Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,097

Snatcher

@thiz- "There once were Pokémon that married people, There once were people who married Pokémon, This was a normal thing because long ago people and Pokémon were the same".

@Eel A lot of people Are Dailga fans, never me tho, I loved how Palk can just, Travel to different world.
Also about that typing, why in the world is Palk a water and Dragon type? But I do agree with you, that type wise, Dailga is just better.
Also I never played them but are the MD games any good?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 4 golden!

Snatcher

@VIIIAxel Hell ya! I hope they show you the tracking info soon, I have to check on MD LOL.

@Anti-Matter 😏

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@thiz-
😏😏😏
In which route i can meet them ?
I will try to find from Youtube video since i don't have the game yet.

Anti-Matter

thiz-

Gosh I am still grinding out restarts for my first Jolly Chimchar. This is going to be a long road.

thiz-

Screen

@Snatcher

I love the MD games, Explorers of Sky is my personal favourite but I think they’re all good.

Rescue Team DX on switch are remakes of the original and they improve in every way.

BDSP has online matchmaking!

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter er......

@Screen I might need to pick these up some time.

So could someone tell me how Natures work, and how important they are?

I’m very much alive!

thiz-

@Snatcher Dont worry for your normal playthrough you dont have to care at all. I just like to min/max everything so I want stuff to be optimized.

Natures give you - in one stat and + in another stat, some even give - in one and + in the same, meaning they are worthless. A jolly Chimchar will always outspeed another one for example. This makes sense as he is already high on speed and that bit of special attack you lose doesnt make any difference any ways since its a physical attacker.

If you scroll down in this list you'll find a sheet with all natures https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

thiz-

Snatcher

@thiz- OOOOH, so a Nature gives a mon a skill tree like thing? were you lose a stat for another stat?

I’m very much alive!

thiz-

@Snatcher All pokemon have 5 stats, attack, special atk, defense, special defense and speed
And yes, natures are responsible for how these stats are going to be influenced.

Piplup for example mostly learns Special Attack moves so, it dont really make sense if he has a nature that increases normal attack, because he cant make use of that. But again, it doesnt matter for casual play.

Edited on by thiz-

thiz-

Snatcher

@thiz- O~O, Ok that makes so much more sense, Thanks! Also I wanted to ask, Are the unknown in this game?
Also, also, are you going to tell anti which route the dude is, because i'm not LMAO!

I’m very much alive!

ReaperMelia

@Snatcher Thanks! Hopefully your game comes in on time.

Mystery Dungeon is my personal favorite Pokemon spin-off. The best way to describe them is that they're rogue-lite dungeon crawlers with a stronger focus on story than most of the mainline entries. As Screen mentioned, Rescue Team DX is a great Switch remake of the original Red/Blue Rescue team, and I believe it has a demo on the eShop if you want to try it out. The Explorers games are a pretty big step up over the already great Rescue Team games, though the definitive version, Explorers of Sky, isn't easy to get these days unless you have a Wii U for Virtual Console unfortunately. Explorers of Time and Darkness are still good (Darkness is the one I had), Sky adds more content though. I still need to play the 3DS entries, but I've heard Super Mystery Dungeon is really good.

"Little by little. Each day as it comes. That's how we should live."

Snatcher

@VIIIAxel You had me at rouge-lite! Thanks, I have to check to see if it has shipped later.

I’m very much alive!

Screen

@Snatcher

Natures give an increase of 10% for one stat and a decrease of 10% for another (some natures don’t affect stats at all)

Like thiz- said, for yarn ordinary play through of any game it won’t matter. If you want to play competitively you’ll need to worry about it, but SwSh and BDSP make getting the desired nature incredibly easy.

And it probably goes without saying but 99% of the time you’ll want to choose a nature the lowers the opposite offensive stat you plan to use e.g. a modest Alakazam because you won’t be using physical moves.

BDSP has online matchmaking!

Buizel

Played a bit of this last night and my first impressions are great.

The game actually looks really nice, especially since I'm using a Switch OLED. The overworld looks so vibrant and polished - and although not very ambitious I'm quite happy with what they've achieved with this particular style. I'm a bit less keen on the battles, but then again I've always leaned in favour of 2D Pokemon battles.

The game so far feels very true to its source material, but these were great games to begin with (the somewhat lacking Sinnoh dex and slow speed aside). Definitely getting real nostalgic vibes with this one, and it's seeming like it would be a good starting point for a new player as well. The only downside I'm anticipating is the EXP share making things a bit too easy, but we'll see how that goes.

At least 2'8".

Snatcher

Well I checked my order. It now says it showing up today But it has yet to ship (Lord I hate pre-ordering) I'm heading to bed soon so i'm hoping It say's shipped by tomorrow, It did this With 3d all stars too. Lord please ship.

Look I have yet to have a pre-order from them that has got delayed (Granted this is the 3rd time) Plus I got a Amazon house like right up the street, so I'm pretty sure it should come 🤞

Edited on by Snatcher

I’m very much alive!

lovesushi

anyone shiny hunting his starter (soft reset)? i am all in for that right now

lovesushi

thiz-

@lovesushi It took me 5 hours to get all 3 starters in correct natures, I'll focus on catching all the exclusives first, maybe shiny hunting is something I'll do once the trading is all done ^.^

thiz-

Eel

I didn’t remember the game wouldn’t let me save after entering the lake so I didn’t get a chance to even consider resetting the game.

My Piplup has a Rash nature though, which I consider good enough.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

thiz-

So I got Metal Coat from a Magnemite and I know Elekids carry the Electirizer, still didnt find one carrying it yet. Issa tough grind.

Please report if someone finds out whos holding Protector.

Edited on by thiz-

thiz-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic