Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,912

Sisilly_G

@Snatcher : I don't think we'll see one any time soon. They haven't even exhausted all of the possible combinations with the existing types yet. I was thrilled when the Fairy type was announced though. It was well conceived and made a lot of other very ordinary Pokémon much more viable, particularly much-beloved Pokémon such as the Jigglypuff/Clefairy/Togepi/Ralts/Marill lines, and for them to suddenly have the upper-hand against some very imposing types (especially Dragon) was exciting.

I'm hoping that Pokémon can eventually have a third typing, as many Pokémon who would logically have a third (or even fourth) typing are limited to just two based on design limitations as opposed to what is realistic. To name just two examples, Beedrill and Venomoth are Bug/Poison, but should also be Flying. With respect to how a third typing would work in-game, third types should play no part concerning a Pokémon's weaknesses, as this could absolutely break them, but merely with respect to STAB and immunity (but not resistance).

I'm a little surprised that we don't yet have a Digital type. The Porygon family would definitely be recategorised as such, but I can't think of any other Pokémon that would fit into that typing, except for perhaps Genesect (in its current engineered form), and TPCi/Game Freak probably can't justify making a plethora of Digital-type Pokémon as it wouldn't fit into the world, at least not without drawing very obvious comparisons to the Digimon franchise (and in an alternate dimension where Digimon never existed, Digital probably would have become a type by now).

I don't think we'll see a Light type either as that too would be difficult to justify from a world-building point-of-view, and it would also draw comparisons to Digimon, which already has a plethora of angelic/holy knight characters, but we could potentially see a Cosmic type, that will cover extraterrestrial Pokémon and/or those based on celestial bodies, as well as covering any potential "angelic" Pokémon (effectively serving as a "Light" type in those limited instances, but it seems that "angelic"/guardian Pokémon generally default to the Fairy typing anyway).

Existing Pokémon such as Solrock/Lunatone/Cresselia/Deoxys/Jirachi/Minior, as well as the Elgyem/Cosmog/Staryu lines and the Ultra Beasts could be recategorised as or have Cosmic added to their typing (and Starmie can be made a Water/Cosmic type instead of Water/Psychic). The Clefairy line could also have Cosmic added to their typing, making them Fairy/Cosmic.

I hadn't ever considered Cosmic as a typing before, but now that I've contemplated it, I see a lot of potential in it.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Joeynator3000

Maybe not Digital, but Machine? Sounds-...eh, I dunno, it fits Genesect, but not Porygon, so I dunno. lol

I can't see another type happening.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

I like that the fairy type also made poison and steel a little bit more useful, being the primary counters for it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sisilly_G

@Joeynator3000 : The Steel/Electric types are already encompassing of metallic/machine-like Pokémon, and there aren't very many existing Pokémon that would fall under that category anyway (i.e. the Klink line, Magearna, Duraldon, and Rotom's alternate forms).

I would place my bets on Cosmic and/or Light, but I can't see that happening any time soon either.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Vortexeo

Joeynator3000 wrote:

...You'd think there would at least be co-op...

I was really hoping for some sort of co-op as well. I think the most fun I've ever had with pokemon came from battle frontier in gen 3. My cousin and I spent hours doing battle tower together. When we used to play PokeMMO we got so far in battle tower that the NPCs started using legendaries lol. Either way though, I'm still looking forward to trying PLA

Edited on by Vortexeo

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Octane

@Silly_G Light is already kinda covered by Psychic, Fire, Electric, Fairy, and even some Grass moves. And keep in mind that in Japanese Fighting is the opposite of Dark.

Octane

Snatcher

@Silly_G You were way to ready for my question.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Sisilly_G

@Snatcher : Ideas were flowing as I went along, so I would hardly say that I was "ready".

@Octane : I had more or less stated that, and my proposal for the Light type was more philosophical/spiritual as opposed to literal (which is where the other types come into play), and to act as a counter to the Dark type (which is known as the "Evil" type in Japanese), which is mainly comprised of malevolent moves.

We have also seen "Light" Pokémon in the trading card game, whereby such Pokémon have altruistic/self-sacrificial moves/abilities. And on that note, perhaps Light can be a separate attribute, serving as a counter to Shadow Pokémon, should they ever incorporate Shadow Pokémon into the main series games (as they already exist in Pokémon GO, and - if I am not mistaken - Gale of Darkness before that).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

VoidofLight

@Pokester99 That.. isn't true. It's just that these games are primarily built to be singleplayer JRPG experiences, much like any other JRPG under the sun.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@Pokester99 I had friends who saw the leaks, and some who even played the game, and there's more to it than just throwing pokeballs at other pokemon, or battling pokemon. It's repetitive because that's what we call a "Gameplay loop", and Pokemon games already have that believe it or not. They consist of battling and throwing pokeballs until the end of the game. Hell, most JRPGs have gameplay loops which consist of doing the same stuff over and over again and again until the game's done.

Snatcher

@Pokester99 Dude, I have seen youtubers, reviewers, and people who got the game early, a lot of people think its a good game, thats fine if you don't like it, but don't need to crap on everyone else who is actually happy about the game.

"You would be wise not to follow scores blindly." What? and follow you? because your opinion is so much better then everyone else?

and yes, I also heard there are like 10 trainer fights in the game, and that the game is more or less so, raising your pokemon, so if all you did was throw poke balls at a pokemon, and threw it in the PC, your missing the point of the game, or just don't Enjoy it

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Anti-Matter

@Pokester99
Here is the thing.
You don't have to be Pokemon fan to play Pokemon games.
Some peoples are newbie in Pokemon games so if they like the games by naturally without thinking too much about trivial such as the tree textures or repetitive catching, then it was a good purchase for them. They don't really care with all the trivial things you complained about.

Anti-Matter

Sisilly_G

@Pokester99 : Likely the PC version. It was the console versions that were (significantly more) problematic.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

VoidofLight

@Silly_G Not to mention too, that comparing Cyberpunk to this is two entirely different situations. In this situation, the game leaked early and most of the most critical figures in the community actually got excited by the leaks. One dude who was one of the people who nitpicked Sword and Shield to hell and back actually really likes Legends, despite it not being the best graphically.

Pizzamorg

Pokester99 wrote:

@FroZtedFlakerZz too bad. Enjoy throwing pokeballs for 12 hours straight. But I guess there is variety, throwing pokeballs from behind the monster and in front. Yes those are actually objectives in the game lol.

Your complaint about the Pokemon game is... you catch Pokemon... in it???

???

???????????????????

Life to the living, death to the dead.

jump

So my thoughts so far. It's very good and I'm enjoying it but it hasn't hit me with an "Oooh" moment the same way Zelda BOTW or any other franchises have when making a big leap. The biggest thing for me in the game is that catching Pokes actually feels rewarding which is a very nice change of playing these games and seeing it as a chore. I found the graphics to look nice and the plot is dumb fluff which I only add since everyone keeps going on about the plot and grapics.

I'm not too deep into the game so I'm gonna reserve judgement on the battle changes and both the move and 'dex depth. I'm very sceptical on the move count and the 'dex total seems on the lighter side to hide Pokes behind needing save data from other games but I haven't noticed them all being the same just yet.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

I feel like the plot of the game starts out more like fluff, but probably gets better as the game goes on.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg Super mario is boring, all you do is jump.

VoidofLight

Man, I wish I were awake to see what that deleted reply was.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight same LOL.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic