Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 3,041 to 3,060 of 3,072

Fizza

@Eel Two of those are literally slimy whilst the other is, depending on the side, metaphorically slimy so it definitely checks out.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Fizza

I am in a.... predicament right now to put it mildly.

So I decided to Surprise Trade some breedjects from my Shiny Drilbur hunt (currently on 330 encounters) and one of the Pokemon I got was a level 1 shiny Rowlet from a guy called Cuphead (yes I'm serious). Now: this thing is super hacked. Pokerus, shiny and has not only a Champion ribbon, but a Battle Tower AND Master Ball Tier ribbon as well. HOWEVER. It has 3 things that make me hesitate on releasing it immediately: perfect IV's, hidden ability and, most crucially, being 'caught' in a Friend Ball.

I'm in a while bind about it: do I release it now since it's hacked or do I keep it for a bit until I breed a Rowlet with it's specifications and then release it? Any input would be greatly appreciated because am I at a crossroads right now.

Eel

Some people frown at the idea of using hacked Pokémon for breeding, but to be honest, if the Pokémon is otherwise obtainable by normal means, there's very little difference.

(And to be realistic, most people used hacked dittos to breed for IVs!)

So, just go ahead and use it however you wish to use it, it's not like you hacked it yourself. However, yes, if you want to get rid of it afterwards, do release it, don't trade it away or try to send it to Home.

Edit: Can Rowlet even be caught in any special pokeball, though? I'm not sure myself.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fizza

@Eel There was an raid event a while back where you could get Alolan starters in different Pokeballs (I got a Rowlet in a Premier Ball myself) so breeding is probably what I'm going to do. I can already get both regular Rowlet and Dartrix in PLA so this would mainly be for shiny regular Decidueye and, I can't deny, having it in a Friend Ball would be a massive flex, even if it was originally obtained through.... less than legitimate means we'll say.

Also, trust me: I've seen enough 'hacked parents' controversy when it comes to Pokemon to last a lifetime. As long as the Pokemon itself isn't hacked, that's all that matters to me.

EDIT: Surprise Trade was very kind to me today. Foreign Drednaw, Boltund AND Hidden Ability Scorbunny, a Morpeko called Smittens (my heart has melted) and, literally my last trade, a seemingly breedject Harvest Trevenant in a Safari Ball! I feel like I have to get back into ST now, it beckons me.

Edited on by Fizza

Eel

@Kermit1 huh is it a normal free give away or does it need a code from a store or something?

Edit: ah I found the article. Hm a Japanese event… the names might be in Japanese then.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel I'm having the greatest luck ever today in surprise trade. I got 2 Marshadows in a trade! A Mew in a trade! and a Victini in a trade! I'm pretty sure they were not hacked in, they are the ones from the Pokemon S&M events.

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel I think they might be cloned then... I've gotten like 5 Pokemon from Pokeclub.com from a surprise trade those are fake.

Eel

@Kermit1 yeah anything that has an url or @ like that is just advertisement. There's usually nothing bad about using them, but if you don't want to keep them, I'd recommend releasing them instead of trading them away.

Bloop.

Eel

Those encounters are most likely just found via system time modification. They're ok to catch.

Though in my experience they usually run away.

You'd think Gamefreak would've banned the use of website addresses as names by now huh.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Fizza

@Eel I was doing some Surprise Trades not too long back with the breedjects from my shiny Drilbur hunts and in the same session I managed to get both a Glastrier in a Master Ball and a shiny 6IV Hidden Ability Quagsire in a Dream Ball. I released them immediately afterwards (but not before breeding that Quagsire to get a 6IV Hidden Ability Dream Ball Wooper of course) but I guess it just goes to show how shameless some people online can be huh?

Kermit1doesmath

Fizza wrote:

but I guess it just goes to show how shameless some people online can be huh?

"reads that while playing on my modded 2DS XL playing Metroid Fusion"

Kermit1doesmath

Where is the code for the Cap Pikachu I can't find it anywhere and todays the 11th.

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel a code for a special Victini is going to come out some time next week. I wonder if the code will be limited.

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel I got it! my nat dex is getting closer to completion.

Fizza

Hey everyone,
I've been playing a lot more Shield in preparation for SV (just grabbed a shiny Eiscue after 374 eggs in fact!) and have been chipping away at a Living Dex through HOME as a result. Whilst I have most of the mons that I need for it, there's a single Pokemon line (not counting once-per-game Legendaries and such) that I still need to get: regular, Unovan Darumaka/Darmanitan. The reason being that in SwSh, you can only get them through a version exclusive trade on the Isle of Armor which, with me being a Shield player, I don't have access to. So, the question I'd like to ask is this: would anyone with a regular Darmanitan be willing to trade it over to me? As long as I can breed it to get a regular Darumaka, that's all I'll need going forward so, if you want, I'd be more than ok with trading it back once I'm done. I have a lot of foreign Pokemon for use in breeding so if you're interested, let me know and I'll show you the list of the ones I have. Thank you for listening and have a great day!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic