Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,097

Joeynator3000

@Pizzamorg Yeah in Pokemon, a basic attack is, idle animation, model slides forward for a split second, or "shakes" or something. They could've easily had all of the Pokemon in Sw/Sh, but nah...let's keep a lot of them out, and only give a handful more of them via DLC. -.-

Honestly the DLC wasn't even that great, either...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Pizzamorg

DomGC wrote:

@Joeynator3000 @Pizzamorg even the animations outside of battles weren't done for Stories tho. Which is my point

What does this argument mean though? I assume the engine used for Stories is not the same as the mainline games, so I guess while conceptually the idea of an attack does exist, you would surely still need to build it in the Stories engine? Not to mention many of the special attacks used in the game aren't in the main titles at least in that form. It isn't like they just copied and pasted a monster from one and dropped it into another.

So whatever allowed them to release Rise, Rise PC port, Stories 2 and the Stories 2 PC port within a year, can surely allow them to make some proper animations for a Pokemon game. But I think the point is they don't want to or need to, because for as unhappy as people may be, they still sell gangbusters. Why put in the extra effort, if the sales will be the same?

Joeynator3000 wrote:

@Pizzamorg Yeah in Pokemon, a basic attack is, idle animation, model slides forward for a split second, or "shakes" or something. They could've easily had all of the Pokemon in Sw/Sh, but nah...let's keep a lot of them out, and only give a handful more of them via DLC. -.-

Honestly the DLC wasn't even that great, either...

Yeah, it is just crazy that like two decades ago, JPRGs had more advanced animations than these games do.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

VoidofLight

@Pizzamorg Fun Fact: When gamefreak said they cut the roster in Sword and Shield for higher quality animations and models, they didn't mean that for Sword and Shield. They meant it for their future games, and it's apparent with Legends.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

Pizzamorg wrote:

Joeynator3000 wrote:

They're also quite different from each other...not only that, the monsters are used outside of battle since you ride and fly with them. In Pokemon, the mons are kinda just...there...mostly idle animations. Even in the overworld...the monsters in Stories/2 had more work put into them.

Yeah, a semi open world, where the monsters exist in the open world and you can actually see them. You can also interact with your monsters as well. You can fine tune your monsters to fit specific purposes or serve different functions. All of the moves are fully animated, even smaller animations like just doing a little boop or something is animated.

Like these just seem so basic, but they don't even exist in a Pokemon game or when they try it, your are getting 6 FPS and a 30 centimetre to scale draw distance.

And yet, if you look at Legends Arceus, the pokemon are fully 3D modeled, they have unique and higher quality animations as well, and moves actually hit the pokemon in combat.

Joeynator3000

I'd rather just protest by not buying the game...and chances are I think I'm done with Pokemon at this point. Spinoffs like New Snap I'll still play/try out...but the main games....no thanks. Every new game, I get more bored with it...Sun and Moon, after the E4 I just stopped caring and went back to stories. Ultra I didn't even bother with...same with Let's Go (I'd count these as spinoffs anyways, and...meh). Sw/Sh...the main story was barely memorable...and post game was essentially non-existent. The DLc....they were..."fine"...but wore off way too quickly. The second DLc I didn't even bother with finishing, I just didn't care...waste of money...sighs

After skipping 3rd generation, I got back into the series with Platinum, I loved it...the post-game was my favorite...but these remakes...I have seen absolutely no hint of my favorite post-game content...I'm starting to think, that...once again, they're cutting content for no reason other than laziness. I'm probably skipping these remakes and being done with the main series in general.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Pizzamorg

VoidofLight wrote:

@Pizzamorg Fun Fact: When gamefreak said they cut the roster in Sword and Shield for higher quality animations and models, they didn't mean that for Sword and Shield. They meant it for their future games, and it's apparent with Legends.

What a confusing sentiment that is.

Joeynator3000

Pizzamorg wrote:

VoidofLight wrote:

What a confusing sentiment that is.

...Yeah this makes no sense at all...

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Anti-Matter

@Joeynator3000
Do you want a drastic change storyline for next Pokemon games ?
Such as an amnesiac youngster after got accident who have to save Pokemons from exploitation or you play as a youngster to stop a feud between two different regions (kinda like Yokai Watch 2).

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Joeynator3000 Thats some real BS.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

@Pizzamorg @Joeynator3000 I figure they meant for future games in the series, and it was a mistranslation or something, with them meaning that Sword and Shield were the first games for them to do it with.

Pizzamorg

Oh yeah, but that is just bonkers either way. "Oh yeah, we put less effort and resource into this game and scaled it down, this is because we know we'll get to make another one and that is where the energy and resources we drained from this will go."

Like yikes. Why even make S&S then?

Eel

As long as they don’t permanently retire any species, or make it impossible to move forward our existing collection, I really don’t mind the games having unavailable Pokémon.

That said, I would’ve of course loved to see newer Pokémon in Sinnoh.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoidofLight

Yeah, so far it just seems to be a graphical upgrade with a few QOL changes. Here's to hoping the post-game has some Platinum content in it... but even then I don't really feel like it will.

Eel

Still it would be nice to be respectful and treat these details as spoilers for people who haven’t played or don’t want to know.

Edit: thanks!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Bolt_Strike

Yeaahhh, so I cancelled my preorder over the leaks.

So no Platinum Dex Pokemon at all in the main game aside from maybe in the Underground? Yikes. I preordered after the second trailer under the assumption that they would be in, but if they're being this religiously faithful to the originals to the point of implementing regressive game design such as the terrible gym leader rosters from DP, I'm not going to give them the time of day. There's absolutely no excuse for them to pull this crap. None whatsoever.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Snatcher

@Bolt_Strike Wait wait, I never played these pokemon games so could you tell me what "This" means for me as a player?

Edit: does this mean we can't Transfer pokemon From games?

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Anti-Matter

I still keep considering Pokemon Brilliant Diamond regardless of being leaked as i have never played the game before so i have no idea the gameplay quality and the features. Also, i played my Pokemon games very casually.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@thiz Ok that makes a lot of sense, So its stuff they could have changed, but didn't for whatever reason, And the plat dex? what does this mean?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic