Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 2,232

TheBigBlue

@Leon_Kennedy I just straight up forget to save in game, especially in Metroid Fusion. I use the save suspension option and just creat a save slate for a specific part of the game where I finish for the day, it doesn’t matter if you save or not, you can pick up exactly where you were. Just do it early on before you forget and kind of make a habit out of it so it’s easier for you.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

WiiWareWave

So...uh...When do y'all think we'll see more NSO games? It's coming up on the 1 month mark since the last NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA games were released on the service and 4 months since the last wave of SEGA GENESIS games were dropped onto NSO.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

TheBigBlue

@LilyGoMEOW next news would probably be GBA related. Metroid Fusion released last month, so I expect something like Kirby and the Amazing Mirror will be the next NSO game added soon.

kkslider5552000

Especially with Pulseman(!!!) being added, I'm reminded I've not touched the Genesis games yet and really need to. I've probably only played 15 Genesis games ever (and half of them were on the Sonic Mega Collection).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheBigBlue

Street Fighter 2 is a surprise one here. Isn’t that game in some capcom collection on the eshop? I mean, the original Mega Man trilogy is on the service too, so I guess capcom games have more leniency on Genesis.

StuTwo

It could be that Nintendo is paying a little extra to the publishers (Mega Drive/Genesis is on the premium tier) and that makes it more attractive.

The Mega Drive selection is - in some ways - really good. I mean many of the games on there are objectively poor and others are just plain weird but that was reflective of the sorts of collections of Mega Drive games you might have expected to come across. I didn't really own a Mega Drive as a child but the mish mash of games is authentic to the sort of collections I might have come across my friends having.

It misses EA games though - Road Rash certainly and the EA Sports games. Also Micro Machines (which was a great series but which is now owned by EA).

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

FragRed

@StuTwo Micro Machines would be cool but is based on a license so that ain’t happening and sports games still need licenses to be re-released so again, that’s not happening. But Road Rash definitely needs to be there. I doubt EA cares too much about that franchise and getting the rights to put it up properly not be too expensive because of that.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

StuTwo

@FragRed Oh I know that the licenses thing is a killer (even for the original FIFA that used made up player names) but it does leave a hole in the "Mega Drive experience". Those games are to Mega Drive nostalgia what impeccably designed, genre defining platform games and RPGs are to SNES nostalgia. It's just not the same without them.

Actually you'd have to think that the business model would make obtaining licenses for short spells more feasible but (Goldeneye and Tetris aside) it hasn't happened.

The bigger killer I'd say though is EA as a company and their relations with Nintendo.

On a related topic - I'd guess that not owning the Micro Machines license is what ultimately stopped Codemasters from taking that series as far as it could have gone. They are experts in racing games and could have developed Micro Machines as a franchise into a genuine contender in the vague market segment of Mario Kart.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Grumblevolcano

Can't say I expected September's announced N64 lineup to last Nintendo longer than a year. The remaining games are:

• Mario Party 3
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • 1080 Snowboarding
  • Excitebike 64
  • Harvest Moon 64 (Japan)

And N64 this month seems unlikely given they announced just the rest of the Super Mario Advance GBA games for next week. Which makes it seem there'll still be some left in October.

I will say though, Mario Party 3 still being absent does make me wonder if Superstars DLC or Superstars 2 releases in the 2nd half of this year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheBigBlue

@Grumblevolcano surely if that was the plan, then the dlc would be announced by now. But again, MK8 Deluxe waited over 5 years to get more DLC, but that is the best selling switch game, of course they would capitalize on it. I don’t know how successful Superstars was, that might be a factor if it gets dlc or not. I assume the pattern going forward will be N64 game(s) one month, GBA game(s) another and they continue alternating between them. Because Mario party 1 and 2 dropped together, and GBA is getting three games for the 26th of May. Alas, Kirby Amazing Mirror and Oracle of Ages/Seasons is still far off. One day, I will play those games on my switch and it will be perfect in the world again

Edited on by TheBigBlue

Grumblevolcano

@TheBigBlue Yeah, it does seem to be base NSO and GBA one month, N64 the next. Given March's base NSO lineup was a shadow drop, I could see them announce Super Mario Bros. Deluxe and Super Mario Land next week to complete the Mario platformer lineup for the existing NSO consoles.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheBigBlue

@Grumblevolcano yeah, I’d wager you are probably right. Get all the remaining Mario stuff out of the way and dumped onto the switch before the next console Gen in a year or two

MarioVillager92

Didn't expect Nintendo to throw in the rest of the Super Mario Advance remakes to the Switch's GBA lineup. They threw a curveball there, lol. I was kind of hoping they'd have any of the previously announced games next, but it is neat nonetheless. I'll probably just stick with the SNES versions of Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island, though.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Spider-Kev

Can someone explain the Switch Online to me?
I'm thinking about it but not yet sold on it.
I have VC games on the Wii, WiiU, 3DS
How do GBA games look on a 120" 1080p projector? Heck, how do all System games look on one that big?
Do we get monthly gold/silver coins?
Are there full games that are Membership only? Not counting the DLC for mario Kart / Animal Crossing...
Can I download and play any of the NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA/Genesis/N64 games offline, or is it only active internet?

XboX Username: SpiderKevM

kkslider5552000

I could not tell you personally about how it looks on anything, but barring a few N64 games that they had to slightly fix after release, they're on average considered to be better emulated than on past systems (I could not tell you how much better or everything that entails outside of not being weirdly darker like Wii U VC was).

The only full game is the online focused Tetris 99, outside of Pacman 99 which will sadly be taken offline in a few months. But they do have occasional game trials where you can download and play a full game for free for a few days.

You can only play older games with an active internet connection of some sort.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MarioVillager92

@Spider-Kev All the retro games on NSO honestly look great, including the GBA games that you've mentioned. I have a 55 inch 4K TV, but I would imagine they would look just as good on your projector. I never had a projector so I can't say for sure.

The silver (Nintendo calls them platinum) coins can be acquired by doing stuff like playing games online, playing a certain retro game on any of the NSO apps, and playing a game trial. The gold coins are acquired by buying games from the eShop, or by redeeming them from game cartridges. Though with the cartridges, the gold coins expire one year after a game in question comes out, so you'll have to redeem those before that happens. You'll always get gold coins from at least most eShop purchases, regardless of their release date.

Yes, as @kkslider5552000 mentioned, there's Tetris 99 and the game trials that you can check out with your NSO membership. There's also Pac-Man 99, you can still play that online for the time being until October comes around.

Those games do require the NSO subscription, yes. In the case of N64, GBA, and Genesis, you'll need the expansion pack sub. However, after booting them up, the console won't check for a subscription for a whole week. So for example, if you boot up the SNES app, and it says "checking if the software can be played" and it starts, you can play the SNES games without having to have an internet connection for one week. This is especially handy for when you're traveling or going on vacation, and you happen to have your Switch with you.

Hope I did a decent job explaining all that, and hope this helped!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Spider-Kev

@MarioLover92
Thanks
I'm kind of (not really, it is Nintendo) surprised that we don't get gold coins for the switch subscription. A handful every month would be nice, as it is a purchase. But only as long as subscribed

XboX Username: SpiderKevM

TheBigBlue

@Spider-Kev gold coins every month would be too good to be true. Those coins are meant to be saved up (or not) so you can get a game for free.

TheBigBlue

I dunno, I already played quite a bit of the original games, so the new GBA additions don’t cut it for me. I presume Amazing Mirror is next. I can’t believe I gotta wait two more months just for one GBA game

kms108

I haven't subscribe to the online service yet, there is one question, if i cancel the service after 1 year, all the downloads, will they be usable or they don't work is the subscription is cancelled.

Also is killer instinct available for download on the nintendo 64 download for the switch.

thanks

kms108

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic