Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 1,941

kkslider5552000

If they put Gameboy games on there, and they let you connect your NSO Gameboy Pokemon with your NSO Pokemon Stadium, that would be awesome. That'd actually be super cool. I doubt they would actually do that, but it would legit be a real NSO selling point for some people.

But at this point I'll legitimately just take "not slowing releases to a crawl". I could say the entire concept of licensed games being off the table is in question after Playstation's new retro lineup thing has Toy Story 2, but I'm willing to ignore that if they just keep up what momentum there is.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

DarthNocturnal

Mega Man: The Wily Wars eh? Wasn't expecting that. At least save states will be easier to use then they are on Genesis Mini.

I hope they plan on adding Phantasy Star 2 and 3 before too long. I started 4 on Genesis Mini... but then Genesis was added to NSO Expac, along with 4. Learned about the Sega AGES release of the original on Switch, and I bought it during the current sale. Once I'm through that, I'd like to play the rest... but they need to add them first.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbox), Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Xbox), Sonic Origins (Xbox), Codename S.T.E.A.M (3DS), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

Fizza

This new batch of Mega Drive games came out whilst I was away so I haven't been able to give them a shake until now and, ever since I learned the game lineup, there's been a question burning in my mind: is Mega Man: The Wily Wars a good game to start with in the series? I haven't got the Legacy Collections yet (though plan on doing so at some point in the future) and, when it's basically free when you have NSO, I'm very tempted to play this one. If anyone here with experience with could let me know whether to play it or not, I'd very much appreciate it.

Definitely checking out the other ones like Comix Zone and Zero Wing as well though.

Currently Playing: Street Fighter Alpha 2
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'Am I a Renegade or a Roundup?' - my sister playing MK8 RR.
458/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 95

Kermit1

@kkslider5552000 and they could connect to HOME. On the 3DS if you transfer Pokemon from say Red
to Bank then to HOME (both have the mark I think) it has an Gameboy Mark. And maybe if you have save data for Red you get a free Mew for connecting to HOME and for Stadium a Lugia (or something).

Tons of possibilities

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

kkslider5552000

I wonder if Nintendo's considered getting some of those rare games that actually came out on NES/SNES long after Nintendo was done with them. Like if Nintendo added Battle Kid or the NES demake of Retro City Rampage.

I keep thinking of good ideas that will sadly probably never happen.

FragRed

@kkslider5552000 Nintendo barely updates the SNES or NES library as is, and they seem to find obscure average games when they do. Right now, the focus seems to be on the N64 and Mega Drive expansion.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Grumblevolcano

July's game (July 15th) is Pokemon Puzzle League which didn't come to Japan. Meanwhile Japan gets Custom Robo and Custom Robo V2:

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

ooooh

thanks Nintendo! Please give SE a bag of money to give us Mischief Makers next! (...assuming they have the license for it)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

MarioLover92

Fizza wrote:

is Mega Man: The Wily Wars a good game to start with in the series? I haven't got the Legacy Collections yet (though plan on doing so at some point in the future) and, when it's basically free when you have NSO, I'm very tempted to play this one. If anyone here with experience with could let me know whether to play it or not, I'd very much appreciate it.

If you have NSO + Expansion, I don't see why not, since you'd get a taste of what Mega Man is like. I do prefer the NES versions of the Mega Man games, though. The Wily Wars versions of MM1-3 are somewhat slower than the NES originals, that's pretty much why. My apologies for the late reply. I just saw your post and I saw that no one responded to you.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Fizza

Right: now that Pokemon Puzzle League is hitting the N64 service (with back to back Pokemon games now that I think about it), there's something I've got to ask: how the hell do you play Panel de Pon? I've tried it many times on the SNES service but I just can't make it work no matter what I do. Does anyone here have some tips or a good tutorial they could link because I really want to like it (since I adore similar games like Tetris and Puyo Puyo) but that language barrier is rough.

@MarioLover92 Ah, I see. I might hold off on playing it until I play the originals then since the only Mega Man game I've played so far is the demo for 11 on the eShop but it'll definitely be cool to have such a unique version of those 3 games once I do play them for the first time.

MarioLover92

@Fizza Sounds good, then. I found a translated version of the Panel de Pon tutorial, too. I hope this helps!

Pokemon Puzzle League should have an in-game tutorial as well, though I haven't played that version that much - we only rented it way back when. If anyone can confirm that, that'd be great.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Truegamer79

So i hear the N64 games add on for switch online is 50 dollars or something. Does anyone think that's worth it? I'm debating on whether i really want it.

Truegamer79

kkslider5552000

Truegamer79 wrote:

So i hear the N64 games add on for switch online is 50 dollars or something. Does anyone think that's worth it? I'm debating on whether i really want it.

You should actually look into what is currently in the NSO Expansion Pack before deciding.

I would probably not recommend it if all you want is the N64 games though.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Grumblevolcano

Next batch of NES and SNES games:

Kirby's Avalanche
Fighter's History
Daiva Story 6

Japan gets Kirby's Super Star Stacker instead of Kirby's Avalanche.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

So, Sidewalk Fighter, Kirby's Mean Puyo Puyo (or should that be "poyo"?) Machine, and... well, I rarely say no to a shump.

Super Star Stacker was actually a Nintendo Power (not the magazine) exclusive game. Interesting.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbox), Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Xbox), Sonic Origins (Xbox), Codename S.T.E.A.M (3DS), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

Fizza

I'm so excited for Kirby's Avalanche. I recently got heavily addicted to Puyo Puyo between Mean Bean Machine and Super Puyo Puyo 2 so getting the Kirby equivalent on top of that? I am about to put SO many hours into it.

Also, whilst we're on the topic, we have to give special mention to one of the greatest voice lines in video game history.

javierferrerm

I'm sorry if this is not the place, but could someone point me out in the direction of a thread where people create NSO Expansion Packs Family Plans? I swear I have read posts on these forums trying to arrange it, but it beats me if it was here or article comments or I don't know.

javierferrerm

Fizza

This is absolutely bonkers.

I've just tested this myself on NSO and, sure enough, it works perfectly. Who would've thought the multiplayer in Wii wasn't new, but rather a homage?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic