Forums

Topic: Nintendo Direct September 2018 Hopes and Predictions!

Posts 381 to 400 of 440

Dezzy

Joeynator3000 wrote:

is ready for the Direct
I swear, if I see another new game with Ultimate in the title...

Lol there was a Deluxe and a Maxima but no Ultimate

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Buizel

I'm tempted to say that's the best Direct that we've ever had from Nintendo. They really knocked it out of of the park imo.

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder why I own any other systems. Just take my money Nintendo!

That said, it's a shame that there's not more to the online service. But I'll be too busy playing games to care.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Harmonie

Well... Animal Crossing is confirmed to be a thing, but I always knew it was coming. I really want to see it! Luigi's Mansion 3 was a nice surprise. I didn't see that coming when they were advertising the 3DS port of the GCN version.

They officially cemented the online service as not worthwhile at all with this Direct. They could reveal absolutely nothing. I hate to be proven right. I hoped they had at least a LITTLE something up their sleeve, but they had absolutely nothing.

NSMBU Deluxe. I'm just going to pretend that doesn't exist.

Seeing Final Fantasy VII come to the Switch is neat. I've never been able to get into the FF series, but I might try that.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Eel

That was like "here's Final Fantasy! but wait there's more! But wait there's more! But wait there's more! But wait there's more! But..."

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

boop22

alright that ending was sick

boop22

TuVictus

I was honestly super ecstatic about the FF ports, especially X/X-2 and 12. Having them on the switch is gonna be something else.

TuVictus

iLikeUrAttitude

this was one of the most disappointing directs in a while. Most of the stuff was announced for 2019 and the announcements we had were either already announced or were for already existing games like the Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 announcement.
Still no new information on the Nintendo Switch online.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Agriculture

When are they showing Metroid Prime 4 gameplay?!

Agriculture

FaeKnight

CheepCheepAngler wrote:

Was hoping for more on the paid online...

They did update the site with a LOT more info now.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Harmonie

@Yosheel Still neat to see some real Final Fantasy titles coming to Switch for the first time. Most of it was shovelware and disappointing, but then they got VII, IX, X, X-2, and XII (Forgive me if I botched up any of those roman numerals lol) and that was pretty neat. It's a pretty big deal to see these titles on a Nintendo system, I think.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Joe-b

That Direct really stunk. No Pikmin, Like we didn't know AC was coming, More Smash....what a waste. Just recycled crap. They should call it, "Nintendo Recycler" My sisters box is more direct.

Joe-b

toiletduck

I'm stunned to see that some people are highly disappointed by this. How..? Just... How...?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Joe-b

@Buizel Really? I can't tell if it's sarcasm due to how bad it was...I thought it was more recycled bull crap. That's all they do. Recycle. We knew AC was coming. No Pikmin 4. Just a bummer. I had high hopes.

Joe-b

Eel

Harmonie wrote:

@Yosheel Still neat to see some real Final Fantasy titles coming to Switch for the first time. Most of it was shovelware and disappointing, but then they got VII, IX, X, X-2, and XII (Forgive me if I botched up any of those roman numerals lol) and that was pretty neat. It's a pretty big deal to see these titles on a Nintendo system, I think.

I'd say X2 is probably the only "shoveware" in the final fantasy list... There's a reason they stick that one to X.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

link3710

@Agriculture Almost certainly not until E3 2019 at the earliest. They've already confirmed it was only announced early to keep people from boycotting Samus Retrurns, as it had just entered development.

Anyways, I'm going to get to play FF VII, IX, X and XII finally, and new Luigi's Mansion, and New Animal Crossing, and new Katamari Damacy, and it looks like they might bring over every FF at the rate their going, Yoshi got a release date, and Game Freak is making something other than Pokemon.

(Also Assassin's Creed Odyssey Cloud Edition is coming in Japan... that's just so weird)

link3710

Agriculture

Octane wrote:

@Agriculture That's a 2020 game, maybe 2021

Oh well, at least it'll come eventually, unlike Half Life 3.

Agriculture

Agriculture

Yosheel wrote:

I'd say X2 is probably the only "shoveware" in the final fantasy list... There's a reason they stick that one to X.

I remember when that game came out. Everyone wanted a prequel where you played through when Jecht, Braska and Auron defeated Sin. Instead we got that awful game. The funny thing though is that it's not even the worst game in the FFX/FFX-2 HD collection. There's actually a third game where Yuna and some other people go to a tower and have to fight through levels of the tower to get to the top. Everything is on a grid and it's just incredibly boring.

Agriculture

NintendoFanWT

This Direct is one that exceeded my expectations, and failed to reach it as well. One one hand, the beginning and the end are great. Luigi’s Mansion 3; Animal Crossing on the Switch; Isabelle in Smash; new Smash bundle. They were all really great and really made me full of hype. The rest was interesting, and very good. Starlink, Splatoon 2, a new RPG, Yoshi, and more FF. But there were one disappointment I have with it. And it’s a big one.

The info on Nintendo Switch Online. It didn’t add anything. Other than the info we already knew and some vague promises of rewards, there was none that really convinced me to buy it. Even the NES games, which was the one thing I was hoping would interest me in them, barely got more than a glance. With NSO already feeling lackluster and it being in hot water for not supporting all games with cloud save data, it just was bad. Even with the $20 per year rate, NSO is going to need to up its game to interest me, and probably a lot of other people

Still, even with the disappointment that was NSO, I still really loved this Direct. I’m pretty hyped for some of these games, even if they’ll only be launched in 2019. I’ve been waiting for a while, and I can wait some more.

NintendoFanWT

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.