Forums

Topic: Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 1,650

Bolt_Strike

@Reyren In your case, no. The stories were okay, but nothing to write home about. SwSh's DLC was (and I suspect SV's DLC will be as well) more about collecting the new and returning Pokemon than anything else. So if you feel nothing for the new Pokemon and don't care about the Pokedex you probably won't enjoy the DLC much.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Eel

SwSh’s dlc did have storylines and fun activities beyond “complete the dex and train”.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

I'm confused, I thought the Tera Raid battles were version exclusive (i.e. you can only catch Walking Wake in Scarlet and Iron Leaves in Violet)? But I was able to join battles for both in Scarlet.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ulysses

@Reyren I disagree with @Bolt_Strike

I think Scarlet/Violet's DLC will be even better than Sw/Sh's DLC. The Teal Mask hints toward a decent amount of story: going to a festival, exploring a new island, and uncovering the mystery behind its myth. The Indigo Plate will feature an academy bent around Pokemon battling, so I imagine there will be a decent amount of battling objectives to complete in the second wave as well.

So yes, @Reyren I believe the DLC will ultimately be worth it for you. Just my two cents.

@Grumblevolcano The exclusive aspect is, only Scarlet players can find a Walking Wake tera raid crystal, and vice versa. But anyone can join either raid, regardless of version.

I mean logically, it's just like how other version-exclusive Pokemon can be traded to other versions.

In fact, Violet players can even host a Union Circle, and Scarlet players can join and run around in the Violet region and catch Violet-exclusive Pokemon directly.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Bolt_Strike

@Grumblevolcano You can only catch one natively in your game but you're free to join any raid from either version, it's not as if Scarlet players can only join raids with other Scarlet players. The version exclusivity is for which one appears natively in your game, not which one you can catch overall, you can join whatever raid you want to catch whatever you want.

I did the same, I have Violet so Iron Leaves spawned in my native raid, but I managed to join a raid battle with a Scarlet player to get Walking Wake. It's probably best that anyone that has an NSO subscription attempt the same since you only get 1 per save file, it'd be difficult to trade for the opposite version.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Fizza

.....yeah. Maybe leave SV for a while until a fix for this is discovered?

(@LiamDoolan @antdickens might be good to run an article on this)

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

card-crunch78

Guess who just caught a Walking Wake and Iron Leaves? Me! (with help from a way smarter friend)

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Ulysses

Noo I missed out on Iron Leaves! Thankfully the egg glitch happened so that GF will initiate a rerun of the tera raid in April xD

Ulysses

card-crunch78

Unlike other players, I don't give a hoot about shinies.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

theepictorkoal

Does anybody know if offline multiplayer will cause Tera Raid dens to refresh with Pokémon Portal? I haven't checked Pokémon Portal since the Walking Wake and Iron Leaves Ters Raid events ended so I can still battle them, but I wanted to keep them spawning in both versions in case some friends I meet up with in person would like to catch them as well.

theepictorkoal

Sisilly_G

Is anybody willing to part with a Zarude?

I missed out on the Sw/Sh event back when, and it's pretty much the only Pokémon that I've never been able to obtain legitimately.

I have Legend Arceus shinies and unhatched 3-segment Dudunsparce and family of three Tandemaus eggs if they're of any interest.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

SViper

Wow, The Pokémon Company, almost 23 hours ago, reuploaded August 8th Pokémon SV DLC regular (4:07) trailer from Presents and Presents it self probably due they used fan made music and they don't want credit fans when they use they work...

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Fizza

I'm sorry the matcha Pokemon has a KILL COUNT?!

Eel

Is this Mewtwo raid impossible or what

The closest I've been to beat it, was with a full mew team, none of us fainted even once, but at most we only managed to get it to half hp before time ran out.

Edit: phew finally. That took many many tries, and some heavy investment into making sure my Mew was actually contributing.

In the end, I found the perfect team combo of three offensive bug-type mews, and one support mew that made sure mewtwo stayed weakened and we stayed healthy.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fizza

Hey folks, wanted to pop in here to ask a question in regards to buying the DLC.

So I've been looking into how exactly I should go about grabbing the Hidden Treasure of Area Zero (henceforth shortened to HTAZ) since I've seen a bunch of ways I could potentially pick it up. However, one method has particularly caught my eye: buying the DLC at a discount through CDKeys.

With every DLC I've bought in the past, it's either been through grabbing it off of the eShop itself or heading into my nearest Smyths and picking up a download code. However, with CDKeys, I have the option to get it for significantly cheaper than the asking price (it's currently at €27 which is a 20%+ discount). And, while I would certainly jump at the chance to save a little bit of extra cash, there's one thing that's bothering me in regards to getting HTAZ in particular: how will it know what version I'm getting this for? Pokemon DLC is unique in the sense that it doesn't cover both games; you HAVE to get the one that corresponds to your version, otherwise it's useless. Unless there's a failsafe that I'm not aware of, it makes me wary to buying it this way, even if it'd give me a great discount, down to this.

If anyone has any experience with CDKeys and/or answers to what exactly happens upon buying it from them, I'd love to know!

VoidofLight

@Fizza the DLC codes are universal. You purchase the code, and then on the eshop it’ll prompt you to pick a version of the DLC. At least, that’s how it was for me through the North American eshop when my friend purchased a code for me.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Fizza

Anybody here mind helping me evolve a couple of trade evos from the DLC? I've got a Gurdurr as one of my core members alongside a random Graveler and Feebas that I wouldn't mind getting for my dex/playthrough

SViper

@Fizza I bought there to for 27,09€ without extra fees aka I thought it will have like 3-4€ fee for me, but no fees and literally some reviews there says how it works, so we can save up 7,9€ buying trought there what I did on 13th even I planned buy on 12th, but was super exausted that, so waiting till next day.

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic