Forums

Topic: Nintendo Direct September 2018 Hopes and Predictions!

Posts 421 to 440 of 440

FaeKnight

EvilLucario wrote:

The online part though? Yeah. They literally said nothing new about the service. Hopefully those special offers are worth a bit. Not holding my breath though.

The first special offer will be a pair of Nintendo controllers for use with the NES Online Collection that cost $60 and you can only buy if you're currently a subscriber. That and... splatoon 2 outfits? Yeah, download codes for Nintendo Switch Online themed splatoon 2 outfits if you have a 12 month subscription.

Edited on by FaeKnight

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

ilikeike

@kkslider5552000 Yeah but we really, really need VI on Switch. At the very least they could port over the original SNES version (please don't give us the PC version, Square), but a remaster would be even better. It's probably the best RPG I've ever played (along with Chrono Trigger, of course, which also needs to be on Switch)

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

FaeKnight

I've always liked FFVIII, and have no idea why so many people consider it a bad game.

FaeKnight

iKhan

I've never played an FF game, this sounds like a great way to start!

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

FaeKnight

We're missing greats like FF4, 5, and 6. And FF1 is a solid game even now. FF2 was just weird due to it's leveling system and how it punished you for going even one step off the path they expect you to take even though you're given few clues on where to go usually. FF3 is an interesting game from what I've played of it too. Hopefully all six of them come to NES Online. Or at least the first 3.

FaeKnight

Octane

@EvilLucario I wish we got to see more gameplay of games like Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion, maybe TOWN too, since that one is coming next year too and we only got like 30 seconds of gameplay. I always prefer new IPs over existing ones, and I want Nintendo to take on a big new IP on the scale of a Mario or Zelda game. Seeing old franchises, is neat, but without something that sets them apart feel a bit like ''well, here's another Animal Crossing for you, and another Luigi's Mansion!''. It's the opposite what I want from Nintendo. If it's an old IP, show me what's different. But it's cool we know they're coming. It's a bit like the Metroid Prime 4 reveal; a logo and a promise of ''coming in the future'' isn't doing a whole lot for me

Octane

gcunit

Octane wrote:

It's a bit like the Metroid Prime 4 reveal; a logo and a promise of ''coming in the future'' isn't doing a whole lot for me

Hear dat. Always makes me imagine Reggie or someone reviewing the Direct half an hour before it's due to air and yelling "Is that all we've got? Quick, grab a logo for one of our core IPs and put a vague timescale on it, that'll have to do for now, we can start thinking about it next year".

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Qwertyninty

Did nothing for me. It is what it is.

Qwertyninty

Buizel

EvilLucario wrote:

Idk how people can be disappointed on the game side. Even with all the games announced outside of the Direct it was a really good one. Quite a bit of new announcements like Animal Crossing, Town (which I really want), and Luigi's Mansion 3 really made this Direct pretty dang packed, and they continued showing off awesome games like Daemon X Machina.

I agree. Ongoing support for the 3DS, some desirable updates to Nintendo's evergreens, previously announced games (pokemon, Mario Party, yoshi, smash) all look great, third party support is excellent, and they even revealed two new big first party games.

I can understand if there was nothing there for you personally (games are, of course, a matter of personal taste) , but anyone who thinks it's a bad direct may need to rethink their standards.

At least 2'8".

Anti-Matter

FaeKnight wrote:

I've always liked FFVIII, and have no idea why so many people consider it a bad game.

Yo !
I'm thinking the same way about FF VIII.
For me, FF VIII was Instant 9 / 10 RPG game from SquareEnix.
Great gameplay, Great Character design (Simple yet sophisticated, unlike FF X / X-2 was Too Harajuku for me despite i like FF X-2 than X itself), OMG Musics (Liberty Fatali was sooo Majestic).

Maybe some peoples called FF VIII = Bad due to Enemies can ALSO Level Up when your party leveled up, Equipment system changed into Upgrade weapons Only, Magics treated as Items that you can obtain from Draw Points / Draw from enemies.

Anti-Matter

FaeKnight

The romantic supplot and somewhat slow pacing are the usual reasons I see for why the game is considered "bad". Which is just a head scratcher to me. Yes the story has a slow pacing. But then again so do most Final Fantasy games. And that is entirely because they are a jrpg and thus expect you to spend a lot of time grinding enemies for resources. And I thought the romantic subplot was well paced and well written. You can see Squall's shift from taciturn and somewhat anti-social loner to his embracing having friends. And the shift in personality feels justified. You can see how and why he goes from resenting Renoa for intruding into his life and viewing protecting her as "just a job" to caring for her. And each stage of their relationship feels natural. So by the time their relationship reaches it's high point (the sequence in space with the Ragnorok it feels good. Yes, such scenes go on for a bit. But they are suppose to be emotional.

Sure enemies level with you, but that just means that regardless of how much grinding for resources you do you'll still be faced with a challenge. That's not a bad thing. Having a boss fight trivialized because you had to spend hours grinding random encounters to get the rare parts needed for your next set of equipment upgrades always feels disappointing. Of course it does mean that some fights are better done early, such as Diablos.

FaeKnight

FaeKnight

Not playing the game right now (have to reinstall it on PC currently), and neither name is in spellcheck at all. Also don't feel like looking up names atm when I'm posting during downtime in other things (such as waiting for a game to finish updating)

FaeKnight

Eel

I didn't really like the setting and mechanics in VIII. Kinda lost interest after a few hours.

Then again I've never liked the whole "super special school for super special kids" theme. And I'm not super fond of the broody angsty teen protagonist archetype either.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

troy258

In my opinion the direct wasn't good but it wan't bad either. I'm excited for animal crossing and luigi's mansion in 2019 and the final fantasy games are great but I was hoping for something else this year. For example: an older assassins creed game, prey, dishonered collection, far cry 3 classic edition (out on ps4), wonderful 101 port, tokyo mirrage sessions port.

troy258

Viewbob

I thought it was great! Well paced and very exciting! There are a few things I was really hoping for, and would have really dug a Geno smash confirm, but other than that I loved it!!

They say being drunk isn't too different from being sleep deprived.
In that case I've been on a two-week bender.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.