Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Posts 341 to 360 of 627

dionysos283

I'm curious: What's your favorite character so far? I only really played as Link, but I think I will try out Impa and Zelda next. Link is pretty fun, though!

dionysos283

TheFrenchiestFry

@Eel Wouldn't surprise me. Joker was very much a similar case with Persona 5 Scramble

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Dezzy

I get the sense I'm in the minority on this, but I'd really prefer if these games had far fewer playable characters, but more depth and unlockable skills to each of their movesets.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Dezzy If that's your stance you're really gonna dig Scramble when it comes domestically just saying

It has exactly what you're looking for. Not even saying that just as a Persona fan

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

dionysos283

I just tried out Impa. She is really a beast! But I find her move set a little confusing and she's so overpowered that it's not even fun anymore. It takes away all of the strategy. Am I missing something here?

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

dionysos283

@ToadBrigade
Sure, but with Link it's still fun. Impa is so overpowered that it almost kills the fun for me. 😕

dionysos283

Ryu_Niiyama

I adore Impa and Zelda but as soon as Urbosa is unlocked, it’s lightning strikes all day everyday for me. I’ve waited for this for nearly 3 years.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

rallydefault

Do you get a different set of rewards if you go back to beat a level on a different difficulty, or is it really just one clear on any difficulty to get the one-time rewards?

rallydefault

GameOtaku

Who else is going to have a starting sword that’ll end up stronger than the weapons you can get when the game launches? I’ve just been grinding and fusing swords since last Saturday!

GameOtaku

dionysos283

You can add new abilities to your sword at levels 5, 10, and 20, right?

dionysos283

Eel

We kinda know that.

Some of us are just used to games like it and/or don't notice the performance dips enough for it to bother us.

It's ok and it doesn't invalidate your experience 💖✨

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Mountain_Man

Not substantially different than any other [fill in the blank] Warriors game, but that's fine, because it's a tried and true formula that remains fun. My only concern is the performance. I was hoping that this being a dedicated Switch game rather than Wii U port that they could have better optimized it, but, no it's a bit janky at times. Not sure if I'm going to buy it.

The Mountain Man

alpacatears

I've been playing Fire Emblem Warriors in the run up to the release and I think one of my favorite aspects is the different classes having weaknesses to certain enemy types. I hope that Age of Calamity has something similar to give the game some depth.

alpacatears

Eel

@alpacatears it seems instead of specific characters types having advantages and weaknesses, it's enemy weaknesses to specific runes.

It largely benefits Zelda herself, since her normal moveset involves runes, and the runes she generates do seem to activate these same weaknesses on enemies.

Interestingly enough, the first Hyrule Warriors did have an elemental system. However, It was... Weird.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic