Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 2,230

Fizza

@Lony85 I was jebaited as well. It was only after I tried to get it that I realized that the UK trailer said the 21st, meaning that there must be some time zone shenanigans going on. It's currently 11pm here in Ireland so try again in an hour if you're desperate to play it.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Lony85 The UK trailer says January 21st so release timing is in like 2-3 hours.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Lony85

@Grumblevolcano Oh, I see.

I'll still keep an eye out for it, hopefully I'll get a chance e to play it for a bit, once the kids go to bed.

Lony85

Switch Friend Code: SW-7613-6555-4505

Grumblevolcano

It's out now:

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tendo64

Started playing it using handheld (haven't played in docked yet), and it runs well. Some of the controls take a little getting used to though.

Great to play it again on a Nintendo system.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

yokokazuo

I’m still waiting on the next NES/SNES Online update.
It’s disappointing that we haven’t had a single new game for roughly half a year now. I expected that we would have seen an update by the end of this month, but Tuesday is probably the latest we would have to wait for an announcement.
There’s a generally good and sizeable collection available at least, but still some key releases that could still arrive: Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Ufouria (not as notable, but one of my favourite NES games when I discovered it on Wii U), and in Japan Gaiden and Thracia 776 still have yet to release.
Having N64 games release once a month is nice at least, roughly the same as the NES/SNES which was 3-4 games every 2-3 months.
And time will tell when the next Genesis update will be. Could be monthly like the N64, or perhaps bimonthly to spread it out a bit.

Though just speculation, a nice way they could spread it out would be NES/SNES every other month, and Genesis on the other months to fill in the gaps. Maybe a month skipped once in awhile, but on top of the N64 releases, it could be a decent way to keep the releases feeling more consistent.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Grumblevolcano

So it's 1 a month and we've gotten so far:

• December - Paper Mario
  • January - Banjo-Kazooie
  • February - Majora's Mask

The remaining already announced games are:

• F-Zero X
  • Kirby 64
  • Pokemon Snap
  • Mario Golf

So I'm going to predict the order is:

• March - F-Zero X
  • April - Pokemon Snap
  • May - Kirby 64 (giving Forgotten Land some room)
  • June - Mario Golf

Grumblevolcano

k8sMum

@Tendo64
Im stuck. What combo do I use when the Z button is needed? I can't get the beak barge attack to work.

Edited on by k8sMum

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Tendo64

k8sMum wrote:

@Tendo64
Im stuck. What combo do I use when the Z button is needed? I can't get the beak barge attack to work.

Beak barge is ZL + B.

I had trouble working out shooting eggs forward. Turns out the right stick is needed there. Bit awkward.

Fizza

I've been having a mostly fantastic time in BK so far. Lots of stuff to grab, massive and constantly expanding moveset, charming characters, amazing music and impressively vibrant and varied locals for N64 standards. There is one thing however that just makes me want to rip my hair out: the notes. OH GOD THE NOTES. I don't mind having 100 in each level, nor that they're spaced out. It's the fact that if you die, you have to get them ALL. OVER. AGAINNNNN. I was 10 notes away in Bubblegloop Swamp when I accidentally walked in the poison because the camera was behind a wall and died. I just decided that I'll grab each one I see thats attainable and worry about getting them after beating the game because it'll save me tons of stress that would otherwise prevent me from actually beating this wonderful gem of a game.

Edited on by Fizza

Tendo64

That feature is a godsend on the Xbox version.

I have the game downloaded onto my Series X and my dilemma is, play it in handheld on Switch, or stick with Xbox and have notes saved. For the moment I've gone with Switch, more for the novelty of playing it on Nintendo again, and in handheld mode. That and I've forked out for the Online expansion membership, too. I'm sure it's going to test my patience when the time comes to face losing all my notes in a given world, however.

On another note, I've just opened Clanker's Cavern, which I'll take on later. The first two worlds are like riding a bike - just know where everything is and how to do it. Clanker's Cavern will test my patience for the millionth time with the game's god-awful swimming mechanics.

k8sMum

@Tendo64
Thanks so much. I'm using the pro controller and it feels a bit wonky. May have to see if the joy cons are better.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

kkslider5552000

No matter what negative things I've said and might continue to say about NSO, I'm really glad I got the Expansion Pack (for cheaper via the family deal, big caveat here). Having Paper Mario, Banjo Kazooie and Majora's Mask on a modern console is as objectively a good thing as possible from this, and I'm glad I personally didn't have to buy them individually (even if I strongly approve of being able to do so).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

skywake

Honestly I've been playing N64 games more than anything else on the Switch ATM so I can't really complain about NSO

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Fizza

So I've been playing A LOT of Banjo Kazooie this past while and I've to the conclusion that, whenever you don't know what to do, eggs are always the answer, sadly unlike in real life. There have been so many situations irl where all I've wanted to do after a long spat of arguing is just conjure up an egg from nothingness and it solves all my problems (ok maybe not that specific but you get my point). What a world that would be.

WiiWareWave

How's the N64 emulator on NSO + Expansion? Has the poor emulation been improved upon since launch? 🤔

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Well they just fixed some issues with OOT, but I dunno if anything else was improved.

skywake

@TowaHerschel7 @kkslider5552000
I also saw a video claiming the input lag has been improved in SM64, down to one frame which is probably good enough I'd say. The game over crash in the US version of Paper Mario is still there but.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Ninfan

Was there no new game for the mega drive with the NSO ?

Ninfan

kkslider5552000

Based on the last update it seems like those will be separate from the N64 updates.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic