Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 1,989

Tyranexx

@Fizza Oof, Yeah, that is a hefty download; I have the physical version (imported from the UK; cheaper than buying an ESRB copy). As for save files....My memory is a little foggy, but I believe there are multiple save slots. This is to allow for save switching, not to mention there is an autosave feature in the game. Autosaving is nice, but it can hamstring you in certain circumstances.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Stretchmo

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

MarioLover92

Looks like North America's getting a different game trial.

If I do play this one, it'd probably be only once because I'm not into fighting games. Kinda curious about that Ys game, honestly!

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Pokken Tournament is high on my list of Switch games I'd like to play but wouldn't spend much money on, so that's very good for me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

BrazillianCara

Didn't this game get a trial period roughly two years ago?
Hopefully I didn't delete my save that from that time.

BrazillianCara

Clyde_Radcliffe

Why does the screen look so small on Wave Race compared to the other N64 games? It has more black around it.

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

rockodoodle

I just got a Ps5 and it’s really cool that I can play some of my Vita games that had Ps4 compatibility or versions… also, if I renew my PS plus membership, I can play all the games I downloaded several years ago.

I wish Nintendo would do this in some capacity- allow us to access our digital purchases for at least some games. I would actually pay to be able to do this through subscription service….

rockodoodle

DarthNocturnal

So, Stadium 1 & 2 coming next year. Pokemon usually has major presentations early in a new year. Maybe by then, GB/C will be coming to NSO and they'll announce 1st and 2nd gen for it, and let us use our teams in Stadium? One can hope. Rentals aren't exactly ideal.

Never did get to play Pilotwings 64 or Excitebike 64, so that's cool.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbox), Final Fantasy IX (Xbox), Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

Fizza

MARIO PARTY YESSSSSSSSSS.

I've been holding off on Super/Superstars on the off chance that the N64 entries would get added to NSO EP. SO GLAD I LISTENED TO MY INTUITION BABY!

Oh and Goldeneye's pretty cool too I guess

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
I will be on Splatoon brainrot for the next month, apologies in advance
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

Sunsy

As a PC gamer who hates paid online, the inclusion of Pokemon Stadium and GoldenEye is making me consider getting 1 year of the Expansion Pack. Just to experience GoldenEye at least. Going to wait for now. Will most likely go back to the base membership after it expires if I do.

I'm just glad the got whatever legal hurdles the game had to get it to both Switch Online Expansion Pack and Xbox Game Pass were resolved.

Pokemon Stadium does make me wonder, if Game Boy came to Switch Online with classic Pokemon, would that potentially allow the transfer pack functions. I know this isn't official, but just food for thought.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

DarthNocturnal

I wonder if they've done anything to the NSO release of Goldeneye. Xbox has better performance and updated controls. If NSO is just the original game emulated without any tweaks... I guess it's better then nothing?

EDIT: Apparently only the NSO version has online play, probably via the same method used for all NSO titles... but then, wouldn't it still be in splitscreen?

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Now Playing: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbox), Final Fantasy IX (Xbox), Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

Fizza

Sunsy wrote:

Pokemon Stadium does make me wonder, if Game Boy came to Switch Online with classic Pokemon, would that potentially allow the transfer pack functions. I know this isn't official, but just food for thought.

First thing I checked when rewatching the trailer and the answer is sadly a cold hard no
Untitled

Sunsy

@Fizza Aww, that's a bummer. Good eye, I missed that too while watching the Direct.

Sunsy

DarthNocturnal

Unless maybe they only mean the newer games... we got bamboozled by the fine print.

Eel

Fizza wrote:

Sunsy wrote:

First thing I checked when rewatching the trailer and the answer is sadly a cold hard no
Untitled

(Sad Eel noises)

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioLover92

@Sunsy I gotta be honest, the Mario Party games are what's making me want the expansion pack. I'd love to play those online. I wouldn't mind playing GoldenEye, either.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I'll be honest, I was not expecting Mario Party this soon, consider y'know...the Superstars release. And tbh, Superstars is probably a vastly better option to play online, but even still, I would've thought they wouldn't want to do that.

Goldeneye is bizarre to me, since Nintendo has gotten exactly one 3rd party game on the N64 NSO, and then decided to get the one that was arguably the most difficult to get. Like they had to collaborate with both Microsoft and checks Eon Productions, and possibly others too, just to get this. When you consider all the far easier 3rd party games that aren't on NSO, its just very weird to me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

@kkslider5552000 Microsoft also benefits a lot from Goldeneye, it's a 2 way thing. A strong Day 1 on Game Pass release in a year that's very weak for Game Pass and Rare Replay is more complete (the Xbox trailer has the Rare Replay logo). Goldeneye appears on so many "best games of all time" lists so to be able to say that's on Game Pass is a very big deal.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@kkslider5552000 @Grumblevolcano I think what puzzles me the most about this whole thing (apart from the fact that it's actually happening) is that the Xbox version of Goldeneye doesn't have online play....yet the SWITCH version does. This feels like it should be swapped around, doesn't it? I mean I'm not complaining: I'd love to play some online Goldeneye wherever. Just don't pick Oddjob ok: I've heard horror stories about him.

Edited on by Fizza

DarthNocturnal

It'll be splitscreen, though. You'll only have ½ or ¼ the screen real estate, even when playing online. So it's there... just not ideal. Especially if your friends are screen peakers.

Still odd that Xbox doesn't have it though. They added it to the Perfect Dark remaster...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic