Forums

Topic: Nintendo Direct September 2018 Hopes and Predictions!

Posts 401 to 420 of 440

NintendoFanWT

@Joe-b Honestly, you should know better than raising your expectations too high. Nintendo always does things their way, whether for better or for worse.

NintendoFanWT

Twitter:

Kinoen

I hoped for Smash news and I got Smash news. Isabelle hype!

Kinoen

Ryu_Niiyama

@toiletduck Happiness is a fish that can not be caught. I'm still trying to figure out what everyone is still mad about the online service over.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Joe-b

@Agriculture Well, Pikmin 4 was "Almost done" 4-5 years ago. So you'll see something in 2025. I'm not a hater. Just disappointed. All this recycled stuff.

Joe-b

NintendoFanWT

@Ryu_Niiyama
It’s more like disappointment. The fact that there was little info in the beginning to convince people to buy NSO, the fact that some games won’t support it, including Splatoon, Dark Souls, and Pokémon, and that there was almost no new info was just plain bad.

NintendoFanWT

Twitter:

NintendoFanWT

@Joe-b Listen, it’s perfectly fine to feel disappointed that something you expected didn’t come, but to whine that it ruined the entire Direct is just childish. Learn to be appreciative off all the new stuff that we got and not just dismiss the other great stuff as “just recycled stuff.”

NintendoFanWT

Twitter:

-Green-

Good Direct. Confirmation for Luig 3 and Animal Crossing was nice.

But you suck Nintendo!! Awful Direct! No Monsta Hunta Storizu, and then Gamefreak makes a lookalike in Town.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ryu_Niiyama

@NintendoFanWT Not to give you a blank stare, but I still don't understand that view point. What were you looking for Nintendo to announce? Honest question. I mean really shouldn't the question be if you play games online or not more than anything else?

VC replacement? (nintendo never said that was the point)
The cloud saves thing got announced already (and people are still mad about that)...
voice chat? (I would have thought the app would have nipped that talk.)
Pricing was already laid out....

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Agriculture

Joe-b wrote:

@Agriculture Well, Pikmin 4 was "Almost done" 4-5 years ago. So you'll see something in 2025. I'm not a hater. Just disappointed. All this recycled stuff.

I was taken in by the presentation, but now that it has sunk in, I feel similar. I'm glad some older games are coming to the Switch, like FFX, but where's the new stuff? No Pikmin, no Metroid Prime, nothing shown from Bayonetta 3. Though I must say what I saw of Yoshi looked amazing.

Agriculture

NintendoFanWT

@Ryu_Niiyama
I suppose we just expected more. I mean, when you see the PS4 and XBOX ONE X’s online service, it provides more. I expected Nintendo to do the same as well, even with the limitations of the Switch.

NintendoFanWT

Twitter:

Agriculture

NintendoFanWT wrote:

@Joe-b Listen, it’s perfectly fine to feel disappointed that something you expected didn’t come, but to whine that it ruined the entire Direct is just childish. Learn to be appreciative off all the new stuff that we got and not just dismiss the other great stuff as “just recycled stuff.”

This is the kind of attitude that is hurting Nintendo. Learn to be appreciative? I'm a consumer and the idea that I should adapt my expectations around what one company offers is completely backwards. There should always exist the threat of consumers abandoning Nintendo if they don't provide what people want. If people keep buying their stuff no matter what, they'll never be forced to improve.

Agriculture

Ryu_Niiyama

@NintendoFanWT More what? I'm not trying to be a nuisance but I keep hearing this and nothing too substantial afterwards. Also I suppose one could argue that neither MS nor Sony released their online services in optimal states right out of the gate either...so this...um "more" that people are reaching for may come in time.

I just want folders myself.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

puNINTENDed

The online service is still disappointing but I didn't care too much when we're Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing next year. Also, that third party lineup keeps growing bigger. For that, I don't see the Switch slowing down anytime soon.

Edited on by puNINTENDed

puNINTENDed

NintendoFanWT

@Agriculture

I’ll concede that it was rather backwards. It should be the company pleasing the consumer rather than the opposite. I was just annoyed that he kept complaining about no Pikmin and just shot out my initial thoughts.

NintendoFanWT

Twitter:

Agriculture

NintendoFanWT wrote:

@Agriculture

I’ll concede that it was rather backwards. It should be the company pleasing the consumer rather than the opposite. I was just annoyed that he kept complaining about no Pikmin and just shot out my initial thoughts.

Okay, I guess some people got really bummed over the lack of Pikmin 4. Overall I do see your side of it also, and there where a lot of good announcements.

Agriculture

FaeKnight

The services Nintendo Switch Online offers are pretty comparable to the both Microsoft and Sony. "Play Online", "special members only deals", and "access to free games". The mechanics for the free games is different with each console. Microsoft lets you 'buy' the game for free if you're currently a member, then it's yours. Sony offers 3 or 4 games that you can play so long as you're a member, but the games change each month so if you want to keep playing the games you have to buy them. And Nintendo is providing access to an assortment NES games (maybe with SNES in the future) that will be growing over time.

Of the initial 20 games announced, 11 of them are ones I know I'll play and enjoy. Three of other ones I'll probably try. And of the games that will be releasing throughout the rest of the year, at least one each month is one I know I enjoy. And there's another one in both November and December I'm interested in trying. So I'd say this is a solid lineup of games.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

NintendoFanWT

@Ryu_Niiyama

I... don’t know myself. I mean, when you look at it by itself, NSO seems good enough as it is. Online multiplayer, voice chat, new games, cloud save data, and more rewards. It’s just, when you hear that other game systems have better services, you kind of raise the bar and hope it matches it. Other than the exclusion of certain games from cloud save, which is rather disappointing and lessens the appeal, there wasn’t much to raise or drop your opinion on it. And not knowing more just disappoints me. If you like NSO and plan to buy, good for you. With a reduced price of $20 a year, it justifies some of the limited abilities. But I feel... conflicted knowing it’s not up to par with other gaming online services.

NintendoFanWT

Twitter:

Joe-b

@Agriculture yah, I guess I'm even getting tired of the recycled stuff. See, I only played sega consoles until they screwed up royally and abandoned the hardware market. So I'm used to new innovative content. Sure, some games would have sequels but they would be new and fresh. Sega kept it coming. Awesome arcade hits and such. They had the experience. While early on nintendo used a monopoly strategy to get titles, sega had to create...anyway. I'm just wishing a killer virtual console or even some titles from way back...but they'll come in small waves eventually.

Edited on by Joe-b

Joe-b

kkslider5552000

Legitimately, as a Wii U owner and defender, if I got a Switch right now, there would be more games I would get on my Switch then I bought in the entire Wii U's lifespan, I'm fairly certain. That might've been true before this Direct even.

Like there's so many games. There's gonna be...like...what 8/9(?) Final Fantasy games. All in the next year. I'm stunned about that, Nintendo has NEVER gotten a mainline Final Fantasy after VI. Literally ever. This has been true for 20 years now. And now they just casually bringing most of the good ones over (all of the good ones if Pocket Edition somehow counts as XV :V).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

EvilLucario

Idk how people can be disappointed on the game side. Even with all the games announced outside of the Direct it was a really good one. Quite a bit of new announcements like Animal Crossing, Town (which I really want), and Luigi's Mansion 3 really made this Direct pretty dang packed, and they continued showing off awesome games like Daemon X Machina.

The online part though? Yeah. They literally said nothing new about the service. Hopefully those special offers are worth a bit. Not holding my breath though.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.