Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,097

BrazillianCara

@Snatcher It's a feature that had you transfer pokémon from the GBA games to a Safari Zone-like area where you had to find and recapture them by tossing a single ball. I wonder what replaces the area in the remakes.

BrazillianCara

Snatcher

It came! I'm downloading the 3GB update right now!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Sisilly_G

Snatcher wrote:

@Silly_G really? it was that hard to show the shiny? Tho it might be because it picks if its a shiny or not when you start a battle.

I haven’t tested it in BDSP, but in Sword/Shield, shininess doesn’t appear in the overworld either, but all of the Pokémon’s stats are determined upon spawning, and should you save your game and reload, any spawned Pokémon in your line of sight will remain there, stats and all. I imagine that the same is true of the underground in BDSP, as saving will also save any visible spawns.

When I first started playing Shield, I was looking ALL around me looking for possible shinies as it wasn’t yet known that shininess wasn’t shown in the overworld. I shudder to think of the potential hundreds or thousands of shinies that I have passed by.

That said though, I’ve never found more shinies than I had in Shield/Let’s Go Eevee. With Shield especially, maybe I’ve just been really, really lucky with the shiny charm.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Sisilly_G

Jeez, 5.5 hours in and STILL no Mystery Gift.

By the time it unlocks, those 100x Poké Ball codes will be useless.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Snatcher

@Silly_G There not out yet?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

Budda

@Anti-Matter
You got me wrong.
I was wondering if the game registers the time change even if it's closed and I resynchronize before starting the game again.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

thiz-

Finally broke through that early progression ceiling. Going to complete BD today, Monday and Tuesday will be dedicated to getting the Nat Dex exclusives ^.^ Its so much fun wooping a water gym with an Infernape that knows Grass Knot :3

Edit: omg I just realised TODAY is saturday, not sunday. Pokemon fried my brain.

Edited on by thiz-

thiz-

Snatcher

Ok so I got a few good hours into this game, And here are the things I got to say.

My god I didn't think I would love the art style this much but I do, They look so cute in the overworld, I mean how could you hate em? I also just love the shiny plastic look they have to them, idk why but I do.

Pokemon battle's actually look and feel like an older pokemon game, That can be good or bad depending how you look at it LMAO.

And ya, thats All I really have to say about it at the moment, but I'm really loving it, also, your friend isn't a pain in the ass so.

I’m very much alive!

thiz-

Omg how I hate the Gym 7 Puzzle. I've been here multiple times, yet everytime it takes me ages to figure this out. My brain doesnt work good enough for this sht.

Btw. I like how Earthquake is having its own little dungeon in this game. Still not enough to beat that Elite Four Mr.Mime . That thing is giving me big issues right now.

Edited on by thiz-

thiz-

thiz-

Damn I finally beat Cynthia, that took ages. Lucky Ice Beam.
Also, just a reminder if you want to unlock nat dex and dont wanna wait till next friday to do it: Swallow your pride and fail at the math test or you will miss the only trainers who carry the Drifloon.

thiz-

Snatcher

I only made it to the 2nd gym and damn, I spent like 4 hours in the underground, I did miss catching a absol, Never saw that thing again, But I did get the ralts I wanted so thats So I didn't mind.

But my god Have i played a lot, and i'm only on the 2nd gym. Oh I did catch a unown, Can I catch all the letters in the one area or?

I really, really love these games, This being my third pokemon game, I would put this 1st, S&SH 2nd, and Ultra moon 3rd.

Damn this games good.

I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@thiz- I rather wait, I ain't Takin no L's.

I’m very much alive!

thiz-

@Snatcher All unkown letters are in that one cave, yes

Also fun fact: The only thing missing from my regional dex completion is a Tentacool right now hahaha

Edited on by thiz-

thiz-

Snatcher

@thiz- Dang you did all that fast.

I’m very much alive!

thiz-

And 2 hours later I have every exclusive non-legendary from BD transfered over to my SP file : )
Not sure how to get the dogs and Ho-Oh yet. Might be a lucky item from mining.

Edit: Yeah seems like I am going to have to do ALOT of underground mining. Well, RNG decides how much, but with my luck, its going to take a week or so.

Edited on by thiz-

thiz-

Atomic77

I just recently got Pokemon Shining Pearl on my switch lite and I have to say it looks awesome It brings back memories of the old style pokemon games.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

Snatcher

@thiz- Wait Ho-Oh is in the underground?

I’m very much alive!

thiz-

@Snatcher No, but the materials you hae to mine for him to appear in the Ramanas Park are. This is for all non-Sinnoh legendaries. But you can only start mining for it once you've been to the park in post-game.

thiz-

Eel

Because I like sucking all the fun out of my Pokémon games, I have been hunting for shinies in the Eterna Forest. I won’t move on until something shiny appears.

On the bright side, it’s given me time to farm a few basic berries and the nearby honey trees. Got an Aipom already.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic