I buy music on Vinyl and CD. I mean I could at a stretch say that buying movies on BluRay means I can pick out movies I want without having to subscribe to everything. But really, I have no reason to own Run the Jewels 2 on Vinyl and there's no rational justification for that. It makes more sense to just listen to it on some streaming service (which I also do). Far more convenient and significantly cheaper

But the difference is I don't go on say Netflix's forums and whine that one of their movies isn't available on BluRay. Or that I can't purchase and download Stranger Things outright rather than paying for a subscription. They own the content they own, they can distribute it however they want. And in the case of NSO specifically we're talking about classic games..... there are literally dozens of other ways to get a copy of these games, legal and otherwise. So complaining about NSO is a waste of time and, frankly, engaging with people who do is doubly so

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

GameOtaku

@skywake
Just so I’m completely understood I’m not against the online service. I’m against having the classic games locked behind the online service. I’m sure I’m not alone in having no interest in online play even if I had internet service for that purpose. I see nothing wrong with paying a small fee to buy individual games that I will play again and again year after year whenever and wherever I choose. As it is now I lose access every other week due to the check in requirement if I subscribed. Now I don’t know about most of you but if I pay money for something I fully expect to get what I pay for. Spending $50 a year on an online service I don’t use for a lot of games I don’t enjoy just to play the games I do enjoy which I lose access to every other week is not consumer conscious. I’d rather pay $5-$15 or more per game and play then indefinitely for a one time fee rather than pay an ongoing fee year after year to only have my access blocked.

Now we do have an actual account system and most of us linked our WiiU or 3ds (possibly both) to our accounts to access our funds so it stands to reason we should access the virtual console games we purchased. As far as the current setup is they can have the individual games listed as dlc on the app pages on the shop. Why would Nintendo or any other company turn down the chance to make more money especially from those that can’t readily access their content?! You can buy Netflix shows on Blu-ray and dvd. You can buy albums in stores, in online digital store fronts even as individual tracks or you can subscribe and stream it! So why is this such a horrible thing to want?!

GameOtaku

kkslider5552000

Pokemon TCG and Pokemon Stadium 2! This is peak nostalgia for me, I love both of these games, they're probably my favorite Pokemon spinoff games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DannyBoi

Cant find a suitable fire emblem thread to post this on. My problem is this. I am at the end of blazing blade and fighting the dragon. My units are Athos with aurella forblaze luce and excalibur. Hawkeye with baskilos and Oswin with rex hasta. And my lords are very low level. I have no stat boosters of any kind, or any healers or healing items. Lost ninians grace when nills died and ninian too. Am I screwed? I did use save states and rewind feature and rng abuse on my way here. I already asked someone regarding this, but wanted others opinions.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

jump

Stupid question…I’ve got a standard online subscription and I’m going upgrade to a family subscription soon. My Switch will be the primary console (as I’ve got the most digital games) but will I be able to access the digital games on the secondary consoles?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Xyphon22

@jump As far as I can tell (because I've recently got a second Switch and this and this seems to be the case), only the account that purchased/downloaded the games can play them on the secondary console, and only then when you have an active internet connection. I've had to make my Switch the secondary because otherwise the kids can't play Animal Crossing or Mario Kart on the other one because I'm the one who bought/downloaded everything, and when I'm out and about with no internet connection I can only play whatever game is in the cartridge slot. If this doesn't have to be the case, hopefully someone else can let us know. But this is what I've found.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic