Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 481 to 500 of 4,706

JaxonH

All 14 weapon promo videos leaked on their France site, and someone backed them up before it was set to private

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

....I'm gonna not bother with them, but I'm not surprised that more World monsters are returning anyways. I am wondering what they're going to do with Bazel, though.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

A lot of Nintendo only MH fans who haven’t experienced any World monsters, so I can appreciate the heavy dose. Plus, they’re good monsters. Lord knows I’ve hunted the old world monsters to near extinction so, it’s fine by me.

It’ll be a solid mix of new world, old world and brand new monsters.

@Joeynator3000
Which fleet are you from? 3rd?

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

"they’re good monsters"
...Except Girros....and Xeno...lol

Also, fleet? Wat? xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

@Joeynator3000
Xenojiiva I agree, but I love Great Girros!

Anyways, your fleet. Ya know, the generation you started with? In MH World you’re referred to as belonging to “The 5th Fleet” being a 5th generation game. MH World also mentions the 3rd fleet (those who started with MH Tri, MHP3rd and MH3U), the 4th fleet (those who started with MH4U, MHGen and MHGU), and obviously the 1st and 2nd fleet started on PS back in the day.

Everyone has their fleet they belong to. Which one are you?

Joeynator3000

...Oh, 3rd fleet, and anything with paralysis is a terrible monster that infuriates me completely!
...Except Gobul. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Mountain_Man

@JaxonH Then there are those cases where even an objectively poor presentation doesn't tell you how enjoyable a game might actually be. Outer Worlds is the perfect example. There's no denying that it's an ugly game on the Switch. Even post-patch, the best I can say about it is that it almost looks good at times. But I still put 40-hours into it and enjoyed every minute because it's actually a really fun and well-designed RPG (aren't many RPGs where you can accidentally — or deliberately — kill key quest giving NPCs and not end up with a broken game).

So in the end, a detailed technical analysis is interesting, and I enjoy watching them, but using it as a basis for deciding if a game is good or not is silly.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

Tyranexx

Are the Dual Blades beginner-friendly? I'm really liking the looks of them.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JaxonH

@Mountain_Man
True. Everyone has different tolerance thresholds. For me, I love Outer Worlds, and I tried to play it on Switch, but... admittedly it was just too distracting with how blurry everything was in handheld. So I bought on Steam and was actually just playing about an hour ago. But I love the game, and if you can get past the visuals, I have no doubt the game is crazy fun on Switch just like anywhere else.

But other games, like Doom Eternal- ya, it can drop res in handheld, but not enough to cross that tolerance threshold for me. Plus, it looks really good when it’s not momentarily dropping quality during an intense battle, and it’s such a fast paced game that, when that does happen, you’re moving and dashing all over the place so quickly, ripping and tearing like a madman, you’re not pausing to admire the scenery. In motion it looks great, and feels exactly the same as playing it on Steam. More fun, even, as ripping and tearing on the Switch Lite is an experience of a lifetime.

But catch a screenshot at the right moment when quality drops for a second, post it online, tell people “this is what it looks like in handheld mode- unacceptable!” and people start rioting. Like... for one, you’re viewing it on a 6” screen, for two, it’s only momentary, and three, you’re in motion and heavy combat when it happens so you don’t even notice... so no, that is not “representative of the experience”.

@Joeynator3000
Ok, you’ve officially made me want underwater combat to return now. I need Gobul in flooded forest. PROPER Gobul. Gobul that hides in the seabed to camouflage. Not a gimped land version of an angler fish.

I think underwater combat could work great, just so long as it’s not the sole focus of the game like it was in the third generation. If it was just an area or two in one or two maps that allowed a small handful of amphibious creatures to be fought on both land and water, That would really add to the experience. And because it wouldn’t be the focus of the entire game you wouldn’t feel like half the monsters you’re fighting have underwater fights. It just just be to allow Gobul to return in flooded forest, and allow Lagiacrus, Royal Ludroth and Somnacanth to offer more dynamic quests. Everything else, land based. All the other maps, land based. Just an area or two in a single map or two with deep water swimming. But I doubt that’ll happen. Ah well.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, I take it? Wii U, or 3DS?

Joeynator3000

Eh, I'd rather just have semi-underwater Gobul. They could easily revamp him for this game as well...but yeah I just want him back. I never liked underwater back in 3/3U, especially when the freakin' camera working against you and started doing weird thing because it touched a wall or a massive monster like Ceadeus or Miralis. lol

I started with the original 3 on Wii.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

@Tyranexx
Absolutely.

I’d say Dual Blades, Long Sword, Sword and Shield. Those are the 3 best beginner weapons because they don’t have insanely complex mechanics or require bespoke strategies.

All the other weapons are either slower weapons (great sword, hammer, hunting horn) which are amazing but require more skill knowing monsters moves ahead of time to anticipate attacks landing, guard-based weapons (Lance and gunlance) which require a unique approach, ranged weapons (bow, heavy Bowgun and light Bowgun) which look insanely awesome, but ranged is a whole different ballgame, the morphing weapons (charge blade and Switch axe) which morph into an axe with charged phials, and Insect Glaive which is a radical departure from all other weapon types- super fun, but complex for newbies.

I started learning the game with Long Sword, then Dual Blades, then eventually Hunting Horn back in MH3U.

@DarthNocturnal
Wow, lots of 3rd fleet hunters in here! I played Tri, but not really. I didn’t know what I was doing, had no idea what the game was about and stopped playing before I ever hunted a real monster. It was MH3U on Wii U that got me addicted. That game was something special back in 2013.

It’s crazy seeing how far this franchise has come since then, isn’t it? Like... wow. We’re finally there. Remember playing on 3DS, thinking man, I wish they’d make a AAA Monster Hunter without loading screens with awesome graphics and more modern... we’re there. We. Are. There. 😁

Tyranexx

@JaxonH Awesome! I'm thinking about messing with Dual Blades first, then trying out the Long Sword before trying one of the more complex weapons. I've always liked getting up close and personal in RPGs and MMOs and have a preference for bladed weapons in general.

Thanks for the feedback!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ralizah

I've owned World for two years now on PS4 and never touched it. Owned 3U on Wii U for five years and never touched it.

I'm just never going to want to play these games on home consoles, so I'm glad one was designed with the hardware limitations of the Switch in mind.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
Ya. There was Jhen Mohran and... Who was the other one? Can’t recall. Those were fun. Gold beard Caedus and Dire Miralis will likely never return though, due to underwater combat required. Ooh! I wanna see Gogmazios! In crisp HD on the handheld screen! Now THAT was a showdown.

We MH fans haven’t had it easy. Be it the Claw Grip, using D-pad for camera controls, little Windows 2000 laptop nubs for camera controls, 240p res with 6th gen graphics, Japan-only releases where you literally have to learn a foreign language just to play the game... no. It hasn’t been easy for MH fans. We paid our dues.

Now it’s time to reap our due reward. Can you imagine how good this game is going to look and feel to play on Switch in handheld mode, or tabletop? Oh my goodness. This is literally all I wanted this generation. Been saying it since March 2017- “I just want a new Monster Hunter for Switch, built ground up”. We are 99 days away from that reality.

Joeynator3000

Dah'ren, I liked them at first but now they're just "meh" to me, lol. World didn't really do a good job with the new siege-type monster or whatever with Zorah, so...eh. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

Zorah Magdaros was boring, like Lao Shan Lung.

Oh my gosh, I just realized... we need Seregios in this game. Why has he not been shown or even leaked? Not good.

crimsontadpoles

Jhen and Dah'ren Mohran are great. They were epic battles, and have some cool music. MH siege battles are often mediocre, but those two are the exceptions.

I also love how Dah'ren was introduced to HM4U. Really wasn't expecting it to jump out like that so early on in the game, gave me quite the panic when I first saw it.

Personally I'd love to see Qurupeco return. Birds are cool, and I've got a soft spot for that Deviljho summoning goofball.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Magician

Those wirebug attacks with the hammer though. I would not have believed Capcom would make hammers appear to be even more fun to use in MHR than in MHW. I was thinking about starting with dual blades for MHR, but now I'm not so sure.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

I love Qurupeco. And there was the subspecies, Crimson Qurupeco, which I believe was also found in the Flooded Forest. I remember the first time he summoned a Rathian, which I’d never seen before, and was like, “huge fire breathing dragon! Run!”

Hammer looks so good even I’m tempted to main it after seeing that showcase. The Royal Ludroth armor looks so slick, too. I need that Ludroth armor. Don’t even care what the skills are. Fashion Hunter needs puffy, yellow Eskimo coat from the giant sponge lizard.

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
It’s in, but to what extent I cannot say. The Deluxe version comes with layered armor, and the amiibo give you layered armor. But I doubt you get full, unfettered access right from the start. MHGU let you do full transmog, but only once you were deep into G-rank.

Full transmog from the start kind of kills the fun a bit? On the other hand, as long as you can only do it with full sets you’ve crafted (so you still had to earn the visible armor set) and so long as you can only transmog within rank (no mixing low rank armors with high rank ones, otherwise a low rank armor would have you set the entire game). But how MHGU did it was, they made it a permanent transaction. So once you transmogged an armor set onto another one, it wasn’t reversible. Which was a good counterbalance.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic