Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Posts 261 to 280 of 627

ajm222

Dumb question, but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to save. Is that even an option in the demo?

ajm222

link3710

@ajm222 It should save automatically after every battle, and whenever you do anything worth saving in the menus (such as completing sidequests or changing options) if it's anything like the first one.

link3710

ajm222

@link3710 thanks! It did fortunately save about half way through what I was doing it seems, but I think I’ve also lost some progress. Had assumed, like BOTW or something, that I could save whenever and wherever.

ajm222

Ralizah

@ajm222 You can save outside of battles in the overworld map by pressing... the minus button, I believe. It's how I saved.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Pirate1

It may be typical for HW (didn’t play the previous one), but the amount of places you are restricted from going to (tops of rocks to jump down on enemy’s in outposts, towers, trees, stairs that can’t be climbed, lead enemy horde behind skull encampment and do magnificent combo in confined area, etc) and invisible walls everywhere quickly became annoying during the demo. Especially since it’s in the BoTW world where you could do ANYTHING before. The game is more fun than expected, tho. Lots of button smashing, but entertaining at least. I have enjoyed the cutscenes. Some things I have to figure out, too, like Impa controls, inventory uses, upgrading weapons.

Pirate1

NintendoByNature

I'm holding off on the demo. Im one of those oddballs who can't play demos since I want the full experience right then and there lol

NintendoByNature

jump

Apparently the demo has been datamined and it contains all the fighter info, based on that the full roster is;

Link
Impa
Zelda
Urbosa
Mipha
Revali
Daruk
King Rhoam
Hestu
Riju
Sidon
Teba
Yunobo
Great Fairy
Master Kohga
A Monk
Mini Guardian
Ganon

Linkle will just have to settle for being paid DLC ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JoyBoy

I was kinda surprised you can do a wall jump, not sure if that's normal in these games.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Isle_Delfino_Man

My first Warriors game experience -really enjoyed it BUT that framerate... holy cow. It's a no from me unless that is improved with the full version

Isle_Delfino_Man

Raylax

I played officially Way Too Much of the original Hyrule Warriors (and its various ports) so I was totally fine with AoC's framerate / pop-in etc. Seems completely par for the course.

I thought the gameplay though was really cool - there seems to be considerably more depth to characters' movesets than the first game with wall jumps and air combos, and every character having different ways in which they utilize runes. I had a ton of fun with it. Also really appreciate that there's much more to fighting major enemies than waiting for the weak point gauge and wailing on it. The dodge timing for flurry attacks seemed a little loose but other than that having loads of different tactics for destroying that gauge made fighting them really fun.

Only real disappointment (and a fairly minor one at that) is how most of the "side missions" on the map are literally just "hand over X materials to win", but ah well.

I for one am very much looking forward to Nov 20.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Eel

jump wrote:

Apparently the demo has been datamined and it contains all the fighter info, based on that the full roster is;

Link
Impa
Zelda
Urbosa
Mipha
Revali
Daruk
King Rhoam
Hestu
Riju
Sidon
Teba
Yunobo
Great Fairy
Master Kohga
A Monk
Mini Guardian
Ganon

Linkle will just have to settle for being paid DLC ;p

Ah cool, glad to see they won’t be limiting themselves to “what would make sense”. It’s gonna be interesting to see what scenarios and ideas they have for some of these.

@Raylax the “hand over materials to win” missions are really just the same as buying medals in the bazaar in the first game. They’ve just made them part of the world building now.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ajm222

Ralizah wrote:

@ajm222 You can save outside of battles in the overworld map by pressing... the minus button, I believe. It's how I saved.

ok thanks. i'll give that a shot.

ajm222

chipia

Honestly, I wasn't too impressed with the demo.

I actually like the graphics, but the gameplay seems pretty repetitive. You keep fighting against the same enemies, and the fights against the large ones take forever (without these fights having different phases). It would have been more interesting if there was a larger variety of large enemies with less HP bloat.

chipia

link3710

@chipia Honestly, you can take these enemies down super fast if you know what you're doing. If you were taking forever against large enemies, then you weren't taking advantage of their weaknesses. It shouldn't take more than about 20 seconds max to take down anyone I've seen in the demo so far if you don't screw up, and I'm playing on hard mode. Which means I have regularly taken longer than that of course, but only due to my own mistakes. Things like countering with runes and flurry rush allow for you to quickly take down an enemy's gauge if you pull them off.

...also, you don't even get to make tactical decisions really during the first mission, which is kinda sad for people trying the game out. Later chapters will have routing and tactics become just as important as fighting most likely. That's part of what makes it so engaging.

link3710

Eel

@ToadBrigade the guardian wasn't meant to be fought directly. You were supposed to weaken it first bt activating other guardians.

Did you really just whack it for an hour until it died?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NintendoPete

After reading here that the framerate is quite choppy, I tried the demo myself. And we'll, the first few seconds where choppy but then I think the framerate was quite fine. Didn't encounter massive frame drops (if any). Haven played a Warriors game before and even though it's repetitive - there is still some tactics involved. I am quite intrigued. At least it is not as repetitive as Diablo 3. gonna give it a chance

NintendoPete

Eel

@TexanSansei I believe you can get the boomerang on the second big level. Though it could be hidden in treasure chests.

It's mostly identical to the regular sword. But with an alternate spin attack.

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic