Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 1,626

Snatcher

@YusseiWarrior3000 Same here man, I want the whole damn thing, my god talking to you has made me hyped for this thing! thanks.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Grumblevolcano

@MarioBrickLayer I'd guess Master System and TurboGrafx-16 would be next for non-Nintendo systems. Wii VC had both (along with Genesis).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

YusseiWarrior3000

@Snatcher Hahaha, really??
Happy to hear that

RIDING DUEL~ ACCELERATION!
If you want to see what games I'm playing, go to the "Games" section of my profile :)

Mario Kart Tour Friend Code: 8974 4719 2088

Switch Friend Code: SW-4897-6636-0388 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-7015-0490 | My Nintendo: MantaroTM | Nintendo Network ID: mantaro654

Snatcher

@BrazillianCara No way in hell there doing that, Thats stupid.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

YusseiWarrior3000

@Snaplocket 30 dollars??
Do you know math my friend??

If you want to see what games I'm playing, go to the "Games" section of my profile :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-4897-6636-0388 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-7015-0490 | My Nintendo: MantaroTM | Nintendo Network ID: mantaro654

DarthNocturnal

It could be they meant $30 extra if you have no sub in the first place.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

YusseiWarrior3000

@DarthNocturnal Heck no.

DarthNocturnal

@YusseiWarrior3000

Uh, heck yes? If you're going from no sub to sub + expansion pack, and assuming said pack is an extra $10, then you are paying $30.

I didn't mean those without a sub pay $20 + $30, because... I mean it's kinda easy to see just how grossly unfair that is.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

YusseiWarrior3000

@DarthNocturnal We don't even know the pricing yet lol

Sunsy

@MarioBrickLayer Honestly, while I am critical over Nintendo doing the paid online stuff that Xbox and PlayStation has done (as a long time fan of your games, shame on you Nintendo), I will admit, I do kind of like the idea that I can play classic games on Switch for an annual fee. Honestly, I feel if multiplayer wasn't tacked on and it was just a Netflix-like experience for classic games, I think it would be better received.

With that said, I'm not considering upgrading right away, I have Sega Genesis Classics on Switch and about half of those N64 games on my Wii U. If they were to add Game Boy Advance, and the price is cheap, I wouldn't mind it as I can only play those on my GBA. Would love to have another option for the Sonic Advance games personally (provided they add those games).

As for me being critical about the service, sorry, I'm also a PC gamer in addition to being a Nintendo fan. I have strong opinions against the idea of paying to play games I already paid for online. Right now, I can go online on my PC games for no additional cost beyond buying a game. That's the way online should be. Multiplayer is a feature in the game, you pay for that when you buy the game.

Sorry, that's how I feel about paid online multiplayer. Will say, I do like the NES and SNES stuff, even if that's an unpopular opinion.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

DarthNocturnal

@YusseiWarrior3000

We don't. But $10 is a common guess, so I went with that for my example.

YusseiWarrior3000

Nah...it would probably be around 3-4 euros.

skywake

Ventilator wrote:

Nintendo Switch account is linked with Wii U account for people who owned Wii U.
Pinball FX tables. 100% still have to be purchased again on Switch even when you already paid for the tables on Wii U.
PinballFX tables bought on the old Xbox 360. Transferred purchases to Xbox One, Series X and even Windows 10 at no extra cost. On top of it, Microsoft is in forefront with free game upgrades to new-gen consoles, but also free cross-system version.

If you've seen any of my posts on any of the Switch speculation/rumour threads regarding "Switch Pro" you'd know I was on the same page as you here. To be fair in terms of the VC Nintendo did partially honour VC purchases from the Wii but outside of that purchases haven't carried. Which is why I don't at all miss the "buy one game at a time" approach the VC had. Sure a subscription is an ongoing fee but if lives beyond the Switch then the games carry over, or at least something carries over

Not that I'm personally expecting something after "Switch" for a long while. But that's another discussion.

edit: random other advantage of NSO, you can also just create an account and download the Japanese version. Which is again trivial if you're emulating to be fair, but it's also a very cheap way to get copies from a different region legitimately

Edited on by skywake

Some Aussie musics: Pond, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MarioBrickLayer

@Grumblevolcano I wonder if they would do a "hand held" launch, they could add Game Boy and Game Boy Colour to the standard tier and GBA + Game Gear to the Expansion Pass?

SEGA Saturn could be another consideration?

MarioBrickLayer

Ventilator

skywake wrote:

Ventilator wrote:

Nintendo Switch account is linked with Wii U account for people who owned Wii U.
Pinball FX tables. 100% still have to be purchased again on Switch even when you already paid for the tables on Wii U.
PinballFX tables bought on the old Xbox 360. Transferred purchases to Xbox One, Series X and even Windows 10 at no extra cost. On top of it, Microsoft is in forefront with free game upgrades to new-gen consoles, but also free cross-system version.

If you've seen any of my posts on any of the Switch speculation/rumour threads regarding "Switch Pro" you'd know I was on the same page as you here. To be fair in terms of the VC Nintendo did partially honour VC purchases from the Wii but outside of that purchases haven't carried. Which is why I don't at all miss the "buy one game at a time" approach the VC had. Sure a subscription is an ongoing fee but if lives beyond the Switch then the games carry over, or at least something carries over

Not that I'm personally expecting something after "Switch" for a long while. But that's another discussion.

edit: random other advantage of NSO, you can also just create an account and download the Japanese version. Which is again trivial if you're emulating to be fair, but it's also a very cheap way to get copies from a different region legitimately

Yeah. I don't hang much around the forum, so i haven't seen your other posts.
If a Switch Pro comes, it's a bigger chance purchases may transfer that time.

As for the pricing of VC games in a sub. You can also pay for 1 month at a time perhaps, and not 12 months which makes it even cheaper. 10$ extra yearly for NSO isn't much anyway if that's the price they go for.

Ventilator

My Nintendo: V3ntilator

MarioBrickLayer

@Sunsy How do PC online games cover the costs of running the servers? That's the main cost Nintendo need to offset with the monthly/annual fee.

MarioBrickLayer

Sunsy

@MarioBrickLayer Simple answer, buying the game covers the cost of whatever matchmaking service or master server list for dedicated servers (FPS games use the latter more) the game publishers use.

Also, individual players can host games, which again doesn't cost anything beyond buying the game, some developers even provide the software to host a dedicated server if one wanted to (Valve and Id Software are good examples of developers who have done this).

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

BabyYoda71

So... I just realized I was getting Game Boys and Gamecubes mixed up again yesterday... so ignore all the times I said the GB was newer than the N64, that was a lie.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ToadBrigade

So, full disclosure here: I have never touched an N64 controller. However, looking at that layout, it seems like using any other controller will force you to use the right stick for the c buttons. That just seems like it would feel really unnatural, so I’m beginning to think buying the N64 controller might be worth it (I do plan on using the app a lot). But what do you guys think? Should I spend the $50 for the authentic experience? Is there a third party equivalent that you would recommend instead? Also, would it even be possible to get my hands on one, or do they usually sell out within 10 minutes like so many other Nintendo products?

Hollow Knight for Smash!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic