Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,401 to 12,420 of 15,763

Grumblevolcano

@MarioBrickLayer I do think Prime 4 is 2024 (not as a Switch successor title though as the massive increase in Switch production suggests Switch successor isn't happening until 2025 at the earliest, Switch revision in 2023 seems likely) but I don't think we'll see any Prime news without an update on Prime 4. So like if Prime remaster(s) were to appear, the announcement would be followed by a teaser of Prime 4.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Giancarlothomaz

@ChaoticKirby at least 4/5 minutes of the first Nintendo Direct of the year, will problaby be dedicated to Legend of zelda Tears of the Kingdom, with Nintendo anuncing a dedicated Direct for the game later problaby in march/april,@Grumblevolcano, @MarioBrickLayer e @TeaCatherine, as i stated severals times here and in the Nintendo Switch forum, i believe Nintendo will release the rumored Metroid Prime trilogy HD remaster, Metroid Prime 1 remaster/remake if they are real, one year/6 months before the release of Metroid Prime 4, supose the rumored Metroid Prime trilogy/Metroid Prime 1 remake/remaster is real and release this octobre, and in next octobre Nintendo finaly release Metroid Prime 4, anything is possible, this could happen or not, Nintendo could tie the release of Metroid prime 4 to this games i mentioned or just release Metroid Prime 4 without any previous games tied to them, only a Nintendo Direct will answer our doubt

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

MarioBrickLayer

@TeaCatherine If you mean MP1 then a few commentators (like NateTheHate) who speculate on releases have been adamant it exists, they never use the language they used about MP1 unless they are sure.

I think there is less certainty about the new 2D game but it makes sense with the success of Metroid Dread.

MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

@Grumblevolcano The increase in production does support the theory of the switch successor coming in 2025, but i'm not sure - you might be right!

I think there are only 3 possible hardware stories this year:-
1. ToTK themed release
2. OLED Lite
3. Retirement of the LCD Switch

I don't think we see any improved specs until the successor in 2024 or 2025.

MarioBrickLayer

ChaoticMagolor

@Giancarlothomaz I was considering that. Now that I really think about it, it makes more sense than just solely a direct. The latter would make the Internet go berserk.

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

TeaCatherine

@MarioBrickLayer Don't suppose you know of any way for me to check their track record?

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

MarioBrickLayer

@ElRoberico The original story was the MP trilogy was being ported but a while later new info came out about MP1 being more than a basic port. So either something changed during development or someone closer to the project leaked more accurate info.

MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

@TeaCatherine Not sure what sites are out there which track this stuff, but there have been quite a few things he got right. He got something wrong last year though, he said we'd get ports of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, he's still adamant they are done butnfor whatever reason they are holding them back.

MarioBrickLayer

TeaCatherine

@MarioBrickLayer A quick search did not provide much, but it seems he's one of the people who kept going on about a Switch Pro.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

IceClimbers

I wonder what 3rd party ports they'll announce in the next Direct. Hard to think of what could get announced. Maybe another Aspyr Star Wars port?

Disney Illusion Island will probably show up though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

westman98

Jeff Grubb says the Direct is next week (week of Feb 6). He usually has solid sources about upcoming Direct air dates (even if he doesn't have good sources about the actual contents of said Directs) so I think we won't have to wait too long.

Edited on by westman98

westman98

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Every Direct for 2021 and 2022 has had unannounced Square Enix games appear so it's a safe guess Square Enix announces more stuff. Maybe have another big Final Fantasy segment like in September 2018 given Sony events would likely be all focused on FFXVI and FFVII Rebirth on that front.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ChaoticMagolor

@IceClimbers This may be way out there, but I hope that we finally get a remaster of both Epic Mickey games. I just want Disney to acknowledge it again, it’s so good.

Edited on by ChaoticMagolor

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano That wouldn't surprise me one bit. At the very least we'll get another Octopath II demo most likely.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Fizza
Take this with a grain of Nacli but it is an interesting thought 🤔
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StuTwo

Let's face it - it's about time that Nintendo gets around to being Nintendo. We got a Wii Sports revival last year so I'm guessing it's about time for Wii Music to make a comeback. My prediction: the IR sensor can be used to see your lip movements whilst you're playing the imaginary clarinet.

Also - the big game presented will be a Mario vs DK sequel and Nintendo has heard you loud and clear clammering for a new F-Zero. Knowing how much everyone loved it when they farmed the series out to Sega they'll be announcing something sure to be a fan-pleasing event... a mini-game collection made by the Ubisoft team that made the most recent Rabbids game (not the Mario cross-over).

Oh and Zelda will be delayed or it'll be announced that there's some clearly dodgy game breaking mechanic in it (like the trailer will make it clear that the game is 50% mandatory instant fail stealth sections or spend most of its run time explaining a Gwent in-game card game).

It's just that point in the Nintendo cycle...

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

LiNeR

My Uncle that works at Nintendo told me what’s going to be in next week’s Direct.

It will open up with Miyamoto introducing the Direct and saying how he is super excited for the Super Mario movie. A trailer will then start announcing a new 2D Super Mario game, that differs from the New Super Mario Bros gameplay and artsyle. It will contain elements reminiscent of Super Mario Bros 2. As the trailer finishes the date 2023 will fade in.

Then will we get a new trailer for Kirby’s Return to Dreamland showing off the Mech-Copy ability and the new minigames more.

There will then be a trailer for a new Rhythm Heaven game. My Uncle does know much about it, but he says its not just a compilation. Reportedly, they are aiming for a June 2 release date.

After a stylized transition, we’ll see the Deep Cut idols announcing an update. A trailer will then play for the 3.0.0 update showing off 2 New Stages (The Reef from Splatoon 2 and the Desert stage previously shown to us), 3 New Weapons (in the Bow, Brush, and Slosher classes), 8 New weapon kits, and 2 new Cohozuna Salmonid types.

A handful of RPGs and adventure games will be shown off and then a short Octopath Traveller II trailer will play, also announcing a demo releasing later that day.

Suprise! Tomodochi Life Remastered! This will feature even more dialogue opportunities than the 3DS original and will feature the Mii-maker from Grezzo’s Miitopia port.

A short highlight reel of some games we already know are coming to Switch will play and then we’ll receive a new trailer for Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp. It will be releasing soon on April 14, but the game will not look very different than we saw it less, other than the custom map maker, which has received many more features.

Yoshiaki Koizumi will then thank you for watching the presentation, but there is one more thing they want to show off. A trailer will fade in from black showing off the skies above and caves below Hyrule. This will be similar to the 2017 Nintendo Switch presentation for Breath of the Wild. Finally Gameplay. But, many story points will still be left mysterious. Eiji Aonuma will announce that he is excited to show off more in a Legend of Zelda Direct on March 3.

I dont know about you guys but, I am super excited for the Direct.

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers It seemed rather odd that they chose FFXIII for the Theatrhythm demo given currently the only modern systems you can play the FFXIII trilogy on are the ones that aren't getting Theatrhythm. So my idea for a FF segment in the Direct was something like:

• Reminder Theatrhythm exists
  • Pixel Remaster Collection release date
  • FFXIII trilogy announcement
  • FF Tactics announcement
  • 1 more announcement

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic