Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,097

Sisilly_G

Oooooh my God!!!!

Of all the luck! I ran into a shiny Gastrodon (West Sea) in the Underground!!!

Being my first Gastrodon encounter, I wasn’t entirely certain that it was a shiny, but the colouration definitely appeared off at first. Lo and behold... sparkles.

What makes this especially lucky is that I caught a shiny West Sea Shellos all the way back in the original Pearl in 2007, and I was thinking that it would be nice for things to come full circle and finally migrate it over and train it in Shining Pearl, but ideally, I would have preferred finding another shiny Shellos in Shining Pearl instead. I had no intention of enduring the tedium of hunting for one though.

And to answer one of my questions, underground Pokémon do not exhibit shininess in the overworld.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Eel

I kinda did the same in my last Pearl run, but here I'm again gonna try to get a Magby to be my fire type.

So I'll likely need help evolving it at some point so stay tuned for that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

lovesushi

@Eel you have to save manually before entering

lovesushi

Snatcher

@Silly_G really? it was that hard to show the shiny? Tho it might be because it picks if its a shiny or not when you start a battle.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 4 golden!

thiz-

@Eel Disable auto save in the options if you wanna do something like that again

thiz-

Eel

I did. I just forgot the game locked you into the cutscene after entering the lake.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

Amazon say's its on the way, It shipped, Thank god, Can't wait!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

thiz-

My progress on day 1 was rather slow, I didnt expect such a bad luck. BD save with 2 badges, level 29 Panferno. SP save with all pre-Nat Dex BD-exclusives and the 3 starters, no story progress there yet.

Its alot of fun playing this way. I never owned the tradeevolution mons before even tho I've been playing since the franchise started. So having stuff like Golem, Gengar and Machamp is pretty damn cool.

Edited on by thiz-

thiz-

Snatcher

So is Shiny chance higher in the underground?

I’m very much alive!

Eel
  • Have one Pokémon that only appears on Fridays, but only after completing an early quest.
  • It won’t appear on the same day you complete the quest, it must be at least one day after.
  • Release the game on Friday
  • …?
  • Profit.

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel What pokemon is it LOL?

I’m very much alive!

Budda

Can anyone tell if the game locks me for 24 hours if I change the time of the Switch, even if it's closed and synchronized again before starting the game?
Because I usually change date and time constantly for another game. 😅

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Anti-Matter

@Budda
Nintendo Switch will lock the date and time after you manually changed the time setting. For example, you set the date to 21 November 2021 at 3 pm while in actual time is 20 November 2021 at 7 am, so your Switch machine will keep running the date and time from your last setting until you manually change again.
You can always go back to actual date and time by synchronize to internet.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Eel Can you still change that date or do you really have to wait?

I’m very much alive!

Eel

@Snatcher these games use the same time system the original versions on the DS had: if they detect you’ve changed the time on your system, all time-based events will become locked for 24 hours.

So if you want to change the clock to get Drifloon, you’ll have to plan ahead and wait one day for the penalty to end.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel Damn thanks for telling me because I was going to do that, Were can I find the pokemon so I can just catch it.
But you said all events so how many are there?

I’m very much alive!

Eel

@Snatcher that’s currently the only way to get Drifloon as far as I know. Besides getting one from another player of course.

Other time based events I can remember are… The ID lotto, berry tree growth, honey trees, NPCs that give you stuff once every day, items that respawn in the underground, trainers that appear once a day or on specific days, the daily rare Pokémon found in the Trophy Garden, etc.

Things like that.

In the originals you could also only use the Pal Park once a day. But I don’t think that applies here.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel Gee thanks! Er whats pal park LOL (Sorry for being dumb.)

I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic