Forums

Topic: Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,650

Pizzamorg

Wait they actually announced a big patch for this? Hype.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Octane

@Pizzamorg They're probably going to patch out the Pokemon and item duplication glitch. I don't expect any improvements to the game itself.

Octane

Pizzamorg

Octane wrote:

@Pizzamorg They're probably going to patch out the Pokemon and item duplication glitch. I don't expect any improvements to the game itself.

Ah the good old fashioned immediate patch for something that benefits the player, while the game still remains in an awful state. I am so glad Gamefreak only took on the worst practices of a Live Service.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Fizza

@Pizzamorg I mean any duplication glitches in Pokemon games usually lead towards disaster (remember the s***show that was BDSP's?) so getting rid of that ASAP is pretty good in my book.

They definitely should've done more for a first patch though, wholeheartedly agree on that front.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

VoidofLight

@Octane Well, Nintendo acknowledged the performance issues, so if they don’t fix them with a later patch, it will look bad on them. They have to fix it now, maybe not with this patch, but a future one.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Jeronan

VoidofLight wrote:

@Octane Well, Nintendo acknowledged the performance issues, so if they don’t fix them with a later patch, it will look bad on them. They have to fix it now, maybe not with this patch, but a future one.

Don't hold your hopes up. Legend Arceus actually had help from Nintendo's BOTW dev team, but these aren't going to help now with Scarlet/Violet, when they themselves have more than enough on their plate to get BOTW 2 ready for release.
So I don't think Nintendo is going to take any risks on that front.

Game Freak doesn't have the competence themselves to fix this. That much should be obvious and clear to everyone.

So yeah. I am very curious how Nintendo is going to deliver on this promise. I would not be surprised in the slightest if we have to wait till after BOTW 2 has gone gold, before they can free up the needed devs to send over to Game Freak. Which is a long way out.

Edited on by Jeronan

Jeronan

VoidofLight

@Jeronan Pretty sure that they didn't have any help from the BotW team for Legends. Do you have any proof that they did, which you could show us?

Fizza

Just beat the Elite 4 and Champion there and holy f*** what a rush. I went in considerably underleveled and god did it make scraping through each of the trainers by the skin of my teeth an utter rollercoaster (my Lokix lived on 1 against Hassel's Baxcalibur and then proceeded to KO it with a Tera-boosted Lunge and I've never popped off harder in my life). Certainly not the hardest Elite 4 I've ever taken on (BW/BDSP easily take that crown) but definitely one of my personal favourites in terms of characters and feeling.

Also GODDAMN THIS SONG GOES SO F****** HARD

VoidofLight

I think that guy was referring to the rumor of staff from Monolith working on Legends Arceus, but if you go to the Monolithsoft website and check the list of games they've worked on, they don't have Legends up there. Therefore they didn't actually work on the game. Monolith is the "Zelda team" this guy claims, since they worked on BotW.

Anti-Matter

Eel wrote:

Oh hey they actually fixed that thing where sleeping Pokémon wouldn’t close their eyes. Nice!

Neat, so they are not a fish anymore. 😆

Anti-Matter

Jhena

How long does it take until it is possible to get that flying Pikachu?

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Jhena

@Anti-Matter
Well something like that☺ If you buy the game before the end of February, you can download a flying Pikachu. It can (fly) thanks to the ballons attached to it. It looks cute.

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Fizza

Just fully beat Victory Road there a few minutes ago. My thoughts?

Also, HER FINAL BATTLE THEME IS SO GOOD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Untitled
I swear SV does not have a single bad battle theme: every single one is a 10/10.

Edited on by Fizza

Ulysses

Would anyone be able to host the Charizard Tera Raid? I wasn't speeding through the storyline so I don't have access to postgame yet

Ulysses

Fizza

After 50 hours, I have officially beaten Pokemon Scarlet and I am in absolute tatters.
Untitled
What an absolutely incredible ending. I adored the three stories that permeated the entire game and this one managed to blow those out of the water in terms of it's scope and stakes. Area Zero is one of the most beautiful locations ever put in a Pokemon game and one that genuinely made me stop and stare at what I was viewing, the twist involving Sada/Turo is one of the biggest shocks I've ever had in a Pokemon game (which, after the rollercoaster that was PLA, is saying A LOT), Koraidon has officially become my new favourite legendary of all time with the arc it went through throughout the course of the entire game, the characters were all so fun and memorable AND THE MUSIC BRO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I've made my grievances with SV pretty well known at this point but honestly? This ending has probably bumped it up to just barely behind my favourite games in the entire series what an absolute banger of an entry.

VoidofLight

I love how everyone universally agrees Nemona is a psychopath @Fizza

Araquanid

@Ulysses The charizard raid is level 100 lol..

There's no way you can beat it with an in-game team.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic