Forums

Topic: Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,650

FishyS

Wow, the final plot arc was intense. o.o That definitely raises the overall game in my eyes. The plot wrapped up everything so well, I'm not sure if I'm emotionally ready to do any post-game things for awhile though. 48 hours on the clock, so maybe a break is healthy.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Eel

I made the mistake of viewing Turo’s bulbapedia page after finishing the titans storyline, and got a single big spoiler from that. Can’t say I didn’t see it coming, but still. I’ll avoid investigating the characters now…

Now I’m just missing the two gym badges in the snowy region.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dom_31

Turns out you have to do the postgame stuff to even unlock the charizard raids. Guess I'll have to wait to do this until the second round then..dont want to rush that stuff just for the sake of it.

Dom_31

I-U

Been taking my time with this game, and have decided to do a reverse Gym challenge after beating 4 titans and Katy. I got through Grusha easily, but was a bit worried against Tulip. I didn't have as many answers for her, and so only had two Pokemon left in the end. I'm now saved outside of what my little brother is telling me is the next Gym, and likely going to rely on my Scovillain and Lokix again. I might also do the 5th titan soon to have my legendary ride fully powered up and fully open up the convenient exploration in the game. I'm becoming more convinced that these are the best Pokemon games since Generation V the more I play.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Ulysses

@Araquanid Actually I was only two gyms short of using any Lvl Pokemon, so I cleared those out. Plus I already caught the Wild Tera Azumarill with Fairy Tera type at Lv55 by happenstance. And I had enough spare Exp Candies/Rare Candies from the Eevee event to jump her up to 100.

Then I just had to hound the Reddit threads until I found someone willing to host a raid, and ended up getting one

It's pretty fun to have Charizard in Scarlet/Violet before Pokemon Home rolls out ^_^

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Fizza

Now that we're about 2 weeks into SV, may as well pose a question to anyone here: how many shinies have you grabbed as of now? And if you have, which ones were they? My shiny luck in SV has been.....insane to put it mildly. Started things off with a shiny Wooper midway through my playthrough before expanding even further with Drifloon, Mudbray, Glimmet, Mareanie, Wattrel and, literally just 10 minutes ago, Nacli.

I don't have the Shiny Charm yet. What the actual f***.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

FishyS

Fizza wrote:

how many shinies have you grabbed as of now? And if you have, which ones were they

I have found zero shinies. According to my stats I have also not fought any without noticing. That's even after playing some post-game stuff and getting my main team to levels 80+ (and a decent secondary team), filling out the vast majority of my pokedex, and wracking up 50 hours of play. The in-game 'biology lessons' say that the chance of finding a Shiny is 1/4000. Maybe your game has a bug? Or you're just super lucky. 🧐

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Araquanid

@Fizza 16

2 were random pre-shiny charm.

9 I hunted for

Rest were random either while hunting for something else or just walking by.

6 of them were bred sprigatito because i wanted the correct one, the other 3 i hunted was both volc paradoxes and varoom.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Wewalia

I caught a shiny steenee randomly before the team star fire squad

Wewalia

charlix12323

Shiny Donphan, Cacnea, Paldean Wooper and Lokix

charlix12323

VoidofLight

Shiny Litleo after beating the game. Found it on a mountainside while running around.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Eel

I found a garchomp flying around and I just love that it remains in airplane mode during battle.

Just floating there, menacingly.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MajinSoul

I haven't beaten the game yet (have played around 20 hours) and I have found 2 shinies so far. A Psyduck very early into the game and a Goomy recently. I have had pretty good luck with getting shinies on the Switch games in general (had quite a few of them in Sword and some in Let's Go Pikachu) while I have only ever gotten shinies in Platinum pre-Switch.

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

Draxa

@MajinSoul question! Do they have the shiny cue when you enter battle with them in the wild? Apparently I’ve battled five of them and never even noticed. The lack of shiny cues is throwing me off completely 😂

Draxa

Sisilly_G

@Draxa : That's absolutely bizarre that you hadn't noticed them. I periodically check my records just in case, but it's still at only one (which was a shiny Magikarp that I had successfully caught). It's been reported that "Let's Go" mode will prevent the active Pokémon from attacking any shinies (and this may be a handy way to narrow down what wild Pokémon are or aren't shiny, as quite a few are so subtle to the point of being virtually indistinguishable), so, I imagine that you may have unintentionally initiated five (!!!) battles with shinies without noticing their shininess somehow!

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Buizel

I've encountered 3 shinies in the 20 or so hours I've played...which is about as many (full odds) shinies as I've found in all other games combined. And I've been playing the series for over 20 years...

At least 2'8".

Draxa

@Sisilly_G that’s what I’m saying my friend 😂 I’m not a shiny hunting noob either, it’s been my entire endgame grind since gen 6. I’ve got about six full boxes of shinies in Pokémon home and I literally have no idea how I’ve missed five shiny encounters 🤦‍♂️ embarrassing to be quite honest 🤣 I’ve read that you can’t knock them out in let’s go as well but honestly that’s the only thing I can think of that happened unless there’s a wild encounter glitch where they don’t sparkle during the battle entrance and I just missed them. Either way, no idea but my old ass is missing em and I am annoyed 😑 🤷‍♂️

Draxa

Dom_31

I'm sitting at five right now. No shiny charm either yet, slooowly creeping towards the full dex tho, I think I have a dozen left to get.
Rn they are Mareep, Voltorb, Toedscool, Litleo and Magikarp. A tiny bit "disappointed" that the Litleo is female because I prefer the big mane but I'm not going to complain about a full odds shiny either way.

Also double checked if I might've missed one half a dozen times by this point and so far I'm good 😅
Altho I do believe you wouldn't get the entry by just walking past a spawned one anyway.

Dom_31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic