Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,401 to 12,420 of 12,621

Twilite9

I'm calling it now: the next Direct will feature Ring Fit Adventure 2!
The previous game came out over 2 years ago and sold like ring-shaped hotcakes.
Also it's a game that doesn't need to be held back to bolster the next Switch's launch lineup (as opposed to the next Metroid or Mario).

Edited on by Twilite9

Twilite9

Bunkerneath

@Twilite9 It will be a complication of Ring Fit and Switch Sports to promote activity or something like that, they will try and flog a dead horse more than just bringing out a sequel, look at MarioKart 8

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

@Giancarlothomaz Too early? It's been 4 years since the restart. 4 years of dev time is far enough into development that you should expect to see something, most games take about 3-5 years to develop.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Giancarlothomaz

@Bolt_Strike Retro Studios is still hiring profissionals for importants role in the game, such as lead concept artist, gameplay engineer,senior techinal artist,VFX artist and material artist, do you really believe with all this jobs aplications Retro Studios is still looking for Metroid Prime 4, they gonna show the game now?, no the game still way off to release, problaby 3/ 4 year more in waiting for it release

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

dew12333

I have a feeling in my belly that the next direct will be announced this week coming, fingers crossed.

dew12333

DjinnFighter

@Giancarlothomaz It actually means nothing, big projects like that hire important roles until almost the end of the project (if someone left for example). And in the list of jobs you named, nothing is that "important", they surely already have concept artists, gameplay engineers, technical artists, VFX artists and material artists, they just want more to help with the development.

DjinnFighter

Grumblevolcano

It came to mind that the MH Digital Event is a lot later than usual. The previous ones were at 2pm or 3pm UK time but this one is at 11pm UK time.

Feels like either there's a Direct/State of Play in its normal slot or there's a Direct/State of Play just before the Digital Event (10pm UK time) which features the game.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kermit1

@Grumblevolcano Hmmm. Time to put on the sherlock hat again.

Currently Playing:

Known to be quirky on occasion

Adamn

middle of the march for sure

Adamn

TeaCatherine

@Giancarlothomaz Reasoning? (Don't dare post a video.)

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice, River City Girls
Currently looking to branch out into other games that aren't Jrpgs/Visual novels.
Likely to drone on, sorry, y'all.

TeaCatherine

@Giancarlothomaz Actually that's not true (look at the Wikipedia page if you don't believe me.) For instance last years February Direct was on the 9th and there have been plenty near the beginning of the month.

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice, River City Girls
Currently looking to branch out into other games that aren't Jrpgs/Visual novels.
Likely to drone on, sorry, y'all.

VoidofLight

I sincerely hope it isn't the 15th or 16th, since I won't be able to watch it at all if it is. Also yeah, Nintendo usually does a direct at the beginning of the month, within the first or second weeks.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Grumblevolcano

The past showcases that in general a February Direct can be on any week except the final week as that week belongs to Pokemon. It's the stuff we know is happening but know little about that suggests earlier in the month. I mentioned earlier in the thread about Splatoon 3 Season 3 but also I remembered that Square Enix generally loves to shadow drop "final" demos a few weeks before launch in Directs and as Octopath 2 is launching February 24th, that doesn't leave much room for a demo.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

I'm pretty certain if we are to get a Direct in February that it'll be within the first week or two. Not only is it a pretty common occurence (like @VoidofLight said) but there's also the worst kept secret of a Pokemon Presents most likely happening at the end of the month to coincide with a new Pokemon SV update. Based off of the last time we've had a Direct and Presents in the same month (February 2022), Nintendo like to separate them out as much humanly possible in order for both to get the most amount of reach possible. This combined with the eShop data updating it's listings for TOTK and Advance Wars and it seems pretty likely that we're gonna be having a fun night in the near future

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently on a retro game bender (DS, Wii and PS3 my beloved)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic