Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 2,747

Jimez

Just snagged an Arcanine, now can ride in style.

Jimez

HobbitGamer

@Jimez Nice! Didn’t know you can ride that. I’m rocking a dodrio like the Pokémon race episode, haha

@Heavyarms55 What is RNG? I know I burned through 27 ultras before nabbing zapdos with a 3rd great ball

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@Yosheel This is gonna be epic. I cannot wait. There’s Ditto too

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

That’s a great point. I’m still getting a Beedrill and Scyther ready for Sabrina. I’m taking my time 😎

#MudStrongs

Heavyarms55

@HobbitGamer RNG or random number generation. It's a slang term for the complicated method that games use to simulate randomness.

Zapdos makes some sense, it's a legendary. Exggsecute not so much. I used about 30 balls, more than s dozen of which were excellent throws. When I gave up, left and came back, I got it in a couple... it doesn't make sense to me. It was shockingly different to all the other Pokemon.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

Wait, there's still only one save slot? You'd think they'd learn. XD

Yosheel wrote:

This is a thing, I mean, I knew it was gonna be a thing, but I didn't really think about it that much.

+1 for Flight of the Valkyries.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

-Green-

Did I ever tell you the story of when I wasted 80 Ultra Balls on a statused False Swiped Regirock. I ran out of spheres to throw at the thing and after resetting caught it on my 13th-ish Ultra Ball.

I like that this game tried to add more to catching Pokémon, and I hope they take it in a better direction in future games. I don’t like the motion controls and the lack of battling wild Pokémon, while making things faster, also removes a layer of thought. Personally, I think combining battling with some separate system that requires timing/skill would be better than just praying to RNjesus that things work out.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Eel

I once caught all Regis in luxury balls. In Emerald, cloned the one luxury ball in the game with the battle tower glitch.

It wasn't fun.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haruki_NLI

That reminds me, we sell Poke Ball plushies at work...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

HobbitGamer

The variety of pokéballs in this page is too dang high! 😂

#MudStrongs

Octane

Dusk Balls are kinda ugly and gross IMO.

Octane

farrow000

Does anyone want a shiny Chansey? I have 2 can trade 1 for another shiny or melmetal. Also I can help you with evolving any pokemon and Eevee exclusives too if you like. send me a code we can use

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

Sisilly_G

HobbitGamer wrote:

Oi, I just realized you can't play in the Game Corner anymore. Stupid PEGI/ESRB.

PEGI's the culprit here. The VC releases were all given 12 ratings by PEGI. ESRB, however, upheld the original E ratings and continues to rate the main games as E.

Australia's a little different, the early games were rated G, but from Crystal onwards, all main series games were rated PG for "Mild gambling references", up until HeartGold/SoulSilver, which were rated G due to the absence of said gambling content. The G ratings continued until the release of X & Y, which were rated PG for "Mild themes and violence". Subsequent games have since received PG ratings for "Mild violence", with some games also including the additional warning of "themes" (presumably due to the severity of the intentions of the villainous team in the game and/or the use of bereavement/parental abandonment as a theme).

Like PEGI, however, the Australian Classifications Board have, especially in the last few years, had a tendency to rate simulated gambling in games far more strictly than they used to, with many of the Dragon Quest games being rated M (compared to T and 12 ratings elsewhere) for "Simulated gambling". Fortunately, previously classified games that are released as-is (more or less) do not need to be reclassified, hence why the Pokémon VC releases maintained their original ratings. If they were to be reclassified, however, it would not have surprised me for the older games to receive as high as an M rating (which is absolutely absurd as no Pokémon game, spin-off or otherwise, has ever received an M rating in Australia).

I find it extremely hypocritical that simulated (and mostly harmless) depictions of gambling are scrutinised so harshly when other games, that feature microtransactions (and in essence, real-life gambling) receives no classification warning whatsoever. It's sick. I for one would impose an R18+ rating for such games (including the likes of the extremely scummy and extremely addictive Pokémon Shuffle), which should deter major publishers from indulging in such practices.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Heavyarms55

It doesn't matter if I am 7 years old playing Pokemon Yellow, or nearly 27 years old playing Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu, one thing has not changed: The move minimize is total BS, only now they combined it with toxic/protect. Random side trainer in Koga's gym was thus far more challenging than any other trainer in the game up to this point. lol

I literally just sat there using full heals until the Muk died from struggle because I couldn't hit the thing.

Also, I've noticed something odd, are the "middle tier" moves like flame wheel, water pulse, shock wave and Ariel Ace just not in this game? I don't think I've seen any of them.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

My luck always has been all over the place when catching legendaries over the years. Sometimes it's as simple as one very lucky Quick Ball, but sometimes it drags on to 50+ Ultra Balls, a few Timer Balls, and about everything else in-between when I become desperate. There was one point where I went through my whole inventory minus one Poke Ball...which inexplicably worked.

@Silly_G: For the most part, I agree with you about similated gambling; when no real money is involved and a child is taught that it's all fake, what's the harm? I didn't realize it was even an issue (I'm in the US) until the closed Game Corner in Mauville popped up during my Omega Ruby playthrough.

I do agree to an extent about games that include things like microtransactions and loot boxes.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic