Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Posts 281 to 300 of 627

Grumblevolcano

For those wondering how to save manually, you can press "-" on the world map and it brings up the controls as well as:

• Save
  • Load
  • Tutorials
  • Gallery
  • Options
  • To Title Screen

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

Just now finding out how destructive the environment is. Oh yeah this is gonna be good.

Impa is almost insanely OP (as usual) and I love all the little nods to BoTW like Impa and her sitting pillow. I love Zelda’s moveset. Although I miss Warrior Princess Zelda from the first HW (but she was based upon OoT and TP Zelda) this earnest wrecking ball of a Scholar Zelda so fits her current incarnation’s personality. I started canceling other preorders as this will be my jam for the holiday season.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Pirate1

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Just now finding out how destructive the environment is. Oh yeah this is gonna be good.

What do you mean by this? I saw only some boxes sitting around that had gems in them. Did I miss something big?

Pirate1

link3710

@TexanSansei In OG Hyrule Warriors, new weapons were awarded for story progression. You'd find new weapons at certain points in the story, after which that weapon type would be added to the random drops. I'm guessing it'll be similar here, but it also seems likely better weapons will drop in later chapters is also just how this one works.

link3710

Raylax

@ToadBrigade The core of it is really straightforward - Y is light attack, X is strong attack. The vast majority of combos in the game are some number of Y presses followed by a single X press. So a typical character's full basic moveset looks something like:

X (basic strong attack)
Y -> X (combo 1)
Y -> Y -> X (combo 2)
Y -> Y -> Y -> X (combo 3)
Y -> Y -> Y -> Y -> X (combo 4)
Y -> Y -> Y -> Y -> Y -> X (combo 5)
Y -> Y -> Y -> Y -> Y -> Y (full 'light' combo)

The strong attack your character executes depends on which combo you used, so experiment and work out what's good for what situation. For example (forgive me if I'm misremembering the fine details, I only played the demo for a short while a few days ago), Link's basic strong attack does a spin attack, whilst his combo 2 does an upslash into the air, so you can either attack enemies in the air or pull out your parasail and fly around for a bit.

There's some variation here and there - some characters might have multiple stages to the strong attack part of the combo, so you can get things like Y -> Y -> X -> X -> X, or Link can pull off a charged spin attack by holding X until his sword glows and then releasing - so play with each character and work out how they all work. If the original HW is anything to go by, they're quite good at making a basic combat system go a long way.

There's also a lot of extra wrinkles in AoC - all characters also have access to runes (if the demo is representative of the full roster), which themselves constitute a small unique moveset per character; they all have a unique attack bound to ZR (arrow volley for link, exploding placed cryonis blocks for zelda, etc); and elemental rods can be found and used too. Also as Eel mentions (in what I suspect will be largely limited to Link), different types of equippable weapons add little changes to the combos.

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Ryu_Niiyama

@Pirate1 I accidentally leveled a bokoblin skull cave on top of the occupants, making it easy to collect the enemy chest that was inside. Also tree bombing.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

rallydefault

I have a few hours in the demo and I'm loving it. I am a bit disappointed in the slight choppiness of the graphics, though, which sometimes leads to slight input lag. I especially notice it when I try to use the paraglider - the animation doesn't look like it registers, so I end up hitting the button an extra time which makes the paraglider come out and then instantly cancel.

I was hoping they'd have an option for framerate or better graphics like Fire Emblem Warriors did.

rallydefault

Raylax

@Eel So I did. Long day. Fixed.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

MPSSislit

@link3710
Okay, thanks for replying to me.
At least it's better than all the weapons breaking, like in BOTW.
I don't remember weapons break in OG Hyrule Warriors, as I don't believe that was a thing.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

chipia

Does anybody else find the regular enemies way too passive? Even on Very Hard they mostly just stand around and barely attack. This seems kinda boring and ruins the immersion.

chipia

Beaucine

@chipia

Yeah, though I think it's almost by design. They're supposed to be cannon fodder on the way to the big, important enemies. It's probably done that way so you're always charging forward instead of finding cover and funneling them to a hiding spot.

Beaucine

link3710

@Ninjalaislit Basically, the breakable weapons replace the Super Bombs, Gale Boomerang, Light Arrows, Super Hammer, and Clawshot as upgraded weapons that let you deal bonus elemental damage for a bit. But instead of being timed, it's based on number of hits.

...also the new weapons are significantly better to actually use in a fight.

link3710

MPSSislit

@link3710
Oh, okay. That definitely stinks. I'm kind of getting tired of breakable weapons of being a thing, but I guess I'll have to get used to it. (At least, in BOTW related games).
I'll hopefully have time this weekend to try out the demo, and figure out any more questions I have, but we'll see.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Dezzy

So what are the odds they'll fix some of the framerate issues before launch. It's less than a month away, so I'm guessing they're quite low.

It has slightly dented my enthusiasm for the game, given that it's not a genre I care hugely about anyway. If I bought it, it would mostly be for the story and lore, and to explore some more of the past hyrule environments. The gameplay is fairly mediocre as far as I'm concerned.

So it's kinda annoying they've given me another unnecessary negative.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

theWildLink

I've downloaded and played the demo, but framerate issues are not allowing me to enjoy the game at its fullest. However, I believe they will fix it once the full game will come out, if not with first day update then within few days - far as I can recall Breath of the Wild had somewhat the same issue with frames dropping at some locations.

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Switch Friend Code: SW-1849-2485-4394

SilentHunter382

Honestly I wouldn't mind the inconsistent Resolution if the framerate was a solid 30. Will they have a performance fix on release day, Maybe but framerate should be their first focus now with aiming to get a solid 30 with the inconsistent resolution then worry about having a stable resolution afterwards.

Xbox/PSN/NID/Steam/Origin = SilentHunter382
3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394 | Nintendo Network ID: SilentHunter382 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Don't think I've seen a demo that transfers save data to the main game perform differently from the main game so I'd guess this is the final resolution and framerate. I think it's probably that the rumoured new Switch revision for 2021 has this game being more stable so kind of like a Hyrule Warriors Legends type situation (comparing New 3DS to OG 3DS) but less extreme.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Dezzy Don't think I've seen a demo that transfers save data to the main game perform differently from the main game so I'd guess this is the final resolution and framerate.

Those things are completely independent of one another though, so I think that's probably an incidental correlation.
It's not like they save the framerate in the save file.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic