Forums

Topic: Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,650

Fizza

@SViper I chickened out myself and just bought the DLC from a retailer I had already bought stuff from in the past but I'll definitely be looking into CDKeys for older DLC that wouldn't be as important to nab immediately (e.g. Fire Emblem's Expansion Passes).

also sorry to bother you but would you be up for a quick trading session? Gotta get some trade evos from the DLC sorted out

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Pizzamorg

Anyone got any anecdotes with the DLC? It seems to have almost no buzz at all in my bubble, and the reviews are all over the place. Seems like the DLC is good, but your tolerance for poor performance can make or break the experience. I feel like I am quite sensitive to these things so wondering if I should be holding off.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

SViper

@Fizza invite me in Discord for those and future help with in game stuff aquasviper my ID is. I will always help when I'm free.

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Fizza

@SViper Sorry, I don't use Discord for personal reasons. I am available through Twitter DM's if you wanted to organise it there?

Rozetta

Damn. Just beat Ougre Oustin on Hard but since I did not clear the Normal, I did not receive the shiny Munchlax. ;_;

Favorite consoles:
1º) DS
2º) Master System
3º) Wii

VoidofLight

@Pizzamorg It’s way better than Sword and Shield’s DLC in terms of gameplay, and I like the area design. Just depends on if you can tolerate the glitchy mess that is SV. The FPS got worse in this new area introduced in the DLC somehow. My favorite part is the story, or at least the overarching stuff they’ve been setting up with it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

SViper

@Fizza TheSViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

XandertheWise

When does that Mewtwo thing end anyway?

XandertheWise

VoidofLight

Finished Teal Mask tonight, and I have to say that while it wasn’t the greatest thing, it did it’s job in hooking me for the next part of the DLC. The characters are pretty well written, and the story was fun for what basically was just a small bite-sized adventure. It sets things up for the second part, which seems to be the real meat of the DLC; given that it’s effectively the post-game content of Scarlet and Violet.

Dom_31

I read that Dipplin is compatible with eviolite?

Are we getting a badass pseudo apple dragon in the next part of the dlc? Was it a good thing I forgot to evolve my Granny Smith Applin?

Dom_31

VoidofLight

@Dom_31 seems like it could potentially evolve again. Would be strange though for Dipplin to be the line that gets another stage.

XandertheWise

today the last day for that Mewtwo Tera Raid thing? i was kind of hoping it would stick around for today at least

XandertheWise

Pizzamorg

I ended up picking up the pass, my sister wanted it and I buy most of her games for her, then get myself a copy so we can share the experience. Haven't had a huge amount of time to play it yet, but finished the very easy opening battle against Carmine and did some exploring. I have to say there is a weird magic to this game, just this childlike excitement of knowing I have a new place to explore and Pokemon discover, maybe it is just nostalgia at work, but whatever the source, it gives me feelings unlike really any other game.

VoidofLight

@Pizzamorg Not only just that, but the feeling and vibe of the game, and specifically these two DLCs just feels different from how pokemon tends to feel. They're seriously seeming to attempt unique story concepts and ideas from the norm. Give characters proper character and growth, instead of just being cardboard cutouts. They're even trying again with the lore, making something that I feel more attached to than I did with Gen 4's lore. Walking away from Part 1, this is basically the most invested I've felt in a Main-line pokemon's storyline, to the point where I'm curious what's going to happen next.

Dom_31

@VoidofLight people keep saying scarlet and violet try to do new things but I'm like... We've had that with each game besides XY (which are huge pieces of... You know) since Gen 5 and I felt like only ultra kind of stumbled because they REMOVED the best parts of the story but even SwSh had good characters even if the story kind of blew.

Either way tho... I'm looking forward to a badass apple dragon lol

Dom_31

VoidofLight

@Dom_31 I've been playing the series for a while, and I've played Sun and Moon, Black and White, Diamond and Pearl, and Platinum. The stuff they're doing in Scarlet and Violet isn't really remotely the same. Sure, they did the whole "evil team isn't evil" thing in Sun and Moon and Sword and Shield, but that wasn't really what I claimed they did different. The series has never done something like have the professor be dead the entire game, with their likeness being used by a walking sentient ai. Or something like a rival who genuinely starts out friendly and slowly warps into a villain because of our own actions. A good number of the things SV did with it's story are actually pretty unique for the series. Stuff not done before.

Pizzamorg

I finished the DLC. Kind of a weird thing to put into words, because I enjoyed it when I was playing it and then it was over and it was like... oh, is that it?

Whatever limitations this dev team appear to be facing, I think this whole DLC suffers because of it. You are whisked away to this new land, but it is just never very interesting, diverse or interactive. It almost just feels like this small patch of left over bits from the main game glued together.

Rather than creating a nice suite of dedicated Pokemon for this expansion, it is mostly just returning Pokemon from other titles. They can say they are technically new for this game but it isn't quite the same. Pokemon are still Pokemon, so they do the job, but I wasn't really stumbling on anything in the wild that made me go 'wow'.

The story is serviceable but fairly basic. I know this is one of those things, but I still think Pokemon games suffer from a lack of VA and proper animation. There are some emotional moments here that might have lifted the story beyond its own basic trappings, but they were just basically lost for me because it is text on the screen and characters rotating through the same 3 or 4 near static poses to convey things. It is a basic story told with the absolute most basic presentation on top.

In terms of the content, it is basically just a couple of battles and then you are done. And sure that is Pokemon, but Pokemon should be more than a couple of mostly throwaway battles you can bash out in an hour or two. Even if it is a DLC. You can maybe stretch it longer if you really want to like 100% it all, but I don't really know why you would.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Grumblevolcano

Japan are getting physical versions of Scarlet/Violet + Hidden Treasure of Area Zero on November 3rd:

But like wave 6 of the Booster Course Pass, Indigo Disk isn't on the cart.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano When did a Definitive* Edition for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe get announced? First time I'm hearing of this 🤔

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic