Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 4,701 to 4,720 of 15,474

sixrings

@jump wait till we get the nvidia TP port which looks worse than the Wii u port. All hell will break loose.

sixrings

Octane

@jump I don't really care about the work put into it if the end result isn't worth it. The ''remaster'' already looked dated on the Wii U. Both the textures and models are quite bad. That game needs a complete overhaul to make it presentable by today's standards. It needed a full remake like Shadow of the Colossus, not a remaster.

Octane

Octane

@Slowdive The gameplay is fine. But visually it's not much of an improvement over the original. Why bother if you're not going to bring it up to today's standards?

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

It was only really the models that needed updating in the Wii U version. Everything else looked fine and fit with the original style they were going for!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BenAV

Keen for the Indie World Showcase. Next best thing to a general Direct. Always some good stuff.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

I'll take a peek tomorrow to see what's good. My only hopes are for silksong, sports story, and axiom verge info.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

So has anyone actually said Indie World is a week before the main Direct? Or are we just assuming because it's happened before?

Octane

@Dezzy These textures won't win you a beauty contest either.

Untitled

Octane

BabyYoda71

@Octane “Even compared to other Wii U games.”

Rude.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

BabyYoda71

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy These textures won't win you a beauty contest either.

Untitled

Nor will these.
Untitled

Dezzy

@Octane

That's the gamecube version dude. They redid the texture on the Wii U.

BabyYoda71

@Octane Wii U is an excellent console with excellent games.

Octane

@Dezzy I think I mistook your comment for saying that all they had to do was update the models for the Wii U remaster, and everything else was fine. Textures were definitely better in the remaster. But it still feels like it's being held back by its models, and general lack of details. More foliage would certainly help to make that world feel less flat. But maybe I'm overestimating the Wii U's capabilities.

Octane

Krull

Not sure why so many comments are about Silksong, Axiom Verge 2 and Sports Story, and the like. They’ve all already featured in Directs, haven’t they? Surely it’s better to get stuff that hasn’t already been announced.

Maybe we’ll get the official confirmation of Disco Elysium? I’d also really like to see something like Outer Wilds announced.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

BabyYoda71

What if... Nintendo hires an indie company... to make the Mario Remasters... and features it tomorrow?

Gee, I hope that doesn’t happen.

Dezzy

@Octane

I meant all they had to do (as well as the stuff they already fixed on the Wii U) was fix the models. Just double the polycount would probably be fine for the most part. And maybe add a bit more detail like plants too.

Kinda like they did with the Xenoblade Remaster. Something like this for TP would make so much difference. It made Xenoblade feel pretty much perfect, except for the disappointing handheld resolution.

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

BabyYoda71

Would Harmonix be considered indie? What about NCSOFT?

Dezzy

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

What if... Nintendo hires an indie company... to make the Mario Remasters... and features it tomorrow?

Doesn't really count as "Indie" once you're hired by a big publisher.

That's pretty what they did for Twilight Princess HD though. The developer Tantalus who did the upgrade is not owned by Nintendo at all, and is a pretty small company. They just hired them for that one job.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic