Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 4,706

MajinSoul

Well, there goes the only reason for me to double dip for the PC version.

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

...It kinda was the same deal with World/IB...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Snatcher

@JaxonH Wait so does that just mean we can't transfer are pc accounts with are switch ones?

Also every time I just hop back on this game for an event, I just remember why I love the games so much, the thrill of the HUNT!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Pizzamorg

MajinSoul wrote:

Well, there goes the only reason for me to double dip for the PC version.

Yeah, I really am in two minds. So far what I’ve seen from the PC port hasn’t been nearly as impressive as the console to PC port of World. (Although I will need to try the demo). But, between that and the tedious grind to get to Valstrax (which I assume you will need to do, to do Sunbreak’s content?), like can I really be bothered to do that all over again?

Especially as I think the Switch version is fine, I don’t like how low the resolution is, but the frame rate being as rocksteady as it is, means I am not really hungering for that 60 fps or above I’d get on PC. And while the PC version is in higher resolution, it doesn’t really appear to have expanded on what is there, so it just ends up highlighting how flat and lifeless everything looks outside of the monsters/players. Hardly seems worth the upgrade and doubling my grind.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Jrpglover

Well I was going to buy it on pc but Im not now rip capcom

Jrpglover

VoidofLight

I was going to try to see if I could get it on pc, but now I have no interest, given that they're not doing anything to let me play with my friends, or my own characters.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Joeynator3000

browses Youtube

Woah, there's a new Ibushi + Narwa event?! Freakin' finally! This is-...
Oh, it's that stupid channel with the extremely clickbaity video titles. Never mind. >_>

Alright, cool...back to doing something else that's not Rise I guess. -.-

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Snatcher

@Joeynator3000 May I know the name of the channel?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

Joeynator3000

@Snatcher I just remembered that I can select an option to no recommend me the channel anymore. lol
Hopefully it works...anyways it's Nintendo Sphere.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Snatcher

@Joeynator3000 ahh, yes, I got sick of there clickbait a wile back.

I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

@DomGC They probably took the survey for the future games, where they'll probably include it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

MisterMan

The PC demo is... nice! I wasn't going to double dip but this is very tempting. I'll probably pick it up on PC shortly before Sunbreak comes out (hopefully on sale) and play on the Steam Deck.

MisterMan

Jrpglover

DomGC wrote:

The crosssave/play stuff is horses***

Why the hell would they ask if people would get rise on pc if it had those features if they don't want to or can't get it done? lmao

That's not something devs "just notice" from one day to another. They must've known that we ain't gonna get that for a while.

I said it on Reddit and got downvoted but. Imo they will " find away" to add it if pc sales don't meet their expectations. Due to lack of cross save

Jrpglover

Snatcher

So I got Monster gen today, and I'm going to start pouring time into after I'm not with colors, But if anyone could give me some tips on converting from Rise/world to this, it would be really nice.

I’m very much alive!

Pizzamorg

I tried out the Rise PC demo and that kinda confirmed to me that I'm not gonna bother with this. The higher FPS/resolution is nice, but it is still a port of a game built for the Switch, so like I thought it would, the higher resolution is just mostly unkind to the game. It was nice seeing some of the weapons and armour sets properly for the first time so you can appreciate those small details, but it is hardly worth the double dip on it's own. I might have been convinced if my friend loved it, but we played for maybe forty five minutes and it seems like he never wanted to play again.

PC controls are pretty rancid at default, which probably didn't help. There was a bunch of stuff that is really simple on a controller, I just could not work out how to do using the default keyboard and mouse controls. My friend who didn't play on Switch confirmed how awkward the controls were, this wasn't my bias because I'd played the Switch version already. He had to macro some inputs, as for some reason some inputs were hardbound in the demo.

Pizzamorg

I dunno, some things in World were so convenient on a M+K. Like I am used to it now, but the amount of inputs to get to an item and use them on a controller feels like such a nuisance, when you could just spin your middle mouse button and press your input button.

Likewise, the ability for the PC version to create macros in game is really great, so there is no chance of mishitting and doing the wrong thing. There were some ludicrously complex combos in World, you could turn into just a couple of inputs for the full combo. And even for basic things, like slightly miss timing a pole vault and getting killed is frustrating AF but I can just give that a single dedicated button on PC.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Mii_duck

I'm a few hours into Rise, my first MH game.

What... what... what does it mean? What does any of this mean? Loadouts, Radial wheels... each button does 12 different things... Google is doing some heavy lifting I can tell you, but I'm slowly figuring it out.

Gone with dual blades to start, which feels a bit button mashery, but seems closer in playstyle to a Dragon's Dogma or Kingdoms of Amalur type game (two of my favourites on Switch) while I ease my way into it.

It hasn't all 'clicked' yet, but I'm sure it's all going to come together and the rewards will be worth the learning curve.

Mii_duck

JaxonH

@Mii_duck
It will. Dual Blades are button mashy and ingrain bad habits for you later, as everything in the game revolves around animation management.

Switch axe is pretty easy weapon to learn, reasonably fast and yet offers plenty of depth. This is a game where you never want to mash a button without knowing exactly what your intent is before doing so. Watch Gaijin Hunter, Arrekz and Rurikhan tutorial videos for the weapon you want to learn and practice in the training area. Also gotta learn the wirebug.

Mastering movement is critical. You have to get the muscle memory down so that you run without thinking, sheath without thinking, dodge without thinking, do a wirefall recovery when knocked down without thinking, etc.

And watching gameplay of others using the weapon you're using is very beneficial.

For now, just focus on setting up your radial menu with the basics (potions and mega potions for health, rations or well done steaks for stamina, nulberries to negate status effects, antidotes to negate poison, etc. Learn to use traps and tranqs to capture monsters (game should explain at some point too).

Just play and have fun. Exploring and gathering and the combat are the star of the show. Practice makes perfect.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Mii_duck

@JaxonH - The main thing is me not treating it like an action RPG and more like a, well, hunt, instead of my usual advanced tactic of steaming in all guns blazing/knives flashing with as many health potions as I can carry.

I beat the two star Lagombi on the Frost Islands last night. Fast, slidey-attacking thing and dual blades felt completely wrong. Tricky getting close to it as your movement is comparatively slow and the camera (understandably) doesn't lock on. I was wishing I had a ranged weapon and some traps.

I'm struggling with the wirebug at the mo. Silkbind attacks always seem to miss and haven't got the knack of hanging in the air to launch an aerial attack. Spent a bit of time just exploring and climbing to get used to it.

I'll try Switch Axe on some of the earlier hunts for practice, but it felt slow in the training area. Insect Glave looks interesting, but guides suggest it's not for newbies.

Need to dip a toe into crafting as well... need to slow down and enjoy the mechanics of the game rather than 'rushing' through action RPG style.

Edit: thanks for the advice @JaxonH, especially on what to take on the radial wheel.

Edited on by Mii_duck

Mii_duck

Pizzamorg

I actually think the Longsword is probably one of the best weapons for beginners. Has a very simple loop and set of combos. While there is advanced ways of using the LS, anyone can pick up the LS, especially when it comes to counter play and combo chaining, you do decent damage without having to worry about any of that stuff. Plus, the weapon leaves you with enough manoeuvrability left over to practice the franchises rhythms.

The Glaive is sort of an inverse of the usual weapon curve in MH, where I actually think it is more complex on paper than it is to actually use. There aren't really complex combos that unlock the true power of the weapon like there are with basically other weapons, but there is a lot more micromanagement in terms of how you set up the Glaive to make sure you are using it at it's full potential. But once you get that down, it is probably one of the simplest weapons to use in the game.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic