Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 2,230

kkslider5552000

Mostly I feel like Nintendo just needs to make the logical improvement NSO had a year in compared to when it started. Having SNES games and those couple of battle toyale games and some free trials...did not make NSO make complete sense to me, but at least made its pricing make sense.

But both now and then, I'm confused on why Nintendo wouldn't bring up as much as it could for why this is actually a good deal. I guess NSO was required for online, so it didn't matter, but waiting until the day before release to tell people SNES games would be added is...bizarre. I don't understand why you would present your product to be worse than what it will be. (its especially weird since back on Wii U they brought up adding N64 games to VC at least a year before it happened)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ninfan

Why is there 2 paper mario games released for NSO, what's the difference between the two.

Ninfan

Grumblevolcano

@Ninfan PAL has 50Hz gameplay but extra language support meanwhile NTSC has 60Hz gameplay but English only.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

I took quite a bit of time to beat Winback, which is proof I'm doing my best to get my money's worth. I'm not gonna say I didn't enjoy my time with it, but no one needs to bother to complete this game.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

JaxonH

I'm playing Paper Mario. It's so good. I love this game!

Of all the other games released, none were enough to keep me playing. I sunk thousands of hours into Mario Kart 64 as a kid. Beat Mario 64. Etc etc.

The first batch of games were fun for a week trying out but then I moved on.

But Paper Mario? THIS is one of the few N64 games I will actually play to completion. It's one of the few that still hold up when compared to modern games. I'm loving it.

I can't think of a single other N64 game I'd actually bother playing through to completion. I'll play F-Zero X, but that's a short burst game. And the Zeldas dont interest me- would rather play on 3DS. Same for Star Fox. And Banjo... I'm not convinced I'll like that game (never was a fan of 3D Rare games, but we'll see).

But this here? This Paper Mario is pure gold.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BrazillianCara

Something I hope they will do eventually (sooner than later) is some sort of customer survey with NSO subscribers globally, to get data on how many people got the expansion pack, the reasons why they did/didn't, and what could be improved. I'm not as belligerent as some people about it, but they will need to make some significant changes before I decide to upgrade.

BrazillianCara

skywake

Really enjoying Paper Mario, it's one of very few N64 games that hasn't really aged a day. Even visually. I mean obviously the low resolution text/textures stand out especially when it's now being rendered at a higher resolution. But a game based on cardboard/paper for a system that could only really do low-poly models and sprites? It just never ages. Doesn't hurt that the gameplay + dialogue is top tier either. Definitely playing this one through again

Side note, had an early family Christmas get together thing yesterday. I dragged some people into Mario Kart 64, dominated, then was baited into playing Mario Kart 8 with the N64 controller. Seems the Mario Kart skills of people who grew up in the late Wii/early 3DS era don't translate well to Mario Kart 64. At all. And also the N64 controller works well in Mario Kart 8 but is a significant handicap, possibly just the lack of muscle memory on that controller with Mario Kart 8's play style.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I took quite a bit of time to beat Winback, which is proof I'm doing my best to get my money's worth. I'm not gonna say I didn't enjoy my time with it, but no one needs to bother to complete this game.

Honestly it's the one game on the service I haven't even bothered with yet.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

BrazillianCara

I'm glad to hear that people are enjoying Paper Mario, and that there doesn't seem to be any (relevant) technical issues with the emulation.

BrazillianCara

JaxonH

I can't do the N64 controller for analog games. It's a wonder I didn't mind using that controller as a kid, cause it's crazy uncomfortable.

I like owning it, but after trying it again for Paper Mario, no more. Dpad games, sure. But that middle grip points your hands so awkwardly its a pain to hold and use. Immediately went back to Pro Controller and was like, ahhhh, now that's a controller! Seriously love the Pro Controller so much. Most ergonomic controller ever made. I do prefer the PS5 controller's rumble and the Xbox controller's Dpad, but all in all, it's got it where it counts. Way more comfy than PS/Xbox controllers, still has quality rumble and Gyro, digital triggers which I prefer, and gets way longer battery life. It just melts in the hand.

Anyways, Paper Mario with Pro Controller plays great. Holding ZR activates the yellow buttons as the face buttons, kinda how Steam Controller lets you bind activators to certain buttons. It's brilliant. Hold ZR and press A to Switch partners, hold ZR and press X for status bar, etc.

Game is so good, too. As soon as Steam Deck releases I'm playing Thousand Year Door. Ya, I can do it now with GPD Win 2, but cross save with the PC is a pain, having to copy the save file buried in the config folder and transferring across the network. Meh. I can wait.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

@JaxonH as a kid I would usually hold the controller with my right had, resting it on my lap and move the joystick with both the index finger and thumb of my left hand.

I would reach for the Z button with my middle or ring finger when needed.

It worked… At least for the simpler games 😅

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

kkslider5552000

Well at this rate, NSO is at least jumping over that low bar its set.

yokokazuo
Got my Japanese Megadrive controller in. Here’s a look at it with the rest of the NSO controllers.
It’s a lot smaller than I had realized in comparison.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Octane

Kirby 64 is ranked among the Switch Online N64 titles in an article bij NLife. However I'm not seeing it when I open the app. Is this a regional thing?

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane That list includes all the games that were announced back in September, not just the games that are currently on the app. The ones not yet on the app that were announced are:

• Banjo-Kazooie
  • Kirby 64
  • F-Zero X
  • Mario Golf
  • Majora's Mask
  • Pokemon Snap

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano lol that's kinda stupid. I got excited and downloaded the app.

Any word on when it's coming?

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane No, all we know about more specific release timing for the remaining 6 games is that Banjo-Kazooie is releasing sometime in January.

Grumblevolcano

Lony85

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RWrWuXE6RHw
(Link to Banjo-Kazooie trailer with release date)

So according to the video I posted above, Nintendo announced that Banjo-Kazooie would be available too play on January 20th (so today), yet the game is still not on the N64 app (I just checked... again).

It's almost 5pm out here, I don't want to come off as entitled or anything, however, given today is the day it was supposed to join N64 app, I honestly expected it to be up by now. I'm honestly disappointed as I was planning on spending the day playing Banjo-Kazooie and we'll I haven't been able to do so.

Lony85

Switch Friend Code: SW-7613-6555-4505

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic