Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,381 to 12,400 of 15,474

ElRoberico

@Grumblevolcano so is that why I was earning so many Gold Points?

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Bunkerneath

@Grumblevolcano Normally the Direct is on a Thursday, but announced on the Tuesday (I think, with Indies announced the day before), so none this week

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@ElRoberico If you're a NSO Expansion Pack subscriber, yes.

@Bunkerneath Airing time in the past has decided announcement time:

• Airing around 2pm/3pm UK time means announcement 2 days before
  • Airing around 10pm/11pm UK time means announcement the day before

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TeaCatherine

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Bunkerneath Airing time in the past has decided announcement time:

• Airing around 2pm/3pm UK time means announcement 2 days before
  • Airing around 10pm/11pm UK time means announcement the day before

Last year's, February Direct was one of the 10/11PM ones, if the above statement is true, there's still a chance for this week.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

ElRoberico

I must confess because of the transfer deadline (Jorgi </3) and the upcoming DC Films slate, it's got me very much in a "C'mon. Do something." mode with Nintendo too.

ChaoticMagolor

Any opinions on the chance of TLoZ TotK appearing in the direct? I personally believe that it might get its own direct, highlighting mostly the new features and teasing a bit of the story.

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

TeaCatherine

@ChaoticKirby I think it'll get a short segment, but what do I know.

StarPoint

@ChaoticKirby I think 100% it's gonna take a good-sized chunk of the Direct. The game is only like 4 months away and we've hardly received any news or marketing at this point. I could see a separate direct coming afterward, too, or maybe a Treehouse.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Grumblevolcano

@ChaoticKirby I think it'll be a large segment in the middle of the Direct like what they did for Fire Emblem Three Houses in February 2019 and then do a TotK Direct in April.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

TotK is the biggest release of the year for Nintendo.

It warrants having a Direct all to its lonesome sometime in late April.

I would be surprised if it even got a segment in this upcoming Direct.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

ElRoberico

TotK is at the very least getting a massive trailer at the direct. I agree with a lot of other people that it's probably getting its own thing.

I think the more interesting question is what is going to be the "something extra" at the end. What do y'all think?

StarPoint

@ElRoberico My foolish, hungry brain tells me the "One last thing" will be Prime 4. But at this point, I have no idea. I've been predicting that for like the past year so I can't really say the chances are very high.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Magician

If the "one last thing" can't be a Fantasy Life HD port for Switch (damn you and your financial woes, Level-5), then at the very least I would accept a Kid Icarus Uprising HD port announcement.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

@ElRoberico Prime 4 as the development restart video happened 4 years ago earlier this month and we've been seeing missing games reappear at a faster rate recently like Pikmin 4's first announcement was being "very close to completion" in 2015 and then reappeared in the September 2022 Direct for a 2023 release.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

ElRoberico

@Magician I want that port so, so badly. Kid Icarus Uprising on Switch is the dream.

@StarPoint @Grumblevolcano yeah, Prime 4 feels most likely it, even if I'm hoping for the Donkey Kong rumors to be true.

TeaCatherine

Finally someone said what I've been thinking, quite a lot of people on this site on this site seem to think MP4 is a dead cert for the Switches' successor, but everyone thought Bayonetta 3 was cancelled/vapourware. After years of silence, a trailer and then it releases that very year, probably the same thing will happen with Metroid Prime 4.

Grumblevolcano

Given the Left 4 Dead games are being delisted from the Xbox store next week (February 7th), I'm going to predict there's a Switch port of 2 announced in the next Direct like how last February had the Portal collection.

Grumblevolcano

MarioBrickLayer

@Grumblevolcano @ElRoberico @TeaCatherine Assuming the rumours about a Metroid Prime 1 remaster/port are true, surely that releases before MP4?

I think MP1 is this year, MP4 is next year (part of the launch line up for the switch replacement) and then we get the recently rumoured 2D Metroid Dread follow up and MP2 + 3 ports in 2025 and 2026...

MarioBrickLayer

TeaCatherine

@MarioBrickLayer I thought that was just one of those rumours that doesn't really have any solid proof for it's existence?

ElRoberico

@TeaCatherine Yeah, there's conflicting MP info out there. Some have said there's a straight-up port of the Trilogy, while others have said that it's only Prime 1. There's also nothing substantial other than insiders.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic